Mckenzie

Have Another Donut

Exactly HOI.

Unfortunately, fans give up on him too fast.

He has done nothing wrong this whole playoffs or to jeoperdize (sp?) the team.

He probably means a lot more to this team off ice than on ice but I can't prove that.

What I can prove is he is one of the hardest working players on this team that never gives up.

He will score a goal in this series. BOOK IT, and it will be a big one.

If he does, and keeping in mind that you've gotta go high on Giguere, I'll assume it's a re-direction off of Gionta's head.

I love his desire too, but this guy gets smeared on the glass and cannot create any space on the PP. At this point, I really don't have a problem with him out there even strength, but he's a zero on the Power Play.

PP should be:

Elias-Gomez-Marshall

Langer-Brylin-Freisen

Madden-Pando-Bicek/double-shifted Elias

"Fans" give up on him too fast? I don't think mine is a fan judgement, rather it's based on what the team needs. I see the guy working hard, but I don't see the results of it.

He is checked by a stick anywhere on his body, basically. While he draws penalties, and has made some room for his linemates, I'm afraid he doesn't have the instincts to be an NHL scorer.

How many breakaways has Gionta had this post-season? I can't think of one. That's amazing for a guy with his speed, that he doesn't have a breakaway. He's had some 2 on 1s, but he doesn't have the offensive instincts of a scorer, I'm afraid.

If the obstruction rules are enforced better, we might see more out of Gionta. He needs to score 20-25 goals a season to be a New Jersey Devil. So far he hasn't shown that kind of talent to me.

I do think he'll score a goal by the end of the playoffs. But with the shots on goal he has, he should have 5 at least.

How can anyone question Little G in the line-up??? He is second on the team with shots on goal!

The speedy little mites (Brylin) have kept play in the Anaheim zone and causing havoc with the Anaheim D. Little G is due for a goal he has worked really hard and playing smart defensively. Burns will not punish him for playing hard. He deserves to be in the line-up.

I can't understand how this is even an issue.

Me either Manta :o

The little guy just needs to get more strength in those legs. He has enough heart to take care of the rest. Little guys have quicker jump by nature but I think using him to dump for a line change is a waste of potential talent. He's got to show more urgency in finding the slot. You cant do that if you're being pushed around. I like him. I'm not giving up on him. He just needs to hit the gym.