Letsgoavalanche.com

sammyk

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy and Bourque are 2 of the best ever....I didn't see anything wrong with them, please give me some examples....

Not even gonna read to the end of the thread to post...FRIG BOURQUE and his self centered egotism and lack of respect for the BRUINS, who game him all the respect and more that one athlete can ask for...I want to play to win the Cup so tata Bruins...then the friggin BRUINS are dumb enough to welcome him back with the CUP>???? WTF are they smoking? The AVS retire his number???? WTF dew ya give players who actually stay 5 years before being TRADED instead of shoving their butss in your face??????? Guess will find out at the end of the Temuu/Paul kissing contest eh :o Friggin numbskulls...BOTH ORGS :angry:

Bruins fans can stay bitter for all I care, they should be mad at thier GM at the time, not Ray....when it came time for him to resign with Boston, he signed a contract past his free agency eligibility, and for ALOT less than he could have received for becoming a FA, JUST to stay in Boston because management told him they'd build a winning team around him with the money they saved from signing him....so when he realized they weren't keeping up their end of the bargain, he decided to realize his dream....

Brodeur will follow in Roy's footsteps as the next best thing, but Roy did play better after most mistakes....thats why he is one of the best of all-time....

But in both cases, I hated uselESPN's coverage of the Finals, and anything doing with the Avalanche that they broadcast....I watched the games on CenterIce til they were only exclusively on uselESPN, I wish they'd show the Canadien broadcasts of the Finals, they do such a better job....

BS about RayRay OK...he left to win a cup plain and simple...he never learned there is no I in TEAM...as for Brodeur...follow????? Are you kidding me??? Martin will supercede all that Roy did and make people forget Roy ever existed...Marty plays like steel after a boo boo...ESPN sucks but hey there are lots of things in this world that suck...the Devils aren't one of em tho :uni:

Sammy...weren't we the bad guys for calling out SBT on his AVs crap...we knew what he was from the get go...well I did but I am the oldster here ;)

Man I wish I could find the thread where he posted that his favorite team in the east was the Devs...will keep the search goin :blink:

One thing I noticed in the early posts the comments about the sig/avatar...he never actually said he put Devils stuff in his sig/avatar on the Avs site. Someone asked him whether he did, and he said an answer isn't neccesary something like that.

Just a clarification. He didn't exactly lie about that he just never told us the truth :P

I haven't been around lately and I am taking a break from the board. Too busy lately (mostly getting autographs from nobodies like Bobby Hull and Jose Reyes, lol) Just thought I'd give my thoughts on this.

If you are a Avs fan, be a friggin Avs fan. You can follow another team but I see that it's hard to be a fan of more than one team if you actually care about one of the teams you like. If you swear you like all of those teams, you're just looking for backups for when your number 1 team fails.

SBT had no right to even negatively think about this board, forget about posting about it.

As far as Dr. Death? Who knows who he/she is. A Wild fan loving an Av fan? There's something wrong with that. When I was still talking to DD, I told him/her to cut it with the SBT sh!t. That's not being fond of someone, that's stalking.

I know they will read this and I am glad they will. Considering when I first came to the board, I probably talked to him the most, this kind of pisses me off a little more.

And damn right I'm a friggin good kid, lol. I'm done with the El Chico sh!t too, I'll think of something else by the time I come back.

Approximate date of return: Give me a week to chill

(Have to go to the Machester United game, AC Milan game, and even a Mets game, lol, I'm busy)

I haven't been around lately and I am taking a break from the board. Too busy lately (mostly getting autographs from nobodies like Bobby Hull and Jose Reyes, lol) Just thought I'd give my thoughts on this.

If you are a Avs fan, be a friggin Avs fan. You can follow another team but I see that it's hard to be a fan of more than one team if you actually care about one of the teams you like. If you swear you like all of those teams, you're just looking for backups for when your number 1 team fails.

SBT had no right to even negatively think about this board, forget about posting about it.

As far as Dr. Death? Who knows who he/she is. A Wild fan loving an Av fan? There's something wrong with that. When I was still talking to DD, I told him/her to cut it with the SBT sh!t. That's not being fond of someone, that's stalking.

I know they will read this and I am glad they will. Considering when I first came to the board, I probably talked to him the most, this kind of pisses me off a little more.

And damn right I'm a friggin good kid, lol. I'm done with the El Chico sh!t too, I'll think of something else by the time I come back.

Approximate date of return: Give me a week to chill

(Have to go to the Machester United game, AC Milan game, and even a Mets game, lol, I'm busy)

Mr. Chico, You sir, rock! :clap:

Dew, backoff, don't speak on what you know nothing of....any disgruntled fan from another team thinks thats what happened, softens the blow from having to hear what a great team it was all the time....just because the Bruins are dedicated to losing doesn't mean Ray had to be, F*CK LOYALTY, especially when the Bruins broke their loyalty to Ray first....

Sammy...weren't we the bad guys for calling out SBT on his AVs crap...we knew what he was from the get go...well I did but I am the oldster here ;)

Man I wish I could find the thread where he posted that his favorite team in the east was the Devs...will keep the search goin :blink:

Yep, I believe it was. That was before the truth was uncovered though. :D

Try the beginning of July...I think that's when he left. That IS when he joined LGA though. I remember him saying that too btw. Something about it being "as simple as that".

Dew, backoff, don't speak on what you know nothing of....any disgruntled fan from another team thinks thats what happened, softens the blow from having to hear what a great team it was all the time....just because the Bruins are dedicated to losing doesn't mean Ray had to be, F*CK LOYALTY, especially when the Bruins broke their loyalty to Ray first....

OK that's it, I swore I wouldn't get started on the whole Bourque thing, but now I have had my fill:

#1, you are an Avs fan, correct? Then please do NOT speak for us Bruins fans. I have lived and breathed the Bruins since my youth, and have lived here all my life. Ray made the decision to stay here out of loyalty... to his family. He did not want to move them, plus Beantown is 5 1/2 hours away from his hometown in Quebec.

#2, Ray told Harry Sinden to F off and hung up on him because he DID NOT want to go to Colorado. He wanted to go to Philly. End of story. That is fact.

#3, The B's NEVER broke their Loyalty to Ray. Ray knew after the 1990 finals they weren't ever going to win. Please, they traded Oates to shut him up after he commented on how the organization would never win anything. And this is the only time I will ever defend that bulbous nosed arse: Harry did not want to trade Ray, but when Ray asked for the trade, he obliged and also obliged Ray's wish to go to a SC contender. There were better offers to be had than what was offered at the time (only Rolston actually performed to potential, Pahlsson was traded to the Ducks for Nazarov, who was then turned into a 4th rounder) So essentially, Harry granted Ray's wish for Rolston, who at the time wasn't exactly the best return he could have gotten.

#4 Don't pick on Dew, because she is more on target than you want to believe. If he truly wanted to win a cup all those years, he would have left when he turned 31. She is right on target with how he was endeared by the Bruins and us fans. He DID turn his back on us, but he now gets to live with an emptiness that is his victory.... As Adam Oates said best: He may have a SC ring, but every time he looks at it, it will have the wrong team's name on it.

(sorry Dew, gotta correct ya on this one: The B's NEVER welcomed Ray home with the Cup. The City of Boston did, but the organization actually sternly warned current players about going, and the only current Bruin who showed up was Don Sweeney, and look what happened to him)

#5 Your organization should be ashamed that they retired #77 before #19, #33 #21. To retire a players number after 1 year and 1 month of service is an outrage.

And also, as much as I still truly love Ray for all he has done for the community here and for his 21 years as a Bruin, the Devils WERE the better team that year, and deserved to win.

ESPN had a love affair with the Avs that year, from Bourque right on to the Drury/Travis Roy fiasco. Yes, that's right, I said fiasco, because for anyone who was truly paying attention to it all, the team captain that fateful evening that Travis broke his neck was none other than current Devil Jay Pandolfo, who held his team together and carried Travis' practice jersey on to the ice EVERY SINGLE DAY. That takes more character, compassion and leadership than Drury could ever muster.

Yeah but good old Pando isnt a marketable charecter like Drury. And hes a Devil so of course he wouldnt even have been interviewed for the piece.

Twisted Bourque's son is planning on attending BU correct? With the loss of Maiser to the CHL we need some scoring help as soon as can be gotten. Hell we need it last year.

Yeah but good old Pando isnt a marketable charecter like Drury.   And hes a Devil so of course he wouldnt even have been interviewed for the piece.

Twisted Bourque's son is planning on attending BU correct?   With the loss of Maiser to the CHL we need some scoring help as soon as can be gotten.  Hell we need it last year.

Poor Pando, he gets such a bad rap..... he's the Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL: No Respect..

Yes Sarge, Chris Bouque gave his verbal intent to them last year I believe.....

I'm just excited because it's my first authentic jersey, plus he's one of my favorite players on the team. (he became the 'underdog' favorite for me in 2000 when we played Detroit and he got that nasty cut on the face...grr don't get me started...anyways, I started to love him even more when I got to eat dinner with him at the DFC Dinner in 2000-01)