Elias Will Play

Christopher_watts31_ls

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

Left wing Patrik Elias will return to the Devils' lineup tonight against Ottawa after missing the last four games with leg muscle tightness.

"I'm glad to be back," Elias said. "I had an issue that I had to handle and take care of it. Then, you have to talk to the coaches and management and then we all made the decision when it was the right time to come back and I'm happy I'm going to go back to playing hockey now."

Elias would not say if he has a groin injury, which is the suspicion.

Asked if he feels anything iwht his injury, he said, "No, I'm good."

"Guess who's back...back again...Guess who's back, Guess who's back, Guess who's back, Guess who's back"

"You cant start a fire, you cant start a fire without a spark"

Yeah I got nothing. Holik and Rupp sit with Patty back and PL3 looking to show something. Coming off another loss. I'm looking foward to the game now.

Let's go boys!!!1 Turn this ship around.

I wonder what the lines will be. I'm thinking something like this:

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Rolston-Gionta

Pando-Madden-Shanahan

PL3-Zubrus-Clarkson

As bad as Rolston has been, he has to play with skilled guys to get him going. What do you guys think?

I wonder what the lines will be. I'm thinking something like this:

Elias-Rolston-Gionta

Pando-Madden-Shanahan

PL3-Zubrus-Clarkson

As bad as Rolston has been, he has to play with skilled guys to get him going. What do you guys think?

Did you not read the blog...

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Pandolfo-Madden-Shanahan

PLL-Rolston-Clarkson

I actually think Holik's been fine lately. not earth shattering, but OK. I am excited to see PL3, I think he can be effective. Not a bad idea resting Holik and Rupper anyway. I just don't understand why Elias is playing. If Patrik is hurt, then he shouldn't play until the playoffs. Two games won't make a difference.

What I haven't liked most lately is the fact that if the Zajac line, or Gio isn't out there.. our speed decreases significantly... is Leblond a fast skater? I would like to see some speed infused into our game... I'm pretty excited to see how they react to this shakeup tonight.

PL^3 will play maybe one shift a period.... the rest of the time that line will have whoever is flying double shifted, so Rolston will get a good LW that way

PL^3 will play maybe one shift a period.... the rest of the time that line will have whoever is flying double shifted, so Rolston will get a good LW that way

Hopefully, either/or Sutter is picking on Rolston/Clarkson and is going to play them 4-5 minutes even strength tonight.

Any word on Havelid?

No and that's a good thing since the defense has been playing better without him. Havelid did not make the trip to Ottawa and is still injured.

I don't think Holik is being benched for this game. More like getting a rest before the playoff run. Sutter resting the slow guys and need some speed vs. Ottawa tonight.

Good to see Elias is back too.