NFL week 12

CRASHER

With all due respect, Scott, a Giant/Jet Superbowl means, for one night, I become a Giant fan. Enemy of my enemy and all that

Miami's secondary comes back down to earth; when you can't tell which Allen is the good Allen, you know there's problems. That's a very damaging loss in the playoff hunt, because it essentially means we have to go into New York and beat the Jets to get the wild card. since we don't have the tiebreaker over Indy, New England, or Baltimore right now IIRC. But aside from the secondary, I don't think I can complain much.

What can ya do? :noclue:

Next four games are all winnable, and if we want to make the playoffs, we need all four. St Louis, Buffalo, San Francisco, and Kansas City. Let's see how this team responds to having no margin of error.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, Scott, a Giant/Jet Superbowl means, for one night, I become a Giant fan. Enemy of my enemy and all that

You can do whatever you want I will NOT be watching that abortion of the NFL's Championship game :P

(though I should call it "pulling a Lynn :rant:)

The ONLY saving grace of all this is going to be seeing all the wanna-be phony Fraud bandwagon fans in this area HAVE TO PICK A GODDAMN SIDE oe see their phony empty brains explode!!!

(yes it's really come to that.....) :saddevil:

ED REED

ANDY Reid :P

Well done. LOL. But don't blame Reid that he ran into a pissed off Raven Defense.

What about for throwing his QB and season under the bus only down 10-7??

Yes McInjury was BAD... but holy hell

putting a ROOKIE IN??? Not smart!

What about for throwing his QB and season under the bus only down 10-7??

Yes McInjury was BAD... but holy hell

putting a ROOKIE IN??? Not smart!

I don't understand taking out McNabb, but I have to assume that Reid felt they could get back to basics (using a player called Westbrook once in a while) with Kolb in there as opposed to having McNabb needing to feel like he has to win games himself. McNabb taking a step back potentially could help them in next few weeks.

Jeez, the one time we needed the worthless Fish to beat the worthless Pats, they spit it up!

You think waterboy Shula will now send the carton of champagne to the Jets?

The only thing Shula should send to the Jets is a box of horse sh*t and about 53 forks. And the reason we lost is because our coaching staff (and they've been great this year, don't get me wrong) COMPLETELY spit the bit on the game-plan. One-on-one man up on the best reciever of the last 15 years?? Are you SERIOUS??!! It was a JOKE. And they NEVER adjusted and sent a safety over the top to help. Are you kidding me? The offesne was great (and now Camarillo is done for the year, so Ernest Wilford- now is the time to get off your lazy ass and actually EARN your $6 million signing bonus), but you can't let the Patriots line up in a spread offense and fire it all over the place and not adjust and play some underneath zone to take away the bubble screens that set it up for them to sling the fvcking ball all over the place.We let Cassell sit back there and pick us apart all day. They never punted once- that's on the coaches. Even the players said they weren't prepared for the offense New England was going to run and that falls on the coaches. And once they lined up in the shotgun on 9 out of the first 10 plays to start the first quarter, it should've been a sign they weren't gonna try and run the ball SO MAKE THE fvckING ADJUSTMENT!!

Miami's secondary comes back down to earth; when you can't tell which Allen is the good Allen, you know there's problems. That's a very damaging loss in the playoff hunt, because it essentially means we have to go into New York and beat the Jets to get the wild card. since we don't have the tiebreaker over Indy, New England, or Baltimore right now IIRC. But aside from the secondary, I don't think I can complain much.

What can ya do? :noclue:

Next four games are all winnable, and if we want to make the playoffs, we need all four. St Louis, Buffalo, San Francisco, and Kansas City. Let's see how this team responds to having no margin of error.

Hopefully by that time one of two things has happened: Old Man Favre has torn his ACL to shreds, or the Jets don't need the game by that point. I hope it's the former.

Edited by MadDog2020

Hopefully by that time one of two things has happened: Old Man Favre has torn his ACL to shreds, or the Jets don't need the game by that point. I hope it's the former.

That won't help unless the Jets tank all five. Which won't happen, for the record.

Baltimore still has WAS, DAL, and PIT I do believe, so they're not out of the woods yet. But we've lost head to head vs. Baltimore, so they'd need to crash and burn totally for us to pass them.

Indy I'm assuming might lose one more game the rest of the year if they keep healthy.

The real key is if we can catch up with New England, because if they lose to an AFC team and we win out, then we start going to tiebreakers like "How many points did we score on non-conference opponents on weeks when Tom Brady's supermodel girlfriend was on the rag?"

Need to take one game at a time MB30. Other teams in that WC race go head to head down the stretch, so anything can happen. One game at a time and take care of their own games and not worry about the other teams for now.

BTW, T. Owens had a monster game - 7-rec, 213 yards, TD. Owens had more yards receiving than 4-teams had in total offense on Sunday. :P

Crash-- good boys game and all.. and I'd love to continue to rub Terrell's 218 yards in some peeps faces...but hot damn... I think the boys are a long shot for the playoffs... We need Atlanta and Tampa to come back down to earth in a hurry... because I don't like our chances against holding off Washington... looking at their schedule and then at ours. Brutal.

Tie Breaker on Tampa helps (Green Bay getting pounded tonight does NOT help)

Win your games and the rest will happen

(this is why I know we lose the finale to screw the whole damn thing up!)

Don't discount Carolina falling off the map... I like them and all, but god damn they have issues.....

Need to take one game at a time MB30. Other teams in that WC race go head to head down the stretch, so anything can happen. One game at a time and take care of their own games and not worry about the other teams for now.

If you guarantee a DAMN THING about the Cowboys I will find you and execute you :P

The only thing Shula should send to the Jets is a box of horse sh*t and about 53 forks. And the reason we lost is because our coaching staff (and they've been great this year, don't get me wrong) COMPLETELY spit the bit on the game-plan. One-on-one man up on the best reciever of the last 15 years?? Are you SERIOUS??!! It was a JOKE. And they NEVER adjusted and sent a safety over the top to help. Are you kidding me? The offesne was great (and now Camarillo is done for the year, so Ernest Wilford- now is the time to get off your lazy ass and actually EARN your $6 million signing bonus), but you can't let the Patriots line up in a spread offense and fire it all over the place and not adjust and play some underneath zone to take away the bubble screens that set it up for them to sling the fvcking ball all over the place.We let Cassell sit back there and pick us apart all day. They never punted once- that's on the coaches. Even the players said they weren't prepared for the offense New England was going to run and that falls on the coaches. And once they lined up in the shotgun on 9 out of the first 10 plays to start the first quarter, it should've been a sign they weren't gonna try and run the ball SO MAKE THE fvckING ADJUSTMENT!!

Jets got burned by the same sort of crap a week ago. NE has so much talent offensively and does such a great job (best in the NFL imho) at picking up blitzes. If you double Moss, Welker is open. If you somehow manage to cover Welker, Faulk is open. Watson can be a pest, so can Gaffney he's a very good 3rd receiver.

if the Jets have locked up a bye and can knock out NE by letting Miami win week 17, I believe they'll play their backups and let Chad have his moment.

Edited by '7'

BTW, T. Owens had a monster game - 7-rec, 213 yards, TD. Owens had more yards receiving than 4-teams had in total offense on Sunday. :P

They have to give Owens a monster game once in while, it keeps him quiet! WAAAAAHHHH Give me the Ball!! WAAAHHHH!

A Giants Jets super bowl is all BS talk... Loooong way to go for the superbowl. giants being 10-1 means nothing until playoff time. Its nice we're having a good year and one of the BEST rushing attacks in the league, and it is also nice that the Giants are winning into their tough part of the schedule where many people thought the Giants "would come back to earth", but still a long way to go and anything can happen.

Its a nice view siting in first place though. #1 in most power rankings, and #1 in MOST stat categories.

Its also nice to see the Eagles suck and Andy Reid look like a moron as usual.

T.O. is the most overrated WR in the NFL. He is paid and hyped to do this every week regardless of his QB situation. He should give Dallas $$ back for every game he doesn't break 100 yards.

T.O. is the most overrated WR in the NFL. He is paid and hyped to do this every week regardless of his QB situation. He should give Dallas $$ back for every game he doesn't break 100 yards.

Are you still bitter he rejected the Ravens??

What receiver EVER does that??

(maybe the two Arizona ones and Jerry Rice)

Does that mean the Ravens D should give their money back for getting stomped on by the Giants??

Chad Johnson is LEGIONS more overrated, just to name one!

Are you still bitter he rejected the Ravens??

What receiver EVER does that??

(maybe the two Arizona ones and Jerry Rice)

Does that mean the Ravens D should give their money back for getting stomped on by the Giants??

Chad Johnson is LEGIONS more overrated, just to name one!

1. You have to be kidding me.

2. This is TO's first 100+ yard game since LAST YEAR

3. three broken plays against the best team in football right now? No, we are still the best D in the league.

4. 85 is in the same league as TO, all talk.

if the Jets have locked up a bye and can knock out NE by letting Miami win week 17, I believe they'll play their backups and let Chad have his moment.

As much as I'd want to see that happen, I think teams are going to start to change their philosophy on how they approach bye weeks with what the Giants did last year in a meaningless game against NE setting them up for their playoff run and how approaching byes like vacations has hurt the Colts multiple times.

It's probably a moot point anyway, the Jets would have to go 4-0 imo to have any shot of locking up the bye by then, I don't see NE going any worse than 3-1 their next four games and it also depends on what the Steelers do in the meantime.

Edited by Hasan4978

1. New York Giants 10-1 They've long made the argument to be on top, and now they're here, looking far better than they did in winning Super Bowl XLII.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Edited by overtime98

1. New York Giants 10-1 They've long made the argument to be on top, and now they're here, looking far better than they did in winning Super Bowl XLII.

Coughlin has this team focused and prepared even with injuries, this team plays to win. The Giants are the model team right now.

I still do not think the Giants are for real..please provide more bolded information, links, and references to validate the Giants. Thank you.