Njdevs Fantasy Football, Version 2009....

CRASHER

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez Turner better put a big number up tonight. Losing to CRASHER after he left Schaub and his 500 points on the bench would just be ridiculous. Though truth be told I probably would have played Hasselbeck too...but that's why I hate having two QB's of similar talent, you almost always regret benching the one you do.

I'm really getting to dislike fantasy football the last couple weeks though, I mean last week in one league Edwards' big day killed me and Ronnie Brown won the game for me here, and now this week Thomas Jones' career day might kill me (although I prefer to blame it on Belichick's douchery by rolling up Moss's numbers :P). At least neither of these leagues are pay though.

Edited by Hasan4978

Thank you, Randy Moss, for being the anti-suck.

And eff you, Matt Forte, for being one of the biggest 1st round busts of the year thusfar. I benched GREG OLSON'S 11 POINT DAY FOR YOUR PATHETIC 4 PT EFFORT!! YOU'RE LUCKY RAY RICE WHOOPED MANTA'S ASS~!

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

:lol: at Brees having two rushing TD's, rescuing his otherwise crappy fantasy game. 117 points so far and I couldn't even fit Ricky in my starting lineup though I had a hunch he'd go off too against his former team.

OF COURSE I'm gonna have to wind up starting the entire wildcat offense when they play the Jets next week cause of three byes and Cotchery's injury :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Sworn Defenders admit their mistake by skipping Brett Favre and taking Matt Cassel.

Sworn D send Tony Gonzalez and Matt Cassel to Martysb3tt3r for Brett Favre and Michael Crabtree.

Sworn D release Antonio Bryant and sign Fred Davis - the Chris Cooley injury replacement.

We are stilling for a full time replacement, so feel free to send TE offers.

I hardly see trading your #3 RB for a top ten talent at WR as a 'gamble' on your end, injuries or not.

Well... Bradshaw has been fighting the same injury every week... and one day it will catch up with him.

Meanwhile, Boldin is injured and needs to rest to heal it... but doesn't want to. He might miss this Sunday... and he's disgruntled (still).

I was a bit surprised how fast Wack Mc accepted the trade... I figured he'd see it today and it would be effective week 10... week 9 hurts me as Boldin might be out.... so I'm left trusting flu-McCoy sharing the load with the concussed Westbrook... and either Boldin/Breaston or Crabtree on flex.

Im going to miss Gonzo at TE, but really needed a solid backup if Romo gets into a rut again, or in matchups, like Favre vs Detroit.

My ideal starting line will be

QB: Tony Romo / Brett Favre - on matchups

WR1: Wes Welker

WR2: Anquan Boldin

RB1: Steven Jackson

RB2: Marion Barber

FLEX: Miles Austin

TE: Fred Davis ---> ok, so not ideal.

K: Matt Stover / Adam Vinatieri

DEF: Philadelphia Eagles

So I'm the highest scoring team in the league and am 5-4 with season on the line this week...second highest point total this week and of course I face the team with the highest point total, who was in last. Hopefully this bad regular season karma means I'll actually do well in the postseason for once :P

So I'm the highest scoring team in the league and am 5-4 with season on the line this week...second highest point total this week and of course I face the team with the highest point total, who was in last. Hopefully this bad regular season karma means I'll actually do well in the postseason for once :P

Gotta love it when the last place team, with the lowest point total... comes out of nowhere to tack on 150 pts. Rough loss for you.

You and Value are neck to neck in the point race... matchups are key in the playoffs...

I'm happy we do top 6... in my cash league we only do top 4... in a 14 team league. That gets rough.

I have to thank Kyle Orton for screwing me... I needed 15pts - he was projected 20... and he gave me 8.

ok, need some advice....my league for work I'm 7-2 and in a 3 way tie for first (although I'm ranked 3rd because I have 10 less pts than 2nd ranked, and 18 pts less than 1st ranked)

My problem most of the season has been my flex spot. My current roster looks like this:

QB: Schaub, Cutler

RB: Forte, Slaton, Jonathan Stewart, Donald Brown, and Beanie Wells

WR: Fitz, Andre Johnson, Austin, and Colston

TE: Celek, Carlson

D: Arizona, Green Bay

K: N/A (I change every week depending on matchup

Most every Sunday I start the hot QB, Forte @ RB, Slaton or hot RB @ the #2 spot and then Fitz, Johnson @ WR spots and rotate Austin and Colston @ the flex...

The main issue is my RB...Forte is solid as of late so i've got no problem...with Slaton's issues and as of recent Stewarts, I've got no solid #2 RB...I would rather have a solid 1-2 punch @ RB, two stud WR and then rotate the hot hand either RB or WR @ the flex spot...

So I'm thinking of a trade: I give up Andre Johnson and Beanie for Pierre Thomas and Eddie Royal...

The guy I'm trading has Chris Johnson @ RB and has decent RB depth but no sure thing @ WR

Or do you think I should even try to propose something for Chris Johnson? Maybe Fitz and Slaton for Johnson and some WR scrub I can drop and pick up Chris Chambers or something...

ok, need some advice....my league for work I'm 7-2 and in a 3 way tie for first (although I'm ranked 3rd because I have 10 less pts than 2nd ranked, and 18 pts less than 1st ranked)

My problem most of the season has been my flex spot. My current roster looks like this:

QB: Schaub, Cutler

RB: Forte, Slaton, Jonathan Stewart, Donald Brown, and Beanie Wells

WR: Fitz, Andre Johnson, Austin, and Colston

TE: Celek, Carlson

D: Arizona, Green Bay

K: N/A (I change every week depending on matchup

So I'm thinking of a trade: I give up Andre Johnson and Beanie for Pierre Thomas and Eddie Royal...

The guy I'm trading has Chris Johnson @ RB and has decent RB depth but no sure thing @ WR

Id hold onto Beanie... he's getting the hang of things, and Im sure he'll be very valuable for you in the playoffs (Week 15/16 = Det/Stl).

If your doing well as is, I'd just hold... Slaton's bench time will be short lived... I saw enough of Moats in Philly.

If he's really weak at WR, maybe send him Johnson and Austin for Chris Johnson... and see if he counters back, etc.

If your playoff bound, Id be holding onto as much Arizona stock as I can [within reason obviously]... So try to keep Fitz... Playing Fitz, Beanie and their D against DET/STL will be very lucrative point-wise

Edited by aylbert

Gotta love it when the last place team, with the lowest point total... comes out of nowhere to tack on 150 pts. Rough loss for you.

Not half as bad as getting THREE star RB's all hurt in the same week and losing again to the last-place team because of it. Which one of you put the voodoo curse on me, fess up :P

Edited by Hasan4978

I have the following potential keepers for trade... deadline is November 20th (this Friday)

Miles Austin - 15th round (emerging #1 receiver)

Michael Crabtree 9th round (#1 receiver)

LeSean McCoy 7th round (potential #1 back in Philly, as Westbrook injury may be a career ender 2 concussions, 3 weeks... @ 30)

If interested, send me a PM.