i was sittin here thinking wow.

we are way way better then this

think bout how many close games we have lost

we have a great great defense

we just cant score when needed most

we are always in the game

it not bout luck or no luck

we just need to start putting puck in net and we will win every game we play

marty is da bomb still and i think every team would love to have him, trust that

we need to just figure lines to score against teams damn its frustrating.

if we only had 2 goals this game

owell

on to the next

at least we are in first at moment again

we need to just hold on and get some momentum soon enough.

we had a fantastic first period and flashes of brilliance in the third but they completely were manhandled in the second and just got way to scattered at the end of the game. it was an unfortunate bounce and sh!t happens but it's a little more than annoying now.

the fact that niemi looked awesome tonight hurts even more too because both he and huet generally suck. ugh. i really wanted this game and i know the boys did too but...damn. it just sucks all around. feels like it WILL be a long summer.

An annual rite of spring...the return of CHOKER MARTY!

10a53412-32c2-4365-b3c2-44f82ba760a5.h2.jpg

Can you please pass what you are smoking? We get it, you don't like Brodeur, but you do realize he is the only reason this team has ANY points to speak of these last 2 games, right? I mean with all the other issues you single out the player who has been the best on the team in these last 2 games?

I can't even say I'm mad. I guess there is resentment at first but you kind of get used to it after a while I suppose. I never thought they would be able to nurse the 1 zip lead to the end anyway, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

The team just can't score on a consistent basis. Yeah, there is that word again. It seems like they have these late game breakdowns in their own zone but it really wouldn't matter if they could actually score more then one goal. Aside from the first ten minutes, their good chances were few and far between. I'm not sure what is up with Parise but he has been pretty absent these last few games imo. If he is not going, neither will the team.

Fvck it, it is what it is. Just gotta hope they find a way to score some goals from this point forward and hope for the best. I have a nasty feeling that they are going to wind up playing a rival in the first round. Not sure who it will wind up being but I hope things fall into place by then.

I dont get it isnt Buffalo ahead of us by one point? So how are we in the lead in the divison?

Or does it go by most wins and not points? Sorry I'm a bit of a new guy with this stuff.

You answered your own question by mentioning Buffalo.

Edited by Z-Man

we had a fantastic first period and flashes of brilliance in the third but they completely were manhandled in the second and just got way to scattered at the end of the game. it was an unfortunate bounce and sh!t happens but it's a little more than annoying now.

the fact that niemi looked awesome tonight hurts even more too because both he and huet generally suck. ugh. i really wanted this game and i know the boys did too but...damn. it just sucks all around. feels like it WILL be a long summer.

I never disagree with what you say, but if this was against Huet i'm breaking everything in sight. i mean Niemi has 7 shutouts this year, and the blackhawks are in 10 ten with least goals allowed.

I dont get it isnt Buffalo ahead of us by one point? So how are we in the lead in the divison?

Or does it go by most wins and not points? Sorry I'm a bit of a new guy with this stuff.

Buffalo is in the Northeast Division. They have control of 2nd place. Devils have 3rd seed and have the tiebreaker over the Penguins, another team that doesn't seem interested in locking up their Division.

I never disagree with what you say, but if this was against Huet i'm breaking everything in sight. i mean Niemi has 7 shutouts this year, and the blackhawks are in 10 ten with least goals allowed.

their goaltending is super funky and inconsistent. i've been able to watch nearly every game the past two seasons after moving to chicago and i've noticed that both huet and niemi are similar in the fact that they'll either basically pitch a shutout or get absolutely bombed. niemi is definitely the better of the two goalies and huet's contract just makes him look even more pathetic. the hawks are right in keeping niemi as their starter (at least...that's what they'll do this week -- they tend to go with one guy, panic once he has a bad game, and then switch to the other) but i think it'll be a couple years before niemi is anywhere near an awesome goalie. i think almost all of chicago really wished they were able to get a goalie at the deadline but it was impossible with their salary cap right now, plus it would take an idiot to actually be willing to work with huet and his contract.

Marty has nothing to do with the loss tonight.

You can already see where it is going. If this team flames out again early and Brodeur allows even one questionable goal, he'll take the whole blame despite all the other issues with the team. That is the name of the game here. He is even getting blamed now when he has been great for them. It's a joke.

their goaltending is super funky and inconsistent. i've been able to watch nearly every game the past two seasons after moving to chicago and i've noticed that both huet and niemi are similar in the fact that they'll either basically pitch a shutout or get absolutely bombed. niemi is definitely the better of the two goalies and huet's contract just makes him look even more pathetic. the hawks are right in keeping niemi as their starter (at least...that's what they'll do this week -- they tend to go with one guy, panic once he has a bad game, and then switch to the other) but i think it'll be a couple years before niemi is anywhere near an awesome goalie. i think almost all of chicago really wished they were able to get a goalie at the deadline but it was impossible with their salary cap right now, plus it would take an idiot to actually be willing to work with huet and his contract.

Yeah, could be worse having nikoli still around after this year, with his stats, injury and off ice problems. But man, i would kill to be Huet. Making 6 million dollars as a back-up goalie. god thats better then making 1.5 as a fieldgoal kicker lol

marty was unreal tonight and it's pretty sad that people are trying to point the finger at him. he was in vintage form tonight, that's for sure. the goal was sh!tty luck. my problem is the fact that the team started scrambling like they seem to often do late in games. it's like the guys look up at the clock, realize there's a minute or two left, and then the whole team collectively sh!ts their pants. it's...annoying, to say the least.

Yeah, could be worse having nikoli still around after this year, with his stats, injury and off ice problems. But man, i would kill to be Huet. Making 6 million dollars as a back-up goalie. god thats better then making 1.5 as a fieldgoal kicker lol

haha seriously. huet is making bank but at the expense of, well, the respect of every hawks fan in the WORLD. i can't see a single fan actually impressed with what this dude has done this year. okay...okay, maybe his parents -- but i draw the line there!

All I know is last year Zack had 5 great chances a game, the zzpops line dominated, we trade for Kovi, we now have two and a half very solid lines. And we are play like it 1995, it doesn't work anymore. Hello, note to LOU and JACQUES, you can't sit on a one goal lead anymore.It's time to get in the 2010's.

marty was unreal tonight and it's pretty sad that people are trying to point the finger at him. he was in vintage form tonight, that's for sure. the goal was sh!tty luck. my problem is the fact that the team started scrambling like they seem to often do late in games. it's like the guys look up at the clock, realize there's a minute or two left, and then the whole team collectively sh!ts their pants. it's...annoying, to say the least.

haha seriously. huet is making bank but at the expense of, well, the respect of every hawks fan in the WORLD. i can't see a single fan actually impressed with what this dude has done this year. okay...okay, maybe his parents -- but i draw the line there!

as we all continue to jump off the bridge, bright side in the playoffs there will be pressure on both teams, and no shootout.

All I know is last year Zack had 5 great chances a game, the zzpops line dominated, we trade for Kovi, we now have two and a half very solid lines. And we are play like it 1995, it doesn't work anymore. Hello, note to LOU and JACQUES, you can't sit on a one goal lead anymore.It's time to get in the 2010's.

I mean.... where you watching/at the same game i was? pretty sure devils had 30+ SOG, good chances and pressing a lot.

I'm just gonna say this, their third line consists of Ladd, who i hate but was all over the place tonight. Made rolston and mccamond look slow as hell :noclue:

This is getting to be an annoying habit.

Correction: last month, this was an annoying habit. Now, it's a fvcking PAIN IN THE ASS.

sums it up, i saw the traffic cone do pretty much what a traffic cone does tonight. I always though the point of Neutral Ice was to limit the amount of passes and rushes that a player like Kane could have.