Njdevs Fantasy Football, Version 2009....

CRASHER

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do trades get approved because it looks like Marty has NO healthy receivers this weekend.

Trade Reject Time: 2 days

Gives the people in the league a chance to stop lop-sided trades

That trade thing happened to me in my work league...left me playing the only undefeated guy in our league with no QB...ESPN had the trade being approved 12 minutes before kickoff but the players all locked before that and so I had to sit there with no QB...

Fortunately for me a former trade paid off as Forte had 20 pts and Slaton had 19...went into Monday night with a 34 pt lead and all he had left was Rodgers....

anyway, lesson learned...2 days seems a bit much....

I got the e-mail notification for one trade yesterday afternoon and the other one was before that (like two hours after Edwards got traded in real life, he got traded here :P) so relax people, at worst you can edit your lineups Sunday morning since the note on both trades say it'll take effect Week 5.

In the hockey league I do it a little different, any trade that's even or close enough I just waive the two-day period and put it through right away. And any trade that looks suspect I'll leave it up for longer, maybe the full two days for people to object while I ask the person who's getting the short end what they're doing.

Edited by Hasan4978

I got the e-mail notification for one trade yesterday afternoon and the other one was before that (like two hours after Edwards got traded in real life, he got traded here :P) so relax people, at worst you can edit your lineups Sunday morning since the note on both trades say it'll take effect Week 5.

Well DR wanted Celek... and he seemed like the best risk/reward guy on his roster... so I took a shot... CMONNNN NACHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Well DR wanted Celek... and he seemed like the best risk/reward guy on his roster... so I took a shot... CMONNNN NACHOOOOOO!!!!!!

You'll be fine, it says itll be through Week 5; they process the trade the same time they do waivers... i think its round about 12am PST (3am here)...

Im against putting the trade through any earlier. Its always been 2 days, and you should be accounting for that in your trades.

It's not punishment... its procedure. It takes two days to review trades. It's up to both parties to agree to a trade before the deadline. You guys made the deadline for week 5... but you will need to set you roster tomorrow morning.

As much as you think the trade is fair, we give people two days to approve the trade. It is not up to you, or the Commish to decide if a trade is fair. Its a public poll, and every trade is given the two days for review.

Simple as that.

Edited by aylbert

Im against putting the trade through any earlier. Its always been 2 days, and you should be accounting for that in your trades.

It's not being pushed through any sooner then the procedure allows it to be pushed through... the rule is there for a REASON and a damned good one... it is not my fault (or problem) nor the rule's fault if you didn't bother to check how long the trade would take to clear

the rule is a good and fair rule and it's not being changed

Luckily I got home from work early (my dad actually set my lineup for me when he woke up, which worked too). But, I'm just assuming, that if I weren't playing you this week you would have understood the circumstances, but since this appears to be the only joy in life you have, I digress..

You really think I made this decision as a personal shot at you??

Holy sh!t.......

The rules and the setup of the league in there in pretty plain English and it's not like this is your first year at the dance

YOU fvcked up and didn't pay attention to the trade waiting period... it's YOUR fault... man up, deal with it and stop PMing and whining to the whole league about a NECESSARY rule that is there for the GOOD OF THE LEAGUE..... WAH :P

I didn't say that.

Funny... this comment seems to disagree:

but since this appears to be the only joy in life you have
I sent the trade-counter to Manta on wednesday. He didn't accept it until friday. You should be able to set a "must accept offer in X days to be processed" timer on it.

I PM'ed aylbert so I didn't have to clutter the thread. It had nothing to do with you. I'm glad ayl thought it was necessary to tattle-tale, though.

1. Absolutely NOT... then you can weasel and "negotiate" and try to slip a last second horrible trade through with no time to protest a bullsh!t trade.... that is the point of the trade waiting period... you know the rules... YOU work out your deal faster!!

And don't confusing "tattle tales" with sharing a laugh together B )

Apparently the legend of the great Raven run defense is over :P Too bad scratching Benson because of it (and Del Rio benching Sims-Walker at the last minute) probably killed any chance I had of stealing a win with Kyle Orton.

Edited by Hasan4978

Apparently the legend of the great Raven run defense is over :P Too bad scratching Benson because of it (and Del Rio benching Sims-Walker at the last minute) probably killed any chance I had of stealing a win with Kyle Orton.

Yeah benching Benson in one of my leagues seemed like a no brainer. Can't believe I had such a huge game from Roddy White (33 pts?!?!?!)

I glad the MONSTER trade for DeShawn and McGhaee paid off:

1 reception for 0 yards and 1 running attempt for -1 yards.

OUCH.

Made all the bitching and complaining worth it eh??? :lol:

next time I'll protest the trade so it stalls till Monday :evil:

Tonight's really gonna suck for me one way or the other. In this league I need Ronnie Brown to have a decent game (and/or Keller to step up) and in another league I have an 18-point lead with my opponent having Braylon and David Harris to play tonight.

I'm still pissed about the Sims-Walker thing, it might cost me in two leagues :rolleyes: Of course I'm a bit lucky to be leading in my other league considering I had a team of mostly wire fodder and backups including a last-minute desperation pickup in Austin once Roy Williams got hurt.

Well at least my decision to trade up for Ronnie Brown in the third round looked pretty good tonight :argh: Of course I lost in my other league by three points because of Edwards' big game (now for naught) despite getting almost 130 with a bye week lineup.

Manta, still think Tyler Thigpen's gonna start in Miami? :rolleyes:

Edited by Hasan4978

Manta, still think Tyler Thigpen's gonna start in Miami? :rolleyes:

Hey I did too... and yes I ran out and stole Henne in all three leagues :P

But still.. it's two games... it's still early

Hey I did too... and yes I ran out and stole Henne in all three leagues :P

But still.. it's two games... it's still early

Hah, I was amused how quickly you picked him up this week. Especially with Hasselbeck and Schaub still on your roster. Your next move is probably predictable (trading one of them).

Speaking of QB's Kyle Orton did also save my bacon this week. Funny that Brees played like Orton the last couple weeks and Orton played like Brees this week. At least I don't have to hide in a hole for picking him over Favre :P

Actually pretty much everything I did in the draft has worked out so far with the exception of Avery (and I rectified that quickly) and maybe Bowe - though even he's had three decent weeks for me. Oh and Keller's dissapeared after Week 1 - thanks for nothing tonight.

Edited by Hasan4978

Hah, I was amused how quickly you picked him up this week. Especially with Hasselbeck and Schaub still on your roster. Your next move is probably predictable (trading one of them).

Speaking of QB's Kyle Orton did also save my bacon this week. Funny that Brees played like Orton the last couple weeks and Orton played like Brees this week. At least I don't have to hide in a hole for picking him over Favre :P

Actually pretty much everything I did in the draft has worked out so far with the exception of Avery (and I rectified that quickly) and maybe Bowe - though even he's had three decent weeks for me. Oh and Keller's dissapeared after Week 1 - thanks for nothing tonight.

My QB's are glass... I may tote three for a while now

I think once I get Gore back my team looks a LOT better

I almost pulled this one outta my ass this week too :P