Dano And The Cup

peteyvegas

Just got back from the Point. After seeing a long line, we decided to see where it leads. Turns out that Dano was under a 10 x 10' tent, right out in plain view. We didn't try to cut the line or anything; we didn't have to!! We just moved over to the other side of the tent and waited for the TV cameras to move. And there he and the cup were.

The only advantage the people on line had was that they got to go under the tent and pose with Dano and the cup.

Hell, we were only about 10-15 feet away. To be honest, I didn't think I would get any closer than that under any circumstances. Once again, they picked a silly way to do this. It could've been done a little bit more fan friendly than it was. But I didn't see or hear anyone complaining.

Finally, after all these years, I finally saw the Cup! It was nice!! And we topped it off with a Frozen Marguerita at the Tiki Bar on the way back

Now that's Hockey!!! :uni:

Well, I stood in line for 5 hours and was told to go home. What a friggen waste. I'm really upset. We got there at 4 and the line was already a mile long. I wish I knew you could go right up there and take pictures because I would have done that. Oh well, I guess I have to wait to see the cup in person. :(

I was at Pt. tongiht....3 of the 4 kids in tow....

I much like Pete saw the line and laughed...then I walked up to the tent, put my son on my shoulders and he shot off 3 or 4 pix....

Pt was as crowded tonight as ever, grat to see the support Kenny got...but honestly I wish no one showed... iwas really hoping to get a pix of my son w/ the cup....

I was there, but got on the line at like 5, so I didn't get to meet Dano. I got to go up to the tent thing and take some pictures of the Stanley Cup and Dano, though. :hail: I should have left earlier, I knew this would happen. :argh: At least I got to within 10 feet of it. I got to touch the Stanley Cup at a FanFest when I went to the 1999 All-Star Game. :dance: I wanted to get Dano's autograph on a jersey I have signed by a lot of Devils, but we were too far back in the line. :saddevil: I might already have his autograph on it anyway, I don't know since I started getting it signed like 8 years ago when I didn't know what any of the players looked like. :noclue:

I just felt like trying out some of the new smilies. :lol:

Well Chico, we all know that when it comes to Devil apperances you are a lucky duck. Winning contests, meeting everyone and such. Maybe I didn't get there at 4 o'clock on the dot and you did. But, I did stand there all night and got squat. So stop bragging.........j/k :P

I got there about 6:15 myself (1/2 hr. trying to park). I was told at 3:30 there was a line with a couple of hundred people already. If it were'nt for a friend of mine who insisted on going, I was staying home.

By the way, RD, I was right next to you. In fact, I even remember smiling at one of your little ones (I think). It was a pretty tough spot to be with little ones. I give you credit. :hail:

My buddy was supposed to get some photos over to me, but I'm still waiting. He has a digital camera and was able to get over to where the cop was, to Dano's right and get some shots from about 2-3 feet away. At that point, I was standing behind the tent. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll put them on the site when he sends them over.

hundred bucks says Dano took the mug to Squan Tavern in Manasquan after he left Point Pleasant. I think hes friends with the owner.

Not a bad idea, they've got good pie. One of the negatives of living here in va,

you have to look for decent pizza.

vince

That's weird Devs25 because I got there at around 4:00 and stood in line for close to 4 hours but I did get my picture taken with Dano and the Cup.

(Oh look, I returned for one post)

thats because your chico, & , chico is god!

My bro went last night, and was invited to the little reception afterwards held

accross trhe street in a vacant perkins pancake house, with no AC. Dano had both

children with him. Jerry, a friend was (methinks) the organier of the event.

He puts on couple "old timer" charity events (hockey games). One of which is

old flyer alum vs. old other guys (bruce driver, nystrom others) He held them in Toms River & Brick & does them every year. I called my bro cellphone, & he was the 1st one in the party, and I thought he was going to hand the phone to dano (I was hoping) But he said kenny was very friendly/accomodating to everyone regardless of the stifling heat. He got good pix, but not sure how well they turned out cause of the poor lighting & getting jostled a bit.

vince