2010 Defending Champion New York Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the Yankees losing this series wouldn't make many happy here, but it would help support my match-up theory. I think in all sports there are unfavorable match-ups, even if you're a great team like the Yankees. The Yankees just don't match up well against this team. The Rangers starting pitching rotation has made a very good Yankee pitching rotation look like a joke so far. If it weren't for the relief pitching collapse in games 1, this series would already be over.

At first I thought the Berkman HR was foul and that they got it right....but in that last replay (zoomed in and in slow-motion) it seems the ball ever so slightly grazes the foul pole...you can see it change directions....hopefully that doesn't come back to haunt the Yankees.

Still upset A-rod couldn't make that play to hold the Rangers to just one run that inning. Very frustrating game to watch, sometimes I hate baseball.

At first I thought the Berkman HR was foul and that they got it right....but in that last replay (zoomed in and in slow-motion) it seems the ball ever so slightly grazes the foul pole...you can see it change directions....hopefully that doesn't come back to haunt the Yankees.

Still upset A-rod couldn't make that play to hold the Rangers to just one run that inning. Very frustrating game to watch, sometimes I hate baseball.

That was an almost typical Bad AJ inning. In August he gives up a HR to Young.

Uh no....I don't think it matters who the hell catches AJ, he's most likely going to suck or be rocky at best, might as well use a major leaguer like Posada. Cervelli can't hit for sh!t and this year he can't even play well defensively. He has no business playing....I hope the ditch that a$$hole this offseason and get a back up catcher who can actually play defense if he isn't going to hit.

To anyone reading this thread sorry if I'm being an jerk, these games kill me on the inside.

I admit it is fun to read :P; "fvck Girardi! That fan is a fvcking a$$hole, throw him out of here! fvck Cervelli! Go snort coke, Washington and Hamilton! fvck you Andrus, you can't a ball out of the infield!" But I'm pretty much the same way during games, especially on Twitter, as you know. :P

Wow, I think Tex is done for the year. Horrible.

Why is Girardi using Thames to pinch run? Why not use Kearns who can run faster and play better defense?

I admit it is fun to read :P; "fvck Girardi! That fan is a fvcking a$$hole, throw him out of here! fvck Cervelli! Go snort coke, Washington and Hamilton! fvck you Andrus, you can't a ball out of the infield!" But I'm pretty much the same way during games, especially on Twitter, as you know. :P

I know what you mean dude! I always tell myself I'm going to stop but it never happens.

Ugh, hate to say it but I think that home run just ended the Yankee's season. Not even trying to be pessimistic, hell I was the one today telling everyone that the Yankees are still very well alive, but to lose this game, and lose Tex....you may win Sabathia and Hughes starts but you are not beating Cliff Lee in a Game 7.

I don't understand why AJ was pitching to Molina or why you walk Murphy to allow him to face Molina.

Because Murphy is a bigger threat than Molina?

David Murphy vs RHP this year: .837 OPS

Bengie Molina vs RHP this year: .545 OPS

I can't see how anyone can plaster Girardi for that. I'd take my chances vs Molina any day. Hes terrible.

Edited by nmigliore

Ugh, hate to say it but I think that home run just ended the Yankee's season. Not even trying to be pessimistic, hell I was the one today telling everyone that the Yankees are still very well alive, but to lose this game, and lose Tex....you may win Sabathia and Hughes starts but you are not beating Cliff Lee in a Game 7.

If that didn't end it Joba and Logan got it done in the 7th. I don't understand why we haven't drilled Hamilton.

ETA: Why is Kearns on this team again? As bad as Berkman is hitting right handed, Kearns has to be a better option.

Edited by PeteyNice

yankees are getting their ass kicked in this ALCS.

they need CC, Pettite to pitch hell of a games. IF they make it to game 7m do they turn to CC again on SHORT rest?

No, the rotation is set up CC, Phil, Andy for games 5, 6, and 7 respectively.

I've pretty much given up hope but I suppose anything is possible and crazier things have happened in sports. Go Yankees! Hoping like all hell the bats get hot and they get some strong pitching performances. One at-bat a time now.

Swisher's dodge when he was up in the 8th, infuriated me.. more than any other of the missed opportunity(s) the Yanks had last night. It's baseball 101.. LET IT HIT YOU! No excuse for anything less! He was behind on the count anyway, and the bases were loaded. He didn't even need to lean into it.. all he had to do was stand there. Do you think Jeter would've done the same?! :argh:

Had he have allowed Oliver to hit him; it would've been a 7-4 game.. with the bases loaded.. and 1 out. Instead, he leaps out of the way ice-capades style.. finished the at-bat by flying out to center.. the Yankees end the inning without scoring any runs, leaving 3 stranded... and ultimately, lose the game 10-3.

Did Swisher kill quality momentum for the Yanks to, not only win the game.. but possibly the series? You tell me. :noclue: Swisher did not speak to reporters before leaving Yankee Stadium after the game had ended. Perhaps the realization of killing a rally, that may have had the Yanks 2-2 instead of 3-1 in this series.. set-in the moment he entered the dugout.

Too little, too late sweetheart.

..lesson learned Swish. Next time, take one for the team -vs- trying to be a hero. :angry: