Thinking about getting personalized Devs jersey

NYGDevils32

I always wanted to get a personalized red Devils jersey and now seems like the best time to do so since you can take 20% off your order in the Devils shop because of the thank you fans promo. But before I do it, I just want to make sure that the Devils aren't going to come out of nowhere and change their jerseys next year. Even though I don't see that happening in forever, I just want to double check... so if there are any sort of rumors, I may have to reconsider, but I think I'm good to go.

I always wanted to get a personalized red Devils jersey and now seems like the best time to do so since you can take 20% off your order in the Devils shop because of the thank you fans promo. But before I do it, I just want to make sure that the Devils aren't going to come out of nowhere and change their jerseys next year. Even though I don't see that happening in forever, I just want to double check... so if there are any sort of rumors, I may have to reconsider, but I think I'm good to go.

Haven't heard of any rumors about the Devils changing to a different jersey, don't think it will ever happen so I would go for it. :koolaid:

Yeah I wouldn't worry about a new jersey. I f I were you though, I would buy the jersey blank and then send it to Exclusive Pro in Illinois for the numbers and name. They actually do the on-ice jerseys for the Devils and the only place you can get the on-ice customizing. It still may even be cheaper than the 20% off the Devils give.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about a new jersey. I f I were you though, I would buy the jersey blank and then send it to Exclusive Pro in Illinois for the numbers and name. They actually do the on-ice jerseys for the Devils and the only place you can get the on-ice customizing. It still may even be cheaper than the 20% off the Devils give.

Good point here, if it's a Devils discount through the NHL's web store, I'd be very careful. NHL.com does an AWFUL job on jerseys for some reason. My Langenbrunner one looks like crap (they heat-press unless you're getting an authentic, and the nameplate is already falling off, not to mention the captain's C is too small and the nameplate it cut weird). I've heard other stories about NHL.com screwing up personalization too.

On the other hand, I've ordered from icejerseys.com as well and that one came out perfect.

So yeah, I'd research a little first to figure out who'll personalize the best jersey, unless your hell-bent on that discount, in which case you might wanna go with Souray's suggestion - might take a little longer, but you'll have it before the season for sure and you'll know it's done right.

Good point here, if it's a Devils discount through the NHL's web store, I'd be very careful. NHL.com does an AWFUL job on jerseys for some reason. My Langenbrunner one looks like crap (they heat-press unless you're getting an authentic, and the nameplate is already falling off, not to mention the captain's C is too small and the nameplate it cut weird). I've heard other stories about NHL.com screwing up personalization too.

On the other hand, I've ordered from icejerseys.com as well and that one came out perfect.

So yeah, I'd research a little first to figure out who'll personalize the best jersey, unless your hell-bent on that discount, in which case you might wanna go with Souray's suggestion - might take a little longer, but you'll have it before the season for sure and you'll know it's done right.

Yeah NHL.com screwed up my Clarkson so bad! The numbers were crooked and the font was so God aweful. You pay for a jersey, especially authentic, you want it done as the players have it.

What I just learned last week is IceJerseys actually send their Devils orders to Exclusive Pro (at least now they do) because they want them done right. Meigray, who does the Devils actual jerseys, send the blank ones before the season to Exclusive Pro. Takes about 3 weeks and the price is good.

Just to share my awful nhl.com jersey experience, I ordered a 26 Elias home jersey for my little sister... they put hurricane color numbers on the sleeves (irony?)... went I sent it back the replacement had the exact same problem despite me telling them explicitly about the wrong colors. They offered me 25% off and free customization ($55) and I still turned them down, I won't deal with those clowns again.

Edited by squishyx

I'm glad I read this because I was thinking about buying an authentic from NHL.com.

The guy with the dreadlocks who works for the Devils den at the rock does a great job. I waited there once and saw this guy knock out 5 jerseys pretty quick and everything came out neat and well pressed. Is that store open during the off season?

The guy with the dreadlocks who works for the Devils den at the rock does a great job. I waited there once and saw this guy knock out 5 jerseys pretty quick and everything came out neat and well pressed. Is that store open during the off season?

I think so. It was when I was up in the area on Friday afternoon, anyway.

I'm glad I read this because I was thinking about buying an authentic from NHL.com.

Just by the authentic jersey blank from NHL.com. Then ship to Exclusive Pro for customizing. You will be one of the few that has it done right :)

In case anybody cares, I went through with it and bought it on nhl.com and it came in today... it only took 6 days. And it came out great, not a problem with it yet... hopefully it can stay like that after it goes through the gentle wash.

I got my last name "MOORE" on the back with #32, and I put an "A" on the front just for the hell of it. Now I am one of the alternate captains incase Langs misses a game.

What I just learned last week is IceJerseys actually send their Devils orders to Exclusive Pro (at least now they do) because they want them done right.

Exclusive Pro is one of the places they send jerseys to. They also have one or two other customizers they use and they have recently started customizing jerseys on their own. They are about $30 more than Exclusive Pro though.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about a new jersey.

A New Jersey what? A New Jersey Devil? Or did you mean a new jersey for New Jersey (or a New Jersey jersey...)?

Heh, heh, heh.... just kidding.... I just couldn't resist.... actually, I've always wanted to do that....

In case anybody cares, I went through with it and bought it on nhl.com and it came in today... it only took 6 days. And it came out great, not a problem with it yet... hopefully it can stay like that after it goes through the gentle wash.

I got my last name "MOORE" on the back with #32, and I put an "A" on the front just for the hell of it. Now I am one of the alternate captains incase Langs misses a game.

We're countin' on you man!

So, what are you getting? Holik? Havelid?

I remember going to Crosby's first NHL game at the meadowlands. Walking over the bridge there were dozens of Crosby jerseys. We had fun with those people being fans of someone who didn't even play a game yet.

"Parise's Better!"

The store should be open, but you should call ahead and double check for summer hours: (973) 757-6230

When I went for the blood drive, I asked if the store was open during the off season and the young lady said they were.

The jerseys are heat pressed at the Den as well. If there is prior issues with pressed lettering as some have stated, I would too buy the blank off nhl.com and send it to Exclusive Pro and have them stich it up.

Good thing I read this, I was thinking abut ordering a Parise road jersey from nhl.com.

The best place to go for jerseys in this area is Cosby's. They are generally more expensive than most places and take a little longer, but there is a reason. They will make it right and you get what you pay for. Don't know anything about that place in Illinois that someone mentioned, but if they make the jerseys for the players, than I would check them out, as well.

The best place to go for jerseys in this area is Cosby's. They are generally more expensive than most places and take a little longer, but there is a reason. They will make it right and you get what you pay for. Don't know anything about that place in Illinois that someone mentioned, but if they make the jerseys for the players, than I would check them out, as well.

I worked in Manhatten and had them do a few of my jerseys. They charge more than Exclusive Pro (maybe between $30-$45) and they don't use the correct font for the Devils. Nice guys though.

Exclusive Pro does the Devils jerseys and the best option to get it done right at a resonable price.

I worked in Manhatten and had them do a few of my jerseys. They charge more than Exclusive Pro (maybe between $30-$45) and they don't use the correct font for the Devils. Nice guys though.

Exclusive Pro does the Devils jerseys and the best option to get it done right at a resonable price.

That surprises me. My brother has had Penguin, Pirates, Steelers, and a bunch of International and All-star jerseys done there. Always done perfect. My other brother's gf had a mets jersey done for him there, again it was perfect. If that is the case, I would definitely go with the exclusive pro.

Check out MeiGray.

They are the go-to's in regards to game worn jerseys, but they also have a nice stock of no name/no number jerseys that you can get in lieu of ordering from IceJerseys (who do a great job btw) or the evil NHL.com. You may also save some money, as I've seen plenty of deals on the no name/no number sweaters on Meigray and then you can get it personalized via Exclusive Pro. The best part about MeiGray is they're authentic and you'll get a letter signed by Lou lol.

Check out MeiGray.

They are the go-to's in regards to game worn jerseys, but they also have a nice stock of no name/no number jerseys that you can get in lieu of ordering from IceJerseys (who do a great job btw) or the evil NHL.com. You may also save some money, as I've seen plenty of deals on the no name/no number sweaters on Meigray and then you can get it personalized via Exclusive Pro. The best part about MeiGray is they're authentic and you'll get a letter signed by Lou lol.

Love Meigray! That is where I get my game worn jerseys from. Great people there! They actually make the jerseys up for the Devils and send them to them. Where do they send the jerseys to? Exclusive Pro of course lol.

Doug, from my understanding, Cosby sent their jerseys to Custom Crafted (for some teams). CC was the Devils company they used for letting/numbering for years. (of course we know all about Custom Crafted). That's just what i was told where Cosby sent the Devils jerseys to for customization. Now, i haven't had a jersey customized in about 6 years, so who knows now.

Edited by SJP20