Stanley Cup Finals Game 4: Devils Vs Ducks

devilsrule33

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am dissapointed that is for sure. The Devils dropped two in a row. Now the series goes back to NJ and the Devils have to prove they still give a damn about winning this series.

And I am with everyone the Devils get a lot of their chances off the faceoffs but when you don't win them you don't get crap.

I thought I was watching a damn replay the Ducks scored so fast in OT. I hope Stevens and Madden tell this team, listen you get here once a lifetime and you need to do this now. The more confident the Ducks get the harder it will be.

You people blaming Marty have to be out of your minds. This was a 1-0 shutout. Jesus- he can't stop goals & score the goals for us too. He made an incredible save on the first shot.

sh!t happens. Get over it & move on.

Game 5 up next.

AMEN!!!!

GO DEVILS!!!!

Even if NJ lost game 5, they could still win games 6 and 7.

The OT losses were closely played and could have gone either way.

The Ducks got the lucky bounces in game 3 and 4.

Perhaps those bounces will now go NJ's way.

The Ducks are good -- but no, they aren't that good. it is a mindset. And it IS that pisshead slack jawed JS's pads. He didn't even know where the freaking ouck was when Gionta put it between his legs. It's bullsh!t about if you're good it has to look easy...if it doesn't you're doing something wrong -- that's crap.

Anyhow. The devils have to outwork the Ducks not work AS hard as. Marty's talent isn't a match for sh!t faceoffs and JS's pads. It was an ehausting game and it was fun adn I haven't lost any hope. I'm not feeling RD about it ;) but this is the Devils adversity not the Ducks ... I'm not faulting them but they have to pick it up MORE than a notch.

I am NOT blaming Marty. I'm blaming this team for not winning a goddamn faceoff if their lives depended on it.

It was one thing when the only thing we had to complain about was the awful powerplay, but now WE CANNOT WIN A FACEOFF. I'm tired of it!

And I don't care that the faceoff didn't matter in the game winning goal, it's something that damn well could have HELPED us earlier in the game.

GET NIEUWENDYK BACK IN THE GAME, NOW.

Lucky bounces are created -- they don't just happen.

when the chips are down in OT, who makes the big saves? Mike Richter, Damien Rhodes, Arturs Irbe, Kevin Weekes, Dominik Hasek, Jose Theodore, JS Giguere, Patrick Lalime, Tom Barrasso, Ron Hextall, and Jon Casey do.....Marty doesn't

I don't know what happens to his nerves in OT, but it's definitely not a coincidence. We need to get Marty to a shrink

The Devils always seem to lose quickly in OT. It seems that initial flury of activity always gets the defense out of position. A rebound or an uncovered man that doesn't get taken care off = easy quick OT goal. I can recall three of them this year alone.

2 posts and marty's blooper i think the bounces were going our way

"We lose game 5 we lose the cup theres no way in he// were beating the ducks in Anahiem... MUST WIN GAME 5"

That's the way I'm looking at it. I hate this Ducks team! ARGHHHH But next time lets not have to worry about losing in OT. Devils need to win it flat out before OT.

I am NOT blaming Marty. I'm blaming this team for not winning a goddamn faceoff if their lives depended on it.

It was one thing when the only thing we had to complain about was the awful powerplay, but now WE CANNOT WIN A FACEOFF. I'm tired of it!

And I don't care that the faceoff didn't matter in the game winning goal, it's something that damn well could have HELPED us earlier in the game.

GET NIEUWENDYK BACK IN THE GAME, NOW.

Speaking of the faceoff woes, what is Bobby Carpenter here for anyway if he can't teach these @#$% guys how to win a faceoff???

But why the hell can't this team win in OT! And the worst is f'ing Jiggy got a damn shutout.

The Devils in SIX! That is what most were saying, please let it be true.

LETS GO DEVILS! TWO MORE WINS!

May we all please refer to slackjaw as JS. None wants to here the charming little nickname any more so lets start on this board here and now. It doesn't make me feel better to spew it forth in venom. JS it is -- it's calm, it's factual, it does nothing to rouse unpleasant emotions which more often than not do more harm than good. JS. No one will get JS with it.

You've got to be good to be lucky.

But you've got to be lucky to be good.

It's time for luck to swing back into NJ's favor.

Get on me all you want for getting on Marty. But the numbers don't lie -- the biggest black mark on his career -- before that brain lock the other nite -- is his piss-poor record in playoff OT.

Oh, and by the way, if the Devs go on to lose this series, Brodeur's gaffe the other nite will pass Tony Esposito's whiff on Lemaire to become the singles most disastrous play a goalie has ever made in the SCF. Hey, Roy did come back to win the Cup in 2001.

if there was ever a time we needed Nieuwendyk to come in, and show this team the way, now is the time.

The guys skated listelessly into anaheim. fvcking christ, ELIAS and Gomez were the only two who gave a DAMN!

I dont care if Nieuw takes only two shifts the entire game, we need his direction on the bench.

2 posts and marty's blooper i think the bounces were going our way

No I think marty kept a cool head and caught what would have been dubbed a "lucky bounce"