Official 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Thread

MDPucks

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Philly in 4
    • Philly in 5
    • Philly in 6
    • Philly in 7
    • Chicago in 4
    • Chicago in 5
    • Chicago in 6
    • Chicago in 7

IF the Blackhawks win tonight, how far do you think the Philly fans take their classlessness? Smoke bombs on the ice? Intentional vomitting on any 'Hawks fans in attendance? Stabbings, beatings, etc.?

I hope they riot and destroy the wachovia center and city! LOL!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to New York, Philadelphia is like the 700 club

My link

:lol:

My link 1

My link 2

This list could go on forever, so here's a top 9 (the list is real, the write-ups afterwards are ... well ... you'll see) that doesn't even include a smoke bomb getting thrown on the ice during a hockey game.

Do you still think violence at a post office -- which is about as unheard of as water in an ocean -- makes New York make Philadephia look like the 700 Club?

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

You are a fvcking moron. I understand the hate for the New York Rangers but I'm sick and tired of you bitching about New York City.

My hatred goes far beyond NYR. What I despise is the arrogant elitist entitlement that the persons of that city put forth.

New York City is a fantastic place to visit ( and I'm sure to live in) it is not, however, the be all, and end all, of everything.

Once you get that into your thick skull, then maybe you'll understand.

To Quote Braveheart: "There's nothing wrong with New York, except that it's full of New Yorkers"

Being proud of your city is one thing, shoving down the throat of everything else pisses people off. Oh, there are many more of us than you. In other words, you lost...

NYC is brilliant, we know...

NZT, leaving the entire NY thing out of it, I'm just wondering what would make you cheer for a division rival over a team that isn't a rival of the Devils? Not trying to start anything, just curious.

Fair question Fiesty.

In My opinion, the Flyers built their team with draft picks etc. yes they may have contributed to the lockout with a high payroll but they never tanked (or should we call it "Pittsburghed")to get those picks.

Furthermore, the Fans of the Flyers always packed the arena even when they sucked. Unlike Pittsburgh who could barely manage 7,000 a night hence the talk of relocation.

On the point of not a rival. I hate this entitlement of original six teams. Their day is over. especially the illegal law that the Canadiens "invented" to get the top players.

Original six, original sucks. Fvck that, parity is what's needed to expand the sport.

Think about it, college football is very small in the northeast of the US. Rutgers, Boston College, Phah, we get bigger crowds for friday night football in TX.

I hope this goes to the 7th game. I want NHL season to last as long as possible, because after that it's just a boring summer :noclue:

Not me, this has been a terrible season for us and I want it over with.

Between this and the status updates, I hope your'e all careful what you wish for.

can someone please explain to me why Philthy sings God Bless America instead of the fvcking NATIONAL ANTHEM?!

Its their good luck charm. In the late 60's/early 70's amidst the Vietnam War, the Flyer fans began to boo the Star Spangled Banner, an anthem about war. So they began to play a recording of Kate Smith's God Bless America. After a while, they realized that they had a really good record when playing her recording. So during the 1974 Stanley Cup Finals they secretly brought in Kate Smith to sing it in person. They won that game and they brought her back in 1975 and they won The Cup that game as well. She made two more live appearances and attended many games as well. So whenever its a big, must win game, they have their anthem singer (Lauren Hart, daughter of Gene Hart the late "Voice of the Flyers") sing God Bless America along with a film of Kate Smith. It's a pretty awesome tradition. But for normal games they do the Star Spangled Banner.

Flyers History- Kate Smith

Current record with Kate Smith singing 87-22-4, 10-1 this year

Edited by The Rock 07

End 2

Philadelphia holding on for dear life at the end. Flyers look totally gassed and lifeless at the end. Chicago is such a better team and the only thing keeping the Flyers in the game right now are the referees.