NFC/AFC Championship Sunday!!

CRASHER

Hey I got requested to make sure I set this up right this week...and I have some time now... so why not?? (doing this early has nothing to do with the Giants losing... but I'd be lying if it hasn't added a spring to my step and sunrises look brighter this week already! :boogie: ).... all that aside... it's time to kick off as unlikely an NFL's Final Four as I can remember!!! Next stop... SUPER BOWL!!! (sue me for saying it NFL.. I Dare ya :P)

NFC Championship: Phily at Arizona

I know it pisses people off that an 8-8 team (well 10-8 to be exact :P)... is hosting an NFC Title game... but cry me a river and go make a bunch of typos in your own damn thread!!! Division titles MEAN SOMETHING in the NFL... though... think about it... home field doesn't! (hell the only team to WIN at home this week is the one hosting their game... I'd say that counts as earning it eh??)... and I figured since I only got two games here... might as well break it down a little more...

QB: No advantage for either team..... McNabb has been good and gutty in this post-season (as well as this being his 5th Trip to the Conf. Finals) and PRAISE JESUS Kurt Warner is a Super Bowl MVP.... doesn't get much better then that either way....I'd give a tiny edge to McNabb cause he can move but it's still too close to matter....

RB: ADVANTAGE PHILY... Westbrook is a top 5 back in the league... and the Arizona running game has been an after thought until 2 weeks ago and the Cardinals don't need tpo run any more then to keep blitzers honest

WR: ADVATANGE ARIZONA.... Boudlin, Breaston and Fitzgerald.... you could drop an atomic bomb from a plane in orbit and Fizt could get under it and catch it clean without it hitting the ground or detonating... now THOSE are soft hands.... the Phily WR core is solid and Jackson is scary, but the AZ core is all-time level elite

O-Line: No advantage either team... before the playoffs I'd have given this to Phily... but the Cards have shown signs of run blocking and if you don't protect Warner it's praying time indeed... so gotta give them some credit there...the Eagles however took the Giants strength in pass rush and made it irrevelant (see shoulda gone to Cabo guys!!!)

D-Line: ADVANTAGE PHILY...Yes Arizona's been good in the playoffs... but the Eagles buzz and they make room for the blitz to bring the pain on opposing offenses... not to mention kept Adrian Peterson and the Giants 3-headed monster out of the mix (and made two HUGE 4th and Short stops!)

LB: ADVANTAGE PHILY... see Defensive line... same deal

DB's: No advantage either team...you can talk your Samuels and the Phily pass rush... Arizona has 7 INTs in it's two playoff games and is +8 in turnovers... that's retarded!

Kicking game/Special Teams: ADVANTAGE PHILY... the Phily punter is good... Akers has been there before, don't get me wrong.. Neil Rackers is good and has the cannon leg, but I think as a whole the Phily specials are more better....

Coaching: ADVANTAGE PHILY... you gotta think Andy Reid and staff being here before and bumping off the defending champions :whistling: is an edge there but don't sell this AZ staff short (I ain't spelling his name!)... they come from the Steeler franchise and they know a bit about winning too... but you never find out about a staff until they are under fire... and that fire begins Sunday

It's funny... you'd think from how I am writing that I'm gonna pick Phily... all the odds pick Phily... they played 2 months ago and Phily MAULED them....but yeah... I kinda gave it away... I have no reasoning here except for that fact that every team that was an "obvious winner" (ok, I kept picking the Giants once I realized they were 1-5 when I sucked it up and said it :evil:).... but it looks like a Phily roll....so just you watch!!!

WINNER (and cover!): ARIZONA CARDINALS (Praise Jesus there be a Super Bowl left in him yet!)

AFC Championship: Baltimore at Pittsburgh

Get the ice packs ready for this one... it's gonna be a slobberknocker! Hitting.... hitting... and more hitting... lots of sh!t talk and oh will it be BLOODY!!! I'm pumped for this one! You know all the details already on this war... time to just break it down!!!

QB: ADVANTAGE RAVENS.....Ben's won a Super Bowl, but Flacco's been more productive along the way... he's also been better protected and has better options to pass to... but there's some weird X-Factor to Joe Flacco that makes this pop-gun offense work!

RB: ADVANTAGE STEELERS.... Willie Parker and Mooee > McGahee, Rice and McClain... really... I mean I know the FB is the whole offense in Baltimore but we saw the first healthy Willie Parker in a long tiem last week... that's a scary edge for the Steelers

WR: ADVANTAGE STEELERS.... Holmes is dangerous... there are few better first down getters then Heinz Ward in the game... both teams ignore the TE for the most.. and the Steelers have more game breakers here and all the Ravens have is Derrick Mason, who sold his soul somewhere this season... or he's doing what Mickey Rourke did in "the Wrestler"... this may be the biggest advantage in this match-up

O-Line: ADVANTAGE RAVENS... just go look how many times Ben gets sacked and how few Flacco does... really that simple....

D-Line: No advantage either team... both teams run 3-4's and use the DL to muck up the run and make room for the LB's... so that's that

Linebackers: ADVANTAGE STEELERS.... yeah Ray Lewis :blahblah: :blahblah: ... the Steelers have him tims two... so shut up... both are good and both will be BIG factors Sunday Nght

DB's: ADVANTAGE RAVENS... yes I love Polamalu too... but Ed Reed is more better and the Ravens live and die on the big turnover more then the Steelers (but that's because the Steeler offense is better)

Kicking game/Special Teams: No advantage either team... both can break a game on a punt or kick... both have veteran clutch kickers and the punting game is gonna be big in this one... whichever punter backs up the other team is gonna win this one... no doubt

Coaching: No advantage here... there's what 3 years experience combined here??? I love the aggressive mindset of Harbaugh, and going for the kill at the right times... but I think this is even, though again a mistake here could be magnifed times a million!!

This one's a pure toss-up... I should grab SD's coin, and like play a video game with it or something... I'd love to say home field means something... but it doesn't.... good God it's gonna be close and I picked one Cinderella and I'm just ready my ears for the Raven fan chirping here... and the Steelers do tend to blow this

game also in their building.....

WINNER (AND COVER) Baltimore Ravens!!!!!

(damn someone could made COIN on that Super Bowl bet eh??? :blink: )

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you! The fact that your picking my Ravens pretty much seals the deal for Pitt.

I would have to question your analysis:

QB: Advantage Pitt, Big Ben makes miracles on broken plays (see our first two games for examples).

The one thing that will kill us: our time of possession. Our D will be tired by half time if we keep going 3 and out.

I actually am afraid to watch this game, because we are so tired.

Damn you! The fact that your picking my Ravens pretty much seals the deal for Pitt.

I would have to question your analysis:

QB: Advantage Pitt, Big Ben makes miracles on broken plays (see our first two games for examples).

The one thing that will kill us: our time of possession. Our D will be tired by half time if we keep going 3 and out.

I actually am afraid to watch this game, because we are so tired.

Perhaps that's why I did it :evil:

Then again like I said... Flacco does more with less which negates any big play Ben pulls outta his ass

and look at the playoffs this year... with the exception of the Eagles game B ) how many times has the better team won??

I know it pisses people off that an 8-8 team (well 10-8 to be exact )... is hosting an NFC Title game...

Actually 9-7 and 11-7. They won the last week against Seattle, which probably helped them going into the playoffs as weird as that sounds. And Philly's only a half game better at 9-6-1 anyway so I don't have a problem with them hosting it. It is kinda funny they go home-road-home.

And there's no way you can give the Ravens the edge at QB. Especially after Ben looked refreshed and ready to go last week after the bye - figures the one team that really needed the bye is the one that won with it.

http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberg...le?id=ROE750381

Ben's times sacked by season

2008 46

2007 47 (15 games)

2006 46 (15 games)

2005 23 (12 games)

2004 30

You really don't think the Ravens are gonna beat the PISS out of him Sunday, seriously???

I agree with your assessment on the NFC teams except two areas: (1) The Philly secondary is clearly better than Arizona's. Zona's numbers in the post season can be attributed to an epic fail performance by Delhomme. (2) Philly wins by 10.

Edited by devilsadvoc8

I agree with your assessment on the NFC teams except two areas: (1) The Philly secondary is clearly better than Arizona's. Zona's numbers in the post season can be attributed to an epic fail performance by Delhomme. (2) Philly wins by 10.

1. Arizona played well when it counts, and picked off Matt Ryan twice too, good teams make the best of bad plays, no matter how bad they are!

Unless we want to blame Delhomme for the Falcon game too :lol:

This game worries me as a Steelers fan for the same reason the Eagles game shoulda worried Giants fans ... you never want to face a division rival in the playoffs. You're right, CRASH, this game will be a freaking bloodbath. Our O-line scares the hell out of me, but the fact that Willie looked amazing on Sunday gives me hope that we'll be able to keep the Ravens D honest with an effective run game. It's gonna be a defensive battle, so whoever's offense can actually pull off one or two plays will win the game.

BTW, there's no way, no way Flacco has an edge over Ben. You're right, he is better protected. But then you say he has better options to pass to, then give the Steelers the edge in WRs and RBs. :noclue: If anything, Heap might have a slight edge on Heath. Maybe.

You really don't think the Ravens are gonna beat the PISS out of him Sunday, seriously???

Those aren't exactly David Carr in Houston numbers, but yes Ben does get beaten up a lot and the Steelers had a tough schedule, hence why they needed the bye.

I wasn't making a prediction on the game, simply saying a SB winning QB has to be rated above a rookie who hasn't been asked to do much. Besides aren't the Ravens themselves beaten up (to the tune of three defensive starters I think)?

Edited by Hasan4978

BTW, there's no way, no way Flacco has an edge over Ben. You're right, he is better protected. But then you say he has better options to pass to, then give the Steelers the edge in WRs and RBs. :noclue: If anything, Heap might have a slight edge on Heath. Maybe.

No I said the Steelers have vastly superior WR's (in fact it's the biggest gap in talent in any comparison)

I think the fact that Flacco has better time back there and a coordinator with brass balls, helps compensate for his pop-gun offense :P

Let's see Ben get to an AFC Title game with his best offensive weapon being L-Ron McClain :blink:

No I said the Steelers have vastly superior WR's (in fact it's the biggest gap in talent in any comparison)

I think the fact that Flacco has better time back there and a coordinator with brass balls, helps compensate for his pop-gun offense :P

Let's see Ben get to an AFC Title game with his best offensive weapon being L-Ron McClain :blink:

Oh OK, so you're saying Flacco has the edge because of how much he's done with so few weapons? I guess I can buy that. But by the same token, you could argue the opposite way because of how much Ben has accomplished this year with absolutely no pass protection. What's easier ... having all day to find crappy targets? Or having no time/having to create time to find good targets? I still personally give Ben the edge (biased maybe), even though I've been calling him Glass Joe for most of the season.

Oh OK, so you're saying Flacco has the edge because of how much he's done with so few weapons? I guess I can buy that. But by the same token, you could argue the opposite way because of how much Ben has accomplished this year with absolutely no pass protection. What's easier ... having all day to find crappy targets? Or having no time/having to create time to find good targets? I still personally give Ben the edge (biased maybe), even though I've been calling him Glass Joe for most of the season.

I'm also factoring in the superior pass protection as a chance to have a better day and make big plays down the field

You give any NFL team 4-6 seconds to look down the field and you will make plays no matter how spit and duct tape the weapons are!

they only sacked him 3 times in each game this season

that will have to improve Sunday

If you count how many times we HAD HIM in the grasp, but let him get away to make HUGE plays out of broken routes we WOULD have crushed the Steelers this year.

Big Ben has a way of eluding us in the pass rush, consequently our victories against Pitt has also been elusive.

LOTCB: I am going to cheer like hell for my boys, but my expectations are not very high. We are a very, very tired team on the defensive side of the ball and Big Ben just has our #.

But the Eagles were on the cover last week!

CMON ELI

Because the SI people are Giants homers and tried crappy reverse psychology... EPIC FAIL!!!!! :P

CMON JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!

(damn I am gonna have a field day with this on Sunday!)