Stanley Cup Finals Game 4: Devils Vs Ducks

devilsrule33

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brodeur's long and illustrious career will culminate in the Hall of Fame.

True, but he will always be remembered for the one that he gave away.

Mind you, I hope it is nothing more than a footnote.

if the devils win, he will not be remembered for it at all.

i will say that unless the devils get a couple of 3-0 wins on jiggy, i think he's back as the front runner for the conn smythe, regardless of whether the devils win or not.

the media is simply in love with that guy.

i will say that unless the devils get a couple of 3-0 wins on jiggy, i think he's back as the front runner for the conn smythe, regardless of whether the devils win or not.

I agree completely. And, as much as I hate to say it, I think he would deserve it eve if the Devs won the Cup (unless someone in red and black goes nuts for the last few games).

Anaheim is a one man team.

Without J-S, Anaheim is nothing.

Without J-S, Anaheim never beats Detroit or Dallas.

Without J-S, NJ would now be hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup.

So yes.

The Smythe is Jiggy's to lose.

Ok I was right there to blame Marty after game 4 OT loss. I wasn't blaming him for the game 4 loss but rather the game 3 loss that put the ducks into the 2-2 position. I was upset about Marty's laughing at his mistake and not taking ownership for a bad night in goal. It was a bad night for him. He was shaky in game 4 but it didn't cost the Devils.

Every Devils fans wants to win the Cup, the Devils want to win the Cup. That opportunity wouldn't be possible if it weren't for Marty's outstanding play all year and during the playoffs.

So to be down on him for 1 game isn't right but it is natural because of how bad he was in that one game. I know that laughing at mistakes makes one forget it but that again was salt into the wound. His stating that he didn't play bad, 1st goal was a softie 3rd goal should have been stopped. More salt into the wound.

It's behind us. Marty needs the 2 1/2 days rest to get solid between the post. I have to remember he (Marty) got the Devils this far and if this is as far as they go then the blame if there needs to be blame put it on the PP, offense, faceoffs, and left handed centermen and not Marty.

Marty's record for OT losses isn't good but he takes the record for the play of the entire team. D man makes mistake, Marty's OT record. I have posted before that before these past 2 OT losses, the last 8 were better than 500%.

Thanks Marty for giving us the chance to blame you in the SCFs.

Hey I was wrong last night -- mindset schmindset! These guys ARE that good and it IS a team. THAT is the way to beat them. You can't beat a mindset. A team...that's easy! That's why the Devils did it...they just took the guys at face value -- then off to Anaheim and they let the mystique come in to play. Theer is no mistique -- just go to the Ducks board and read. just listen to the announcers. They MAKE JS the story...but he's not. He's beatable -- but you have to beat their D first! And you have to shut down the offense. You CAN'T let the silly "winning aura" folow them around. Let the Ducks live up to the talent - they have that to prove now don't lie down and let them rest on a reputation as Cinderella or David vs. Goliath. The ugly step sister gets the prince because she makes the best of herself! She can't rely on no stinking fairy god mother!

If there are no lucky bounces - there is no mistical winning mindset.

You people blaming Marty have to be out of your minds. This was a 1-0 shutout. Jesus- he can't stop goals & score the goals for us too. He made an incredible save on the first shot. How is he suppsoed to control a rebound while sprawled making the save with his freaking leg like that.

sh!t happens. Get over it & move on.

Game 5 up next.

This is true M. but he can make it look like he's playing by the seat of his pants...that gives teh opposition confidence in their shots... the law of averages is that something will pop in no matter how flukey it may be

everyone was writing it shoot it high on JS -- well many Devils were -- over him.. and over the net - thinking to hard trying to place the puck. No Devil felt like they'd luck into a goal -- they felt that had to over control the puck. Therein lies your difference and why you can indeed blame your goaltender in a 1-0 shut out.

sh!t does not happen -- one of the many reasons i think Forest Gump is a crappy movie. sh!t is made! sh!t is left to be skated over and through. If you think it just HAPPENS your'e f*cked!

The Devils always seem to lose quickly in OT.

A sure sign they're over thinking...

I feel like I'm not being fair but it does get me a little miffed when I see big stupid White skating around after the OT loss. Part of me knows if it had been Stevens I'd be thinking he looked all old and impotent and just not angry enough -- but it's not Stevens, so it's White and he looks big and stupid with a big stinking "kick me" sign on his back.

:angry: I've had enough of Colin White. I used to think it was cool to see him doing shots of BlackHaus at the Harrison Avenue Tavern after games, but now, I'd rather him spend some time trying to emulate Stevens. What a waste White has become.

He got smoked by Thomas at the blueline, and didn't follow him as he rushed towards the net to find the loose puck. Then, Bingo! Game over, and White lazily drifts towards to goal with his head down. Get him off the ice!

:blink: *snicker snicker* He's not that bad...