If Joe Leaves.....

westcoastdevfan

OK, I'm back from my 3 hour break from the board. :lol:

I was concerned that if Joe leaves to play elsewhere, like Toronto, will all our loyal Dallas converts like NJDev25 and DallasDevils15 leave with him?

I know we still have Jamie but you can't really root for Toronto and New Jersey at the same time. can you? :blink:

What will you guys do? :huh:

You all add alot to this board and I would hate to see you disappear.

I'll still be around. I like y'all and the Devils too much to leave. But I don't want to think about it til I have to. If Joe became the enemy, I guess I'd just have to stay away for those games.

:(

P.S. Welcome back, wcdf. ;)

Once you root for the Devils there is no turning back. :D

Look at me, while others argue and speculate in other threads, I'm concerend with the boards "unrestricted free-agents." :wacko:

wcdf I was half expecting you to come back with another screename like say RoastedDuck :lol::evil: Seems as if every 1000 posts has become the change the name phase for some of our posters ;)

And good question I was thinking of that myself; I do hope you all stay :) (or is it y'all down there? :D )

You know what's weird - even if Joe leaves, I don't think I'll go back to the Dallas boards.  This place is much more my "home" now.

NJDEV It is funny, I have been to other boards and they are pretty entertaining, BUT there is just a "COMFORT ZONE" here on the Devils boards...I think that everyone here is really awesome and those that urk people don't really urk as others do on other boards...NJ IS A SWEET PLACE! B)

wcdf I was half expecting you to come back with another screename like say RoastedDuck :lol::evil: Seems as if every 1000 posts has become the change the name phase for some of our posters ;)

And good question I was thinking of that myself; I do hope you all stay :)

lol, thought about it. :ph34r: The bickering on the board bothers me a bit. :angry: I'll just avoid threads that turn into spats. :) Otherwise I guess I'll lurk and post when I see something that catches my attention. :lol:

I'm stuck here. I do have Jamie no matter what :-D I will miss Joe so much, WAHHHH. But I will still be around here. It is so hard to follow so much Stars hockey plus devils so I couldn't stand covering another team, that is way too much stress. I will look at how Joe's team is doing and look at how hes doing and still support him but I can't take on another team lol. Then again Joe hasn't gone anywhere yet, I still hold out hope he is staying.

Now is the perfect time to have my Joe and Jamie montage done. Too bad it's not though.

Uhm...long time no see, westcoast?

The bickering happens every offseason, it's something that we've grown accustomed to at NJDevs.com...there's no way around it!

I wasn't going to get into it but....I know that it happens every year but that still doesn't make it right. Come on guys we all love each other and are one big happy family!!

Yeah does seem a little testy around here lately :P Maybe the heat? Maybe hockey withdrawal :lol:

Whatever, I'll still take this board and its idiosyncrascies any day over the board I used to be at; a board where the (few) posters fought every day mostly on a couple different topics only, not to mention a board that's collective atitude even towards winning was rather blase (for example there were like 100-150 posts total on the AOL board the day after the Cup win and at least half of them were debating about whether the Dev fans should have booed Giguere :rolleyes: ). For better or worse, we do care about the team and each other and I do appreciate that.

Even though I don't post here as much as some of my other Dallas posters, I too have grown to truly respect what ya'll have here in the Devils' organization....

That being said..I still would hate to see Joe leave (unless of course he returns to Dallas) *grin*..no matter where he goes, he's class through and through.

I will return here though to root on Jaime..it'll no longer be J&J..but J..*sigh*

Time will tell the tale no doubt.

:unsure:

I have yet to come across a board that is as good as ours. If you think the bickering is bad here, check out letsgoducks.com. If you think we have negative posters, check out flyersphans.com. If you think we're a little "touchy" censorship-wise, go to rangerscafe.com.

We have a great board here. Other team's boards make fun of us because we are such a tight-knit group. I say that's a good thing. Last year they were saying we were wrong for thinking Brodeur was so great - after the Cup and the Vezina, were we wrong? They make fun of us for using players nicknames, I mean, how much more petty could you get? One flyersphans.com poster came here and just put spam messages up, completely insulting and ridiculous, and got banned three times. He went back bragging and called US idiots.

Like it or not, this board demands a certain level of intelligence. I love it. Our fights are over serious, intelligent hockey debates, not stupid 4th grade level bickering with homophobic and racist results.

Our board is intelligent, classy, open-minded, and the like. I love it.

Enough with my ramblings, stay with us former-and-current-Dallas-fan-converts!

I think that's more of a reflection of Devils' fans than any particular message board. Most Devils boards I have seen have been similar as far as the fans/posters. I guess we're like a cult. :D

Who makes fun of using player nicknames? Hope it isn't Flyers fans with their Rico, Rex, Bundy, Preems, Big E, Hexy, etc...