Devils players buzzing about Marleau

Par9

I'm not an ESPN insider, but I'm guessing it's the stupid NY Post Article since there are a lot of similar key words as "buzzing", "Devils players" and "Marleau" plus the Elias reference.

In the era of "The Google" - just search the headline "Devils players buzzing about Marleau." There's no need to ever pay for ESPN Insider for articles.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/117998-devils-in-market-for-center

http://www.nhlinsiderrumors.com/2009/09/devils-buzzing-about-patrick-marleau.html

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) passes to (N)Єverson, (N)Єverson passes to ESPN.................Waste of time rumor. I thought Marleau had a chance to be a Devil but I don't think it's gonna happen now. Once the rumor gets out about Devil trades they never happen.

Edited by Toby Flenderson: HR Rep

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) passes to (N)Єverson, (N)Єverson passes to ESPN.................Waste of time rumor. I thought Marleau had a chance to be a Devil but I don't think it's gonna happen now. Once the rumor gets out about Devil trades they never happen.

Why (2.3% accurate) twice?

That's pretty obviously just ESPN linking to the Post article, which was generated due to Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate), so effectively it's just the 3rd hand account of Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) hoping it's true. ESPN really doesn't do much hockey reporting, they're just a place that gathers other people's reporting and posts links.

Quite frankly, I'm just starting to think that the day I wake up to find out Lou has actually done something to acquire a major piece like Marleau will never come.

That's pretty obviously just ESPN linking to the Post article, which was generated due to Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate), so effectively it's just the 3rd hand account of Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) hoping it's true. ESPN really doesn't do much hockey reporting, they're just a place that gathers other people's reporting and posts links.

How the hell would Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) know what the players were discussing at their golf tournament?

How the hell would Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) know what the players were discussing at their golf tournament?

(N)Єverson just throws things like that in there to make him seem like an "insider". He is always saying "players tell him" and "sources say", never actually naming anyone to refute these statements, type of things on events that don't end up happening so either he gets lied to constantly or he just says those things to make his story more compelling, regardless if they happened or not. I believe the latter.

But, even giving (N)Єverson the benefit of the doubt, the players could have been talking about it because it's being discussed on message boards and on Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s site so it may have been brought up to the players and they were discussing it. So even if this is the time (N)Єverson is being truthful it still lends no actual weight to the rumor since the players don't factor in trade making and don't have an inside track to Lou's possible moves.

Edited by Devils731

ESPN Insider is such a waste of time and money. Just like this rumor is, again I see a deal happening maybe closer to the trade deadline than right now. I think the focus for this season is be consistent and finish well down the stretch. So Lou is probably in no rush to make a move, maybe later during camp, if the team struggles early on, or closer to the trade deadline, but not now. If Lemaire doesn't see Elias doing well at center during camp and Cormier does not make the team, then Lou will likely make a move, but I don't think it will be Marleau or Comrie, maybe Dominic Moore or Malhotra who are great two way players and could score, they are Lou's type of players. I know it sound unpopular among some of you, but that is the direction I think he will go in if he were to sign someone. If there is a trade, I don't want to predict which way they are going only to say its not Marleau.

Edited by USC09