Montreal this weekend

gionta182

ClarkyDano23 and I will be in Montreal this weekend for the Devils game. Anyone else going? If you see me in my BC Gionta jersey (which, for the record, I will ONLY be wearing during the pregame and intermissions... During the game I will be wearing my Devils jersey!), come say hi!

We're also meeting up with some locals about 7 miles from the Bell Centre for a street hockey game over the weekend. Anyone want to join? If we get a couple more Devils fans, we can do Habs fans vs. Devils fans!

I was in Montreal last week...I wish the Devils, or even the Canadiens for that matter, had been in town. I had a great time. If it were easy to get up there I'd be all over it! Enjoy!

(BTW it really freaked me out to see Gionta T-shirts, because he's American and was a Devil...took me a while to remember he's a Hab. I have a Devils Gionta jersey myself)

I'll be heading to the Montreal game with about 40 other people on the DFC trip. Been looking forward to this for about 6 months and I can't wait to check out a Devils game at the Meca of all things hockey!

I'll be sporting my Bulletproof jersey in case anybody will be there and wants to say hey.

Edited by Bulletproof

I was there for the game in January. Its an awesome city, and the game is an awesome atmosphere. Even if the only thing I heard half the time was the woman behind me screaming "oui, oui, oui" or "skate, skate, skate." Those were the only two phrases she said all night :lol:

Great city, though, I'm kind of hoping one of my friends goes to McGill so I can have an excuse to go there :P

Since this is sorta on topic, I'll post it here. Would anyone, who has access to the CBC feed of Saturday's game(or NHL Network, though local blackout rules apply), mind recording the CBC feed? I'm, should things go well, recording the MSG feed while away, and since this is my first time seeing the Devils on the road(aside from MSG and LI), I thought it might be fun to see the opposing feed too, when I get back. I'd reimburse for shipping and VHS/DVD(either one's fine) and case, of course. Shoot me a PM if you can, thanks. Go Devils!

Anyone know where the Devs are staying in Montreal?

In January they stayed at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal, which is like a block and a half from the Belle Centre (only reason I know this is because I stayed there, and one of the doormen saw my Devils sweatshirt and told me they were staying there. I never actually saw any of the team, unfortunately).

Edited by RSC

In January they stayed at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal, which is like a block and a half from the Belle Centre (only reason I know this is because I stayed there, and one of the doormen saw my Devils sweatshirt and told me they were staying there. I never actually saw any of the team, unfortunately).

That's the hotel we're staying at!!! That's awesome!

Nice. I was up there for the 2004 World Cup of Hockey and that's where Team USA stayed. Funny story... we were there while they were getting onto the bus and my buddy who is an Islanders fan sees Rick DiPietro, who was about to become an RFA. My buddy yells out 'sign a long term deal, Rick!! Long term deal!'

We like to remind my buddy of this wonderful long term deal a lot these days.

Nice. I was up there for the 2004 World Cup of Hockey and that's where Team USA stayed. Funny story... we were there while they were getting onto the bus and my buddy who is an Islanders fan sees Rick DiPietro, who was about to become an RFA. My buddy yells out 'sign a long term deal, Rick!! Long term deal!'

We like to remind my buddy of this wonderful long term deal a lot these days.

:giggle:

Montreal is awesome... I went up there in March of 2008 for a Devils-Habs game. The atmosphere is off the charts. Ironically enough, Brian Gionta scored our only goal that night in a 2-1 loss. Went out afterwards and got hammered at a sports bar down the street from my hotel with a group of Devils fans that were staying in the same hotel. Have a great time!!

Edited by MadDog2020

I wish I could go. You guys have a blast. I'm always amazed that no matter where we play there is always a decent amount of Devils fans that show up. It' so cool to see that. One of these days I'd like to make a trip to some place else other than Madison Square Dump and the Nassau Mausoleum. :(

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

I'll be heading to the Montreal game with about 40 other people on the DFC trip. Been looking forward to this for about 6 months and I can't wait to check out a Devils game at the Meca of all things hockey!

I'll be sporting my Bulletproof jersey in case anybody will be there and wants to say hey.

How are the DFC trips? I have always wanted to attend one, but could never find someone to go with.

As excited as I am to make this trip I can't help but wonder why I'm driving 9 hours north to where its 20 degrees instead of 9 hours south to golf for the weekend.

Don't worry people I know the answer smile.gif

I drove up there for the devs-habs game in january and it was like 4 degrees that night

huh.gif

Ate dinner at dinner at Cheval Steakhouse last night across from the Bell Center.

2 tables away were Rolston, Clarkson, Salvador, Greene and a few others eating dinner.

We went up to them and talked for a few minutes.

Clarkson has the best personality of them all.

He was saying he wanted to fight Avery so bad the other night....it was funny.