Njdevs Fantasy Football, Version 2009....

CRASHER

Eli's not a big fantasy QB, it's entirely possible Roy Williams gets more points. Not probable but you could win, unless Clown hurries up and gets Nicks out of his lineup so he can have two lineup spots.

It would be a real nail-biter if you were playing me with the same exact point total (I still have Ronnie Brown left). 71's the lowest point total that's winning so far though, and I think some players are still left on all those teams.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Providing there are no stat changes against my favor... I can't complain about my week... lol

Sworn D - 75.58

Manta - 78.24

or Sworn D by 3.4 yards rushing/receiving :)

Correct your scoring:

Sworn D - 78.58

Manta - 78.24

Had I just played my normal receivers instead of "matching" (30 points lost between Steve Smith and DeSean Jackson both being on the bench).

My fault.

Correct your scoring:

Sworn D - 78.58

Manta - 78.24

Had I just played my normal receivers instead of "matching" (30 points lost between Steve Smith and DeSean Jackson both being on the bench).

My fault.

You had me scratching my head with Clayton over Steve Smith.

Berrian over Jackson made some sense, with Jackson having Kolb tossing the ball... but as a Philly fan, I still put Jackson in :P

I'll call it good fantasy coaching... others, may call it dumb luck :D

Edited by aylbert

Correct your scoring:

Sworn D - 78.58

Manta - 78.24

My fault.

But yet when I said the same thing about benching Thomas Jones you called it irrelevant....

I guess it was... I still won :lol:

Speaking of matchups, why the heck did you play Fred Taylor over your boy Sproles (not to mention LJ and Cadiliac)? I can't even get on you for benching Schaub cause of what happened Week 1 and the fact at Tennessee's 'supposed' to be a bad matchup but man, you left a million points on the bench - didn't cost you a win cause RSC had a crazy week but might hurt you in tiebreakers.

I didn't even realize he did that :blink:

Edited by Hasan4978

Berrian over Jackson made some sense, with Jackson having Kolb tossing the ball... but as a Philly fan, I still put Jackson in :P

I'll call it good fantasy coaching... others, may call it dumb luck :D

I didn't trust Delhomme, I thought they would just run the ball and control the clock to try and get his confidence back.

I thought Clayton was going to have a HUGE day against a weak SD defense.

So far so good in this league...but last year I looked like a juggernaut early too at 5-1 and leading the league in points before petering out. Of course last year I had Favre and this year I have Brees so hopefully things will be a little better this time around.

In one of my other leagues my WR production was just hideous - between Jennings, Lance Moore and Roy Williams they COMBINED for less than 2 points on the week :rolleyes:

Edited by Hasan4978

I don't see why that should be any different than a normal FA pickup. If he traded for him then yeah it's the round Masked drafted him in but he didn't, all FA pickups should be worth the same whether they were dropped or not.

Plus you don't get an injury exemption unless the player goes on IR, which Gonzo isn't. But hey if mb wants to keep him for the five weeks or whatever he's out, that's his choice.

It is kinda funny it happened with that player and team all things considered though :whistling:

Edited by Hasan4978

Man, I can't believe that punk kid scooped him up right away like that.

I thought I might be able to drop him for a few weeks to get thru some byes and injuries, then pick him back up for my playoff push with a couple weeks left on his I-R-ness. :angry: Which isn't IR. :rant:

I am not digging the no IR spot for legit injured players. :(

Oh wah, I hope it comes back to haunt him. :P

Hey there are no penalties for douchebaggery :P

Besides if he wants to eat the dead roster spot so be it... the bye weeks are coming....not the time to have an auto-dead wood sitting there

(I'm just glad my money team won with no Westbrook and my opponent having Drew Brees!!)

Douchebaggery is a MUST HAVE element in fantasy football... don't be so touchy there oh NJDevs-enforcer

I never said it was a bad thing

if there was no douche-bagging here the draft would be ZERO fun!

Yeah, easy douchebag. I didn't say it was wrong, I was just surprised it was so sudden. Like I sed, I expected some douchebag to try to snag him for the second half of the season to make the playoff run, but I was hoping to be able to snag him back before that could happen.

Good p/u douche, I mean darth.

Faith in Jake is 0-3 just like the football team he supports. I'm the only winless team right now, but I don't think it is as bad as the record states. I scored enough points to beat 8 of the 11 teams. Pierre Thomas is back, which is huge. Brady clearly needs to get better, but I think he'll be fine once Welker is back.

I do have a few big problems. I don't think I have one consistent receiver that I can trust, although all are capable of big games. TO is not a guaranteed start anymore, but you never know when he'll go off. My receivers are going to hurt me all year. I had big days from Garcon and Walter on the bench.

So in one of my other leagues I just traded Thomas Jones straight up for Matt Forte...look like a good deal. The Bears have some weak D's they are facing and Thomas Jones' workload has been in steady decline....

Also I'm working on a deal that looks to go through.... Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson is who I'm getting for Fred Jackson and Johnny Knox....I figure this way I have Slaton, Forte, Cadillac, Donald Brown, and Mendenhall as my RB crew and then Schaub and Ryan as my Qb's with Fitzgerald, Colston, Johnson and Garcon as my WR corp....

any thoughts on this?? The second deal i was hesitant but I know Lynch is coming back and Jauron has said he wants to split 50/50 on the RB time...

So in one of my other leagues I just traded Thomas Jones straight up for Matt Forte...look like a good deal. The Bears have some weak D's they are facing and Thomas Jones' workload has been in steady decline....

Also I'm working on a deal that looks to go through.... Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson is who I'm getting for Fred Jackson and Johnny Knox....I figure this way I have Slaton, Forte, Cadillac, Donald Brown, and Mendenhall as my RB crew and then Schaub and Ryan as my Qb's with Fitzgerald, Colston, Johnson and Garcon as my WR corp....

any thoughts on this?? The second deal i was hesitant but I know Lynch is coming back and Jauron has said he wants to split 50/50 on the RB time...

You win on each deal. Who is in that league with you? A buncha Chicks?

You win on each deal. Who is in that league with you? A buncha Chicks?

haha, no coworkers....the first deal I let him know how well Jones had done and he knew how badly Forte had done...what he didn't see was the trend with Jones getting less carries each week and Forte facing two good run stopping D's...

the second deal hasn't gone through yet...he's trying to get me to give up Fitzgerald and Jackson for the two...which i won't do. i already have Ryan and Hasselbeck and can pick up Sean Hill as a stop gap with Ryan on the bye and Hasselbeck on the mend....but this guy I'm trading with has 4 Qb's and 3 total RB's....one being LT (he was a no show for the draft and got auto picked....