Njdevs Fantasy Football, Version 2009....

CRASHER

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, you're actually projected to score twelve more points than VALUE! this week...that does include the 29 PPG prediction for Chris Johnson, I don't remember ever seeing a non-QB that high :o

Finally decided to start Snelling and the Jets' first offensive series is a perfect reason why. On the Tampa 30 after a turnover and they go three straight runs :rolleyes:

lol, you're actually projected to score twelve more points than VALUE! this week...that does include the 29 PPG prediction for Chris Johnson, I don't remember ever seeing a non-QB that high :o

Finally decided to start Snelling and the Jets' first offensive series is a perfect reason why. On the Tampa 30 after a turnover and they go three straight runs :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't believe that they projected Johnson to get 29 points...I mean, I know its Saint Louis, but still.

I swear if I lose this game because of two Philly D touchdowns and that stupid last-second garbage TD from Romo I'm gonna go ape-hit...and I thought losing to Favre would suck :P

If I win, it will be unquestionably related to that... 18pts is huge.

I hate that you have Steve Smith playing. With the Eagles leading, Manning will have to throw... allowing for interceptions and returns... but thats countered with Smith catching balls for yards which is far more likely.

I'll take being down 13 and hoping Boldin can put up 70 yards and a touchdown.

Well in the end Tynes and Smith almost canceled out the Eagles' D (15.4 to 18), guess I'll take that and maintain a 16+ point lead. I've seen too many weird things on Monday night this year to relax, but you either need a 100 yards and a TD or 40 yards with two TD's from Boldin.

Looks like the other game's coming down to Monday night too, man.

In my $ league, 1st round I ran into C. Johnson - 40.6, A Johnson - 35.6, and R Rice 31.9

ugh! Nothing like getting 108 pts from 3 friggin guys!! The rest of his team got 35.

I need about 6 TD's from Boldin + plenty of yards. :( rats.

Well my win over aylbert's team is final now...the other one might come down to an after the fact scoring change but right now it looks like Wack MC's has a remarkable come-from-behind win by less than two points (as VALUE curses himself out for benching Jackson for Avery) :blink:

Assuming that score holds, the matchups next week are:

1. martysb3tt3r (10-3) vs. 4. New Jersey Swamps (7-6)

2. Smirking Revenge (8-5) vs. 6. Wack MC's (6-7)

EDIT: I didn't realize Yahoo! was doing straight brackets this year, in seasons past they've put the highest seed left against the lowest. Well then, hopefully I can score against mb3's vaunted defense lol (only two times has a team he played gone for 100+).

Edited by Hasan4978

Is anyone else going to mention how I lucked my way into the playoffs? Anyone? C'mon, I'm enjoying this to no extent.

C'mon man get over it....the four teams below you all have more points for than you do, the three teams below me have more than me. You didn't luck your way into the playoffs, anyone who makes it used some skill to do it but to say you didn't luck your way into the top spot (or me getting lucky to have the second spot for that matter) then you are delusional. Half of this is about match ups, doesn't matter how many points you score so long as you score more than the other guy...you egging it on will only make things worse if you happen to be a one and done team...

C'mon man get over it....the four teams below you all have more points for than you do, the three teams below me have more than me. You didn't luck your way into the playoffs, anyone who makes it used some skill to do it but to say you didn't luck your way into the top spot (or me getting lucky to have the second spot for that matter) then you are delusional. Half of this is about match ups, doesn't matter how many points you score so long as you score more than the other guy...you egging it on will only make things worse if you happen to be a one and done team...

Besides there's a big difference saying one's lucky to make the playoffs as opposed to maybe having a win or two more than their point total would indicate. He's not lucky to make the playoffs at fifth in points scored, that'd be silly to imply when six teams out of twelve make it and he's got a short memory yapping cause I was the one that pointed out his points scored ranked in the top half of the league far more often than not per week.

Of course, he's made the final four two years running, ironically I'm the only other one to do that though RSC almost counts as a proxy cause he took iggy's spot :lol: I just found it interesting that the last ten teams mb3 played all went for under 100 points while I've had six teams put up 100+ against me this year. My throwaway line was more about hoping I'd get some luck this week than dissing him - though I ironically I got a little slice of luck last week that I finished fourth instead of third, or I really would have been pissy after yesterday :P

I learned long ago that what you said about it half being luck and half skill is correct. I've lost in at least three different leagues as the #1 seed in my first playoff game (including once when my opponent picked up Billy Volek in FA and he had like a 40-point game against the hideous Raiders) and at this point it's just as likely that RSC wins it as any one of us. But I've seen many talented teams go on and win it in the end too.

Edited by Hasan4978

What Hasan said....and besides what MB3 pointed out is a good example of half skill/half luck. The fact that the "upside" panned out was luck, your strategy with taking him before anyone else was skill...same thing said with the fact that said receiver turned out to be a top 5 guy...don't know how you can't see the luck in that, unless you have some magic 8 ball then I'd say there was just a good of chance as any to have that receiver turn out to be a bust...after all, I can say it was pure luck that Miles Austin was not a one hit wonder and I picked him up in one of other leagues...I couldn't have predicted that, I hoped and I used some judgement and it panned out...

besides, LenDale White, Roy Williams, Ted Ginn, Sammy Morris, Dolphin's D...any of those guys turned into studs? Cuz let's be realistic we draft in the hopes they play better than they are capable with the strategy that they can't be worse than the average...

Grrr...I outcoached myself... :rant:

well played, RSC. Well played.

Thanks Value, good game. I was feeling that I outcoached myself for a while there too since I started Ryan Moats over Reggie Bush (Reggie would have given me an 11 point difference)...but of course before that, Bush had like 2.5 points in 3 weeks...

Thanks Value, good game. I was feeling that I outcoached myself for a while there too since I started Ryan Moats over Reggie Bush (Reggie would have given me an 11 point difference)...but of course before that, Bush had like 2.5 points in 3 weeks...

That was my same thought on Vincent Jackson. Horrid 4 week stretch where he averaged like 3 points per game. Figured Boller throws a lot and thought he was starting...then I turn on the game and it's Null on offense...I went "crap..."

Drafting McGahee late because of upside isn't luck. Trading him while he's the hot commodity for what turned out to be a top-5 reciever isn't luck either.

You can make the greatest trade in the world and the guy can blow out his ACL, or take a knee to the head and be IR-ed for the rest of the season the next game.... THAT part is the luck part!

Well looks like Udx is one team in the finals...probably seeding will hold and mb3 will be the other as I have yet another low-scoring game in a semifinal (now looking like I'm on my way to 0-7 lifetime in this playoff round with one result pending in another league). Also on my way to 0-4 in two seasons against mb3's teams. I know I have Smith, Davis and Tynes left but the most I can expect is maybe 30-35 points at best from them and AP's likely to go semi-nuts at least tonight, plus he's got the Giant D for what that's worth.

At least my mood's slowly improving by the fact I have a 39-point lead currently in that other semifinal so I may finally break my fantasy jinx and go to a final at last...but my opponent in that league has Favre, Harvin and Johnathan Stewart and I'm all done after the 4 PM games.

Edited by Hasan4978