NFL week 12

CRASHER

And now with these Thursday Night games, the week just flies even FASTER ya know? Not a lot of intrgiuing games this week... in fact most of them are the good feasting on the bad... I guess it's fitting to be served appetizers the week of Thanksgiving!

Thursday November 20:

Bengals at Steelers:

Wow the Bengals awesome is WOEFUL :blink: ... really there was no point to watch this game... Willie Parker gets banged up and no one cares... the Bengals make last year's Devil offense look explosive... bad weather.. bad opponent... kick/wham/STUNNER... I barely watched the NFL Network version of this (though I did listen to the 3rd quarter on the radio while taking the SUPER LONG WAY up to Montclair last night :rant:)

Sunday November 23:

Eagles at Ravens:

Hey Donovan did ya think there was a punt, pass and kick to break the tie after OT?? Moron :P

Then again the Ravens fared no better against the Giants... and both of these teams are in a playoff dogfight

Both these teams DO need this, which makes it more watchable, but I kinda like the Eagles more here since they have some weapons on offense and defense here and that should be enough!

Prediction: Eagles

Game Quality: **

Texans at Browns:

One of those "damn people thought they'd be better then this"... more so with Cleveland (well i was higher on Houston).. the Browns do have some impressive wins this year and can still sniff at playoffs being the top 4-6 team in the AFC...I'd love to pick the Texans here but they seem lost aside of Steve Slaton... so I'll go with the team with something to win here...

Prediction: Browns

Game Quality: * 1/2 (I'd watch this more on Week 17, when I pout on the season ending and love to watch one lone crap-fest!)

Tampa at Lions:

Oh Detroit, I can't even make more fun of you now... the only question here is will Warrick Dunn or Cadillac run the ball crazy on the awful Lions... and who starts Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday in Detroit... this game sucks!!

Prediction: Tampa

Game Quality: *

Bills at Chiefs:

MUST win game for Buffalo.. they're reeling, they can't do anything right, and Clown's already on the ledge, the Chiefs are playing feisty, but Herm neagtes any of that (but CMON... you laughed at Larry Johnson under center, because you wondered why Herm hadn't done it a hundred years ago!).. Buffalo needs the hell out of this... BILL-eive!!!!

Prediction: Bills

Bears at Rams:

Oh the Rams... start Kyle Orton this week folks!!!!

Prediction: Bears

Game Quality: * (the Hazlet honeymoon is long gone!)

Jets at Titans:

Thank God I have an mp3 players in my car, NY Sports Talk is getting absurd... they're hyping a Giant/Jet Super Bowl ALREADY.... God help me I'm going to run to Amish Country for that Super Bowl if it happens! The Titans are still playing the best football in the league... you take away the run, and Kerry Collins chugs some Steve-weisers and tosses it up!... the defense is VERY good...and Jesus this city needs a times square sized piece of humble pie goddamit!!!! The Titans keep rolling (hell they're so good they even took and fixed the old Jets name!)

Precition: 11-0!

Game Quality: ***

New England at Miami:

This too is a BIG game... Are the Dolphins for real? How will the Pats react to that embarrassment last week?

Speaking of embarrassed... what about the beating Miami already put on them?? Do the Patriots have enough players to stop the Wildcat? I don't know if they can... and I'm still not convinced the Patrtiot offense trusts Matt Cassel with the ball (also weird to note... the Pats let Ben-Jarvis run the ball and they win... they don't let him run the ball, and yeah so I'm pissed about his .9 point effort... but he's been effective with the ball LET HIM RUN IT!), and even more so with this beat-up defense.. it's time to hand the sh!t off!!!

Prediction: Dolphins (Porter and Chad FOR THE WIN!)

Vikings at Jaguars:

THE DISAPPOINTMENT BOWL!! Both of these teams were expecting so much more and not expecting to be 11th and 12th in their conferences, but both of these teams gotta be thinking "run the table and get a chance" (more so for the Vikings)... but I don't like the Vikings much when they play a "they do everything we do" type of team... and that's what Jacksonville is... and it comes down to Garrard > Freotte... game over!

Prediction: Jaguars

Game Quality: ** 3/4

49ers at Dallas:

It's a shame this ain't in Frisco so TO can dance in the Niner logo now! I don't know what to make of this game (well I do but this team scares me)... no Felix Jones HURTS, he's been such a bright spot on this team in the few games he DID play.... the Dallas D has gotten better with Wade calling the plays and the offense should improve as the People's Pinky heals... the only way Frisco wins this is if Frank Gore goes batsh!t crazy here and he did THAT last week... can't see it... and Dallas will win long enough to string out this playoff delusion!

Prediction: Dallas

4pm:

Raiders at Denver:

Ugh, the unwatchable offense vs the un-tackle-able defense... if the Raiders had any form of cohesion, talent, skill, coaching and direction I'd LOVE them in this game, but ever since Bill Wirtz died, Al Davis has taken over in the "guy running a team who needs to die before this team gets good" status... and that slimy douche Shanahan does love to beat up on the Raiders....

Prediction: Denver

Game Quality: * 1/2

Carolina at Atlanta:

This is a fascinating game too here actually.... the Falcons finally lost at home last week, and they still gotta have their heads in the clouds at how good this season has been for them... while under the whole universe's radar, the Panthers have emerged as the NFC's Second best team (right now) and still talking home-field (big for them, they've not lost at home yet).. these teams are actually kinda similar (more so now that Delhommo is playing like a rookie again :P)... I see this game on in front of me at 4pm Sunday! I do think Carolina is ready to make the next step and Atlanta's NOT yet, but this will be fun!

Prediction: Carolina

Game Quality: *** 3/4

NY Giants at Arizona:

Why should I even bother at this point? I can make all these cases for the Cardinals, but it comes down when you pressure the First Round Draft Pick for Team Jesus, he starts praying and sucking... and the Giants will do that... they can run the ball without Jacobs... and yeah...right

Prediction: Giants

Game Quality: ** 3/4

Washington at Seattle:

Yeech...I can't talk about this... it's a beating... move on! GO PORTIS!!

Prediction: Redskins

Game Quality: *

8pm:

Colts at Chargers:

Wow... fascinating game here....the Colts are rolling again (somehow)... but the Chargers always play them rough... the Colts are letting rushing yards by the BUCKET (gee Bob Sanders is out again too, no really I am shocked!)... I still don't think the Colts will make the playoffs and as MISERABLE as Denver is too the Chargers can keep in this still (Lord knows HOW)... again should be a fun night of football!!

Prediction: Chargers

Monday November 24:

Packers at Saints:

Interesting game here... a team that lives by the pass (Saints) and a team that feasts on passing game mistakes (lead the league not only in INTs but pick-6's), the Satins again seem to be struggling to do anything but throw the ball... and the Packers are playing just too solid, and the Saints... ain't (pardon the pun)

Prediction: Packers

Game Quality: *** 1/2 (game looks like it could be exciting)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when you will admit the Giants are a good team and having a good season after winning the super bowl last year, they are now favorites to win it this year....

Instead every week you write up the giants game, like "yea they will probably be lucky again!"

Why bother when the rest of the world sucks their nuts 24/7 anyway ??

and where in there did I say they'd get lucky??

I made a comment that you pressure Warner (who annoys me for cramming finding Jesus down our throats so I make fun of it) and Brandon Jacobs not playing won't matter

you've been right before but this is NOT the week I went after the Giants :P

I wonder when you will admit the Giants are a good team and having a good season after winning the super bowl last year, they are now favorites to win it this year....

Instead every week you write up the giants game, like "yea they will probably be lucky again!"

With all due respect, are you STILL insecure about the Giants, or need to have other fans validate how great they are playing right now?!?!?!?!??! :unsure:

Edited by LOTCB

And for those who question my hatred.... FIVE PEOPLE in the bar already

"Well I'm a Giants fan but I gotta root for the Jets today"

WEARING JET JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Totally unacceptable!!!!! :rant:

Are you on your phone or something?

I lobbied this bar for wireless internet for YEARS

they finally got it and I take the seat at the bar by the outlet and plug my laptop in :P

So how many laptops have you gone through between beer, soda, pizza, and buffalo wing spills? :P

NONE

people know to NOT Farooq with the laptop or I will kill them D-E-D DEAD!!!!

Jeez, the one time we needed the worthless Fish to beat the worthless Pats, they spit it up!

You think waterboy Shula will now send the carton of champagne to the Jets?

Cassel threw for 400 yards AGAIN...man, the one year the Patriots weren't supposed to be a factor :argh:

We'd just better keep rolling and win at least four out of these last five to hold the division, hopefully Pittsburgh's tough schedule catches up with it and we can get the two seed.

Cassel threw for 400 yards AGAIN...man, the one year the Patriots weren't supposed to be a factor :argh:

We'd just better keep rolling and win at least four out of these last five to hold the division, hopefully Pittsburgh's tough schedule catches up with it and we can get the two seed.

I'm starting to believe it has more to do with the solid offense around him than the skill of the QB. NE is loaded with weapons and has a very good offensive line. A lot of QB's would do well with that.

Very happy that the Giants went to Arizona missing 2 outta 3 of their most important offensive players and still come out with a W. 1 thing I have thought about is how well the Giants defense has been playing. Over this season, the Giants were said to have played agianst the leagues best defense 3 weeks already (Ravens, Steelers, Eagles) and you know that the Antonio Pierce and the rest of the D is playing the no respect card. The Giants offense has already played the best D in the league 30 times, in training camp.

Big game from Eli today.

was just thinking about this today...

Lets just say the Jets and Giants are the home team for the conference title games.

WTF happens

The Jets get b!tched out and get sent to Philly, after all it is Giants Stadium. :whistling: (Just kidding all you Jet fans)

I'd say they would have one game on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

was just thinking about this today...

Lets just say the Jets and Giants are the home team for the conference title games.

WTF happens

Armageddon ... simply put :P

While you guys are all patting yourselves on the back you are missing one HELL of a football game on NBC!

The Jets get b!tched out and get sent to Philly, after all it is Giants Stadium. :whistling: (Just kidding all you Jet fans)

I'd say they would have one game on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

but i dont think the field can take two football games in less or 24 hours

While you guys are all patting yourselves on the back you are missing one HELL of a football game on NBC!

oh im watching it...im saying off the upright errr i mean im saying he drills it ;):P

Edited by Mike441

Wow what a ballsy call by the Colts, fourth and an inch from midfield and they run a play-action downfield with 27 seconds left to get in FG range. :blink: If they missed the Chargers could easily have gotten in FG range themselves. You only try that with a Manning, or a Brady though.

And Vinatieri hits a 50+ yarder, game over and the Colts are 7-4, still in the hunt.

J - E - T - S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!! :evil:

Un... be... lievable. This one feels even better than last week. This Tennessee team is great, I don't care what anyone says. You don't get to 10-0 by accident. Yes, the Jets had some breaks throughout the game, but the fact remains. They made plays when they needed to make plays. For those of you that missed the game, let me sum it up for you in three words... Time of possession. 40:30 to 19:30 Jets, Nothing more needs to be said. The 60yrd TD play by Leon, the 200 yards rushing, etc. Everything else is gravy. What dictated the game was TOP. Period.

*Now let's take this to the next level: In the long run, what does this victory mean for the Jets season? A TON! Like I said, I think it's bigger than last weeks game. The win still keeps the Jets in first place ahead of New England, plus they now own the tie breaker over the Titans. (who don't exactally have a cakewalk the rest of the way) Tennessee finishes the season with Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Indy, all dangerous teams. The win also (pretty much) garentees the Jets a postseason. Even if they win only 2 or 3 more games the rest of the way, an 11-5 record should get you in. GREAT WIN GANG GREEN, KEEP IT GOING!

Nope, I'm watching it. I'm holding out hope for a Madden Bowl now, after having the 18-0 hopes for the Titans going into the Super Bowl and the Giants deining perfection agian crushed.

So, the Eagles are officially done, and the Giants are up 3. Keep it up.