2010 NFL thread

MadDog2020

Ok its 2010 NFL Draft time! Here is a quick LOTCB Mock V1.0 and the only version to show how bad of a mocker I am :lol: Here is the Complete 1st round, and you don't need to be an Insider to see it LOL

1. St. Louis Rams: QB Sam Bradford: Unbelievable how a pro day can make someone look sooo good. Bradford is a risky move, but St Louis is almost reluctant to make this pick but they almost have to.

2. Detroit Lions: DT Ndamukong Suh: Probably the surest bet in the draft, Suh will change the face of the Lions defense for years to come.

3. Tampa Bay Bucs: DT Gerald McCoy:Another sure bet (unlike his teammate drafted #1 overall) McCoy will have to live up to the Warren Sapp name. Not an easy task.

4. Washington Redskins: S Eric Berry: Already the first curveball: Berry is a cant-miss saftey who has all the skills to lead a defense for 10+ years, he is too good to pass up.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: OT Russell Okung: Once the Chiefs get over not getting Berry, they take a strong consolation prize and grab an OT to help a horrid OL.

6. Seattle Seahawks: OT Trent Williams: CJ Spiller is all the buzz here, but Pete Carroll knows that his new QB Charlie Whitehurst needs a LT to protect him, so given the Hawks have another 1st rounder, they go OT.

7.Cleveland Browns:CB Joe Haden:I could really see the Browns trading up or down here, so assuming this goes to form, the Browns grab the #1 CB in the draft.

8.Oakland Raiders: OT Anthony Davis: 2 signs of the Apocalypse here: Al Davis makes a good pick for a devastating run blocker, and a Rutgers player going Top 10..take cover!

9.Buffalo Bills: RB CJ Spiller: Play-makers win games, and the Bills sorely lack them, and I know new GM Buddy Nix knows this. Another wild-card team with a wild-card owner. Might see a trade down here (I hope). Marshawn Lynch is traded by Saturday.

10.Jacksonville: DE Derrick Morgan: Typical vanilla Jags pick, they will not reach for Tebow here.

11.Denver Broncos: WR Dez Bryant: Let's see, trade top QB and WR, would they possibly make another mistake and let another top WR go by the board? Not this time.

12.Miami Dolphins: DT Dan Williams: Some think the Dolphins might take a WR, but this is a pick that helps the Fish more. Parcells knows this, and makes the right choice here.

13. San Francisco 49ers: OLB Sergio Kindle: The Niners are on their wya to building a tough defensive team, and Kindle can step right in for Singletary and start from Day 1.

14. Seattle S Taylor Mays: Carroll cannot resist taking one of his own from Southern California.

15. NY Giants ILB Rolando McClain: Another pick that I feel is a sure lock here. If McClain is gone here, don't be shocked if the G-Men take Jason Pierre-Paul and then deal Osi.

16. Tennessee Titans DE Jason Pierre-Paul: A perfect fit for the Titans, a possible successor to Kearse.

17. San Francisco 49ers OT Bryan Bulaga: Clausen is a possibility here if a team trades up or if the Niners are not convinced in Alex Smith.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers WR Demaryius Thomas: Another pick that can change and get very interesting dependong on Big Ben. Steelers get a replacement for Santonio Holmes here.

19. Atlanta Falcons C Maurkice Pouncey: Falcons get a top C to center for Matt Ryan for years to come.

20. Houston Texans RB Ryan Matthews: Earl Thomas is possible here, or the Texans might move up from her eto grab Spiller. As a consolation, they take the 2nd best RB on the board.

21. Cincinnati Bengals TE Jermaine Gresham: I would have to say this pick is on 95% of mock drafts. Well, why go against that now?

22. New England Patriots CB Earl Thomas: What a steal here for New England. Plus with 3 2nd rounders, this is a huge draft year for the Pats, who have not delivered in recent drafts.

23. Green Bay: OLB Brandon Graham: Remember the 51 pts the Pack game up in the playoffs? I'm sure they do as well.

24. Philadelphia Eagles OLB Sean Weatherspoon: I really see the Eagles making a move up here, but if this all breaks this way (and we know it wont) they help re-tool their LB corps again.

25. Baltimore Ravens DT Jared Odrick: This is a team that gets the draft: Not many sexy picks, but always productive drafts. This pick shows that.

26. Arizona Cardinals QB Jimmy Clausen: Suprise! I'm sorry Matt Leinart, you are not the answer, and the Cards get their QB for the future here.

27. Dallas Cowboys OT Charles Brown: Highly doubt that Mr. Jones stands pat here and probably will grab a WR somewhere, but Brown fills a need.

28. San Diego Chargers: DT Terrence Cody: Forget the combine numbers, do you see how this beast plays during the season? If not Mount Cody, Chargers might move up for a RB.

29. NY Jets DE (N)Єverson Griffen: Rex Ryan builds more pieces to an already stout defense.

30. Minnesota Vikings CB Kareen Jackson: Vikings might get Clausen here if he falls here or if Brett Favre retires, maybe Childress will meet Clausen at the airport to bring him to camp too?

31. Indianapolis Colts OG Mike Iupati: This OL could use an injection of young blood to protect Manning.

32. New Orleans Saints OLB Daryl Daryl Washington: Amazing that they are the SB Champs, and they continute to work ona defense that cannot live off of turnovers forever.

Special predictions:

Tim Tebow to the Buffalo Bills

Colt McCoy to the Oakland Raiders

Jason Campbell to the Carolina Panthers

Marshawn Lynch to the San Diego Chargers

Todd McShay will be made to look like a complete tool at least 6 times

Jaworski will mention the world 'balance' at least 10 times

Chris Mortensen will take a shot at the Bills at least three times.

Edited by LOTCB

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, the rape allegations in Las Vegas were too eerily similiar to the events in Georgia, which is why they are making Ben see a shrink.

GREAT!!! So now he's gonna be a "SEX ADDICT"... and have a problems!!!

Goddamit that kills one of my favorite rants, but in essence it still holds true... how come only married guys (and now NFL QB's) are "sex addicts"... it's a bullsh!t cop out.... he's just a GUY.... GUY CHASE CHICKS.... it's called NATURE PEOPLE!!!!!! Jesus!!!!!

Goddamit that kills one of my favorite rants, but in essence it still holds true... how come only married guys (and now NFL QB's) are "sex addicts"... it's a bullsh!t cop out.... he's just a GUY.... GUY CHASE CHICKS.... it's called NATURE PEOPLE!!!!!! Jesus!!!!!

But from what I understand not all guys use their bodyguard to pull a girl in the bathroom against her will and then expose himself to her....but hey if thats how your parties go then more power to ya Crash! :D

Clown....if Thomas is there at 22 there is no way Jerry stands pat..he will move up to get him.

I believe its was "against their will" part that your missing. Plus, he physically assaulted the girl in Georgia. Big difference.

I don't know how anyone who's actually followed the Roethlisberger case could honestly compare it to a typical guy chasing chicks.

Carroll wont take Mays at 14. The Redskins won't take Berry either as they need a tackle to protect Donovan as Heyer and Oldenburg arent going to cut it. Otherwise, I could see it panning the way you think.

1. Rams - Bradford

2. Lions - Suh

3. Bucs - Gerald McCoy

4. Redskins - Trent Williams

I think these four are set with the possibility of Suh and McCoy swapping spots. Then it becomes murky.

5. Chiefs - Okung or Berry

6. Seahawks - Want Berry as the Hawks only have two damn safeties on the roster, but tackle is a huge concern. If Okung is there, they take him, but if Okung is gone, Berry becomes a real possibility.

7. Browns - Berry or Clausen

8. Raiders - Bruce Campbell

9. Bills - Bulaga

10. Jags - I think they trade out of this spot. Hopefully to the Seahawks who grab Spiller here. Otherwise, they could feasibly grab Spiller.

11. Broncos - McLain or Dez Bryant

12. Dolphins - Pierre-Paul

13. Niners - This is a lynchpin pick IMO. They could go a variety of places with it, Spiller, Bryant, it all depends whos still on the board. I think they may trade out too.

14. Seahawks - I really want Spiller, but if not him then Derrick Morgan. With Kerney retired, they need an impact DE.

I hate mock drafts, not going any further. I have a gig tonight so wont be watching. Idiots putting it on Thursday night, what fools.

Tebow - Jacksonville or New England.

McCoy - One of the PA teams.

Ok its 2010 NFL Draft time! Here is a quick LOTCB Mock V1.0 and the only version to show how bad of a mocker I am :lol: Here is the Complete 1st round, and you don't need to be an Insider to see it LOL

1. St. Louis Rams: QB Sam Bradford: Unbelievable how a pro day can make someone look sooo good. Bradford is a risky move, but St Louis is almost reluctant to make this pick but they almost have to.

2. Detroit Lions: DT Ndamukong Suh: Probably the surest bet in the draft, Suh will change the face of the Lions defense for years to come.

3. Tampa Bay Bucs: DT Gerald McCoy:Another sure bet (unlike his teammate drafted #1 overall) McCoy will have to live up to the Warren Sapp name. Not an easy task.

4. Washington Redskins: S Eric Berry: Already the first curveball: Berry is a cant-miss saftey who has all the skills to lead a defense for 10+ years, he is too good to pass up.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: OT Russell Okung: Once the Chiefs get over not getting Berry, they take a strong consolation prize and grab an OT to help a horrid OL.

6. Seattle Seahawks: OT Trent Williams: CJ Spiller is all the buzz here, but Pete Carroll knows that his new QB Charlie Whitehurst needs a LT to protect him, so given the Hawks have another 1st rounder, they go OT.

7.Cleveland Browns:CB Joe Haden:I could really see the Browns trading up or down here, so assuming this goes to form, the Browns grab the #1 CB in the draft.

8.Oakland Raiders: OT Anthony Davis: 2 signs of the Apocalypse here: Al Davis makes a good pick for a devastating run blocker, and a Rutgers player going Top 10..take cover!

9.Buffalo Bills: RB CJ Spiller: Play-makers win games, and the Bills sorely lack them, and I know new GM Buddy Nix knows this. Another wild-card team with a wild-card owner. Might see a trade down here (I hope). Marshawn Lynch is traded by Saturday.

10.Jacksonville: DE Derrick Morgan: Typical vanilla Jags pick, they will not reach for Tebow here.

11.Denver Broncos: WR Dez Bryant: Let's see, trade top QB and WR, would they possibly make another mistake and let another top WR go by the board? Not this time.

12.Miami Dolphins: DT Dan Williams: Some think the Dolphins might take a WR, but this is a pick that helps the Fish more. Parcells knows this, and makes the right choice here.

13. San Francisco 49ers: OLB Sergio Kindle: The Niners are on their wya to building a tough defensive team, and Kindle can step right in for Singletary and start from Day 1.

14. Seattle S Taylor Mays: Carroll cannot resist taking one of his own from Southern California.

15. NY Giants ILB Rolando McClain: Another pick that I feel is a sure lock here. If McClain is gone here, don't be shocked if the G-Men take Jason Pierre-Paul and then deal Osi.

16. Tennessee Titans DE Jason Pierre-Paul: A perfect fit for the Titans, a possible successor to Kearse.

17. San Francisco 49ers OT Bryan Bulaga: Clausen is a possibility here if a team trades up or if the Niners are not convinced in Alex Smith.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers WR Demaryius Thomas: Another pick that can change and get very interesting dependong on Big Ben. Steelers get a replacement for Santonio Holmes here.

19. Atlanta Falcons C Maurkice Pouncey: Falcons get a top C to center for Matt Ryan for years to come.

20. Houston Texans RB Ryan Matthews: Earl Thomas is possible here, or the Texans might move up from her eto grab Spiller. As a consolation, they take the 2nd best RB on the board.

21. Cincinnati Bengals TE Jermaine Gresham: I would have to say this pick is on 95% of mock drafts. Well, why go against that now?

22. New England Patriots CB Earl Thomas: What a steal here for New England. Plus with 3 2nd rounders, this is a huge draft year for the Pats, who have not delivered in recent drafts.

23. Green Bay: OLB Brandon Graham: Remember the 51 pts the Pack game up in the playoffs? I'm sure they do as well.

24. Philadelphia Eagles OLB Sean Weatherspoon: I really see the Eagles making a move up here, but if this all breaks this way (and we know it wont) they help re-tool their LB corps again.

25. Baltimore Ravens DT Jared Odrick: This is a team that gets the draft: Not many sexy picks, but always productive drafts. This pick shows that.

26. Arizona Cardinals QB Jimmy Clausen: Suprise! I'm sorry Matt Leinart, you are not the answer, and the Cards get their QB for the future here.

27. Dallas Cowboys OT Charles Brown: Highly doubt that Mr. Jones stands pat here and probably will grab a WR somewhere, but Brown fills a need.

28. San Diego Chargers: DT Terrence Cody: Forget the combine numbers, do you see how this beast plays during the season? If not Mount Cody, Chargers might move up for a RB.

29. NY Jets DE (N)Єverson Griffen: Rex Ryan builds more pieces to an already stout defense.

30. Minnesota Vikings CB Kareen Jackson: Vikings might get Clausen here if he falls here or if Brett Favre retires, maybe Childress will meet Clausen at the airport to bring him to camp too?

31. Indianapolis Colts OG Mike Iupati: This OL could use an injection of young blood to protect Manning.

32. New Orleans Saints OLB Daryl Daryl Washington: Amazing that they are the SB Champs, and they continute to work ona defense that cannot live off of turnovers forever.

Special predictions:

Tim Tebow to the Buffalo Bills

Colt McCoy to the Oakland Raiders

Jason Campbell to the Carolina Panthers

Marshawn Lynch to the San Diego Chargers

Todd McShay will be made to look like a complete tool at least 6 times

Jaworski will mention the world 'balance' at least 10 times

Chris Mortensen will take a shot at the Bills at least three times.

Williams at 12 is certainly a possibility, and would fill a huge need for us- however, if the Fins don't trade down and Earl Thomas is there, I think (and hope) he's the pick.

Can we mute Gruden???? What an ass. There is a reason he is not coaching.

If you'd spend the 50 cents and upgrade to the NFL network it would be a non-issue :P

Giants take Pierre-Paul, so Osi is all but gone now. Maybe they'll be able to swing a deal to get a good MLB for him.

Good solid pick by the Giants....still puzzled by the Broncos and I am STUNNED that Clausen is not a 1st round pick

Good solid pick by the Giants....still puzzled by the Broncos and I am STUNNED that Clausen is not a 1st round pick

I'm loving Spiller for the Bills, by the way. I mean, I've loved Spiller for a couple of years, the dude is a beast. By the way, are you a Bills fan again, Clown? Or still just an NFL fan?

Broncos giving up a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for Tebow has to be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while....almost as bad as the Raiders 2nd round pick last year...

One of the guys on NFL Network said that Ozzie Newsome's eyes bugged out of his head in the war room when he heard that offer from Denver. They said he couldn't pull the trigger fast enough.

I have no clue what Denver was thinking. This is either going to make or break Denver for years to come, and it's going to be what McDaniel is defined by in his coaching stint.

I'm willing to bet Oakland either rolls the dice on McCoy or trades for Jason Campbell in the next day or two. But that said, they got an awful-good MLB, who I know the Giants were pissed to see go off the board.

I like Miami trading down to get back into the second round and fill linebacking depth. If he can draw some double-teams on the line, that would be a big help. Anyone know anything about Tim Dobbins?

good luck trying to pass the ball on the Jets this year!

they'll keep you from scoring points and won't be able to score any of their own with LT and a gimpy Washington at RB....the D is stout and almost scary but there is only so much you can do to improve an aspect of your team...especially when other parts need upgrading as well...

Giants take Pierre-Paul, so Osi is all but gone now. Maybe they'll be able to swing a deal to get a good MLB for him.

I wouldn't write Osi off just yet. JPP won't be ready this year and as we saw last season injuries have a way of making depth necessary.

I hate this pick. Unless the Giants new defensive game plan is to mesmerize the other team by doing backflips. In that case this was a great choice.

I'm loving Spiller for the Bills, by the way. I mean, I've loved Spiller for a couple of years, the dude is a beast. By the way, are you a Bills fan again, Clown? Or still just an NFL fan?

I never left, it was all pretty much my rage lol

Today will be interesting:

The Bills can really hit a home run today if they can move up to get Clausen...or stay at #9 and draft a 1st round grade type LT...finally a GM who gets it..

Although...according to Schefter the Bills were really after Tebow so Ill reserve that judgement for a few days :lol: