With Jamie Out...

devilsrule33

Captaincy  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see another Devil wear the C with Jamie out?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so...who should be captain?

• Elias
    • Parise
    • Madden
    • Shanahan
    • White
    • Zubrus
    • Other

well say patty gets the c who will get the A they will either give it to shanny (maybe)

or gionta(he wore it wen patty sat our a game)

or maybe zach

i voted for shanny

I voted no, Langs will be out 2 games, hopefully that's the extent-- and if somebody else doesn't step up without the C, why should we force-feed them the role with the c?

we gave gionta A when patty was hurt on the 1 gm not that streak of games

Edited by marty_is_better30

it's silly to put it on another guy this time of year regardless of injury anyway

and if you need a letter to lead then you don't deserve one :P

(that aside it would be neat to see the 3rd A go to Parise)

Yeah, in my opinion, you have to respect your captain and not pick a new one every time he's out.. One of the guys wearing an A can take over his duties for now.. If he was going to be out for the entire playoffs or indefinitely then I would say pick a temp C

I voted no, Langs will be out 2 games, hopefully that's the extent-- and if somebody else doesn't step up without the C, why should we force-feed them the role with the c?

Exactly, this is not the time to play silly pshcychological mindgames.

We've seen how heavily the silly letter "C" weighs on players already under stress. Took Jamie a full season to fully get used to it.

HE IS STILL the Captain of this team.

This is NOT the time to work up those kind of theories and play this game again: "Well, Patty cared about it so much, MadDOG is the hardest worker, Shanny has the most experience".

I STRONGLY disagree with giving a "C" to anyone during the unless someone can give me a good reason why it makes the difference. (other than so-an-so deserves it)

I STRONGLY disagree with giving a "C" to anyone during the unless someone can give me a good reason why it makes the difference. (other than so-an-so deserves it)

Not that I agree with this argument, but some believe that the player who receives the C will experience a boost (whether it be in play or in leading the team).

The more I think about it, the more I think it should go to Madden. Immediately establish that the team they have now, is the team. If it changes tommorow, then so be it. Madden, Pando or Shanny. These players' play won't be affected by the "C". No need for Elias and Parise to have it, they have enough on their plate already.

1) Why is Zubrus on the list of options?

2) Who the hell actually voted for him?

Zubrus is one of the last people I'd give it to...

If Langs it out for only a short while, I think no ones gets the 'C' If he is going to be out for a good amount of time, I'd give it to Madden.

I think Parise is the next captain of this team, but I wouldn't give him the C in this situation. I think he's still a little too young and I don't think you should be giving someone their first taste of captaincy in the playoffs. He hasn't even worn an A before, has he?

I voted yes and for Elias. This is the team we have to work with and this is the team that we are going to win with: no way around it. This has to be established. No questions asked. I voted for Elias because he lost the C last year and you know that he wants to prove to Sutter that he deserves that C and there is no better way to prove this than to lead your team in a time of need during the playoffs.

Earlier this year we lost the greatest goaltender of all time. We overcame. We won. We lost a lot of our core in late November. We overcame. We won. Last month we lost six games in a row. We overcame. We won. We lost our captain yesterday. We will overcome and we will win.

This series is FAR from being over. It is not like we are behind in a deep hole and not playing quality hockey (look at Washington). We are playing very good hockey and this series is tied with one game a piece. We are not done.

Voted NO. If another Devils player was to wear the "C" it would be Elias or maybe madden. Don't think we will see a "C" worn for the next two games. If anything there maybe three "A" that will be worn until Langenbrunner comes back. It wouldn't suprise me to see Elias wear the "C" until Langenbrunner comes back.

It sucks the Devils will be without Langenbrunner for the next two games. Players like Gionta, Elias, Zubrus, Shanahan and Rolston need to step up their games with Langenbrunner out for the next two games.

Voted NO. If another Devils player was to wear the "C" it would be Elias or maybe madden. Don't think we will see a "C" worn for the next two games. If anything there maybe three "A" that will be worn until Langenbrunner comes back. It wouldn't suprise me to see Elias wear the "C" until Langenbrunner comes back.

It sucks the Devils will be without Langenbrunner for the next two games. Players like Gionta, Elias, Zubrus, Shanahan and Rolston need to step up their games with Langenbrunner out for the next two games.

Obviously there will be three players wearing an "A" if there is not a captain. That's a given.