Official 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Thread

MDPucks

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Philly in 4
    • Philly in 5
    • Philly in 6
    • Philly in 7
    • Chicago in 4
    • Chicago in 5
    • Chicago in 6
    • Chicago in 7

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the goal judge is on the moon. honestly, I don't even know where our goal judges camp out. that's the moment all refs prepare for. OT, Cup on the line, and yeah... well.

it's a tough angle shot, only probably a few places in the building you could see it, right behind the net and to the side, and center ice on the side Kane shot from. they screwed up a Zubrus "goal" bad a few years ago. it was sitting on the apron, no one saw it, no review, no nothing. I saw it, in the club seat section closest to the goal. Very few people did. luckily, they won that game.

but the ref, dude, you're looking right at the point it enters the net. he choked like the Devils in a Game 7 with 2 shifts left.

I was rooting for Hossa and was awesome when he was the second person to hold the cup! toews and the team made the right choice to hand Hossa the cup after the captain!

1975!!! hahahahah Flyers Suck! once again NO cup!

3445330487_87d5b21b94.jpg

BLACKHAWKS IN OVERTIME!!!! PATRICK KANE SCORES IN OVERTIME!!! AFTER 49 YEARS THE STANLEY CUP TO CHICAGO THE 2010 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

HEY FLYERS! STILL NO CUP SINCE '75! DO DA DO DA! STILL NO CUP SINCE '75 ALL DO DA DAY! fvck YEAH! WOOOOO!!!! BLACKHAWKS WIN 4-3 IN OVERTIME AND SERIES 4-2! CONGRATULATIONS JOHN MADDEN YOUR 3RD SCC!

Still very excited for that team especially Madden and Hossa. saw that Kane goal and just went banannas! how did they miss that call? It kind of ruined the moment but still seeing them win on the Flyers ice infront of those sh!tty fans was very satisfying.

Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks and I have a feeling this will start a run of some more for them in the near future. This team has it all. Blackhawks are the best team in the NHL all season long and they proved it tonight.

I'm glad the flyers lost I just think it's a shame they lost to the hawks. Those bandwagon fans deserved to have that drought continue.

There were bandwagon fans for sure, but there were also a lot of fans who got sick of Bill Wirtz and came back. Those are the ones I'm happy for.

There were bandwagon fans for sure, but there were also a lot of fans who got sick of Bill Wirtz and came back. Those are the ones I'm happy for.

Exactly. And I'm glad for Rocky Wirtz, he had to undo all the damage his father did all those years, and he won a Cup for doing it right.

What a crappy finish. I stayed up to hear an exciting goal call and an exciting cup call. Nothing.

AND Hossa wins. Yuck. Just staying up for Conn Smythe now.

That was one of the absolute WORST OT goals I have EVER seen in my life.

Leighton has a 5-hole big enough for the freaking Titanic to sink in.

You do NOT allow that kind of goal in a situation like that if you consider yourself a starting tender.

Timonen had the perfect angle and had Kane making a 3% shot from a postion along the wing that Leighton should have had an easy stop from.

But the bloody idiot sees it go right through his pads for the 2nd time in the game......goal #2 and goal #4. Both soft goals.

Unbelievable.

Let's just say that Leighton wouldn't rise above backup status next season if I was in the Flys' skates, which I'm not.

I don't have much use for Philly fans at all, but it sucks to see a team lose like that.

It's a crusher for the players who gave their all and laid it out on the ice for a chance to hoist the cup.

Lousy ending and I hate lousy endings. :blink:

That was one of the absolute WORST OT goals I have EVER seen in my life.

Leighton has a 5-hole big enough for the freaking Titanic to sink in.

You do NOT allow that kind of goal in a situation like that if you consider yourself a starting tender.

Timonen had the perfect angle and had Kane making a 3% shot from a postion along the wing that Leighton should have had an easy stop from.

But the bloody idiot sees it go right through his pads for the 2nd time in the game......goal #2 and goal #4. Both soft goals.

Unbelievable.

Let's just say that Leighton wouldn't rise above backup status next season if I was in the Flys' skates, which I'm not.

I don't have much use for Philly fans at all, but it sucks to see a team lose like that.

It's a crusher for the players who gave their all and laid it out on the ice for a chance to hoist the cup.

Lousy ending and I hate lousy endings. :blink:

Dude, not that I will ever stick up for the Flyers but how can you say that? Yes it was a BAD goal granted but if it were not for Leighton Flyers don't even get to the Stanley Cup final.

You live by the sword and you die by the sword. Flyers were playing with house money the entire playoffs really. NO ONE expected them to get that far.

Having said that now I think I am going to be sick. Excuse me.

I heard at work about the OT goal and I came home expecting to see some huge dramatic Doc call instead we got something that pretty much needed Chico going "Ooooooh I don't know Doc!"

Hahha -- Doc needs Chico! Chico would be giggling the whole time filling up the space Doc left...making excuses for Doc and stuff... "Ooooooh I dohn know Doc -- who coulda made that call? Is that in? You can't even tell (gafaw with giggle chaser) Boy oh boy - the ref is fallin' down on that one... You dont wanna say anything bad about the officiating especially in the finals -- but I was here folks and Doc was about to make the call (insert a typical modest protest from Doc while chico blabs over him) but you know... you gotta hand it to Kane - that was a sneaky little shot there! Are we lookin' at it? Yeah yeah - there it is folks and you see how -- yeah... that's a goal... that's good (giggle giggle) yeah I don't know Doc, kind of a crrrrrazy end here -- and folks you have to be here - the crowd is like we are - they don't know WHAT happened! I'm soorry Doc - I was just talking over you, in the excitement - you were saying?" Doc chimes in "in the LACK of excitement" they both laugh but then everyone gets to get all solemn and pay tribute to the Flyers

Then Doc's little chitter chatter would be so much more relevant than just sheepish as it came off.

SO pleased Roenik was in tears... why does it make it that much sweeter?

:cheers:

It sounded like Doc sort of wanted the Flyers to win. :unsure:

Edited by Pepperkorn

I have a new found respect for the Flyers, they showed a lot of character and just wouldn't quit. In the end they just didn't have the depth of Chicago.

Congrats to John Madden and the Hawks

I respected the Flyers. Their fans were pretty classless last night, booing Toews when he accepted the Conn Smythe and then booing the Hawks in their moment. Would it kill them to show a little respect?

All I was thinking though was 'damn I can't wait to see my team make a run like that again one day.'

I heard at work about the OT goal and I came home expecting to see some huge dramatic Doc call instead we got something that pretty much needed Chico going "Ooooooh I don't know Doc!"

hahahahah i thought of it in my head as soon as i thought it went in. 'the boys upstairs will have to take a look at this because i think we have ourselves a winner!'

'oh my! it hit the pad and in, you hate to see that!'

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

Hahha -- Doc needs Chico! Chico would be giggling the whole time filling up the space Doc left...making excuses for Doc and stuff... "Ooooooh I dohn know Doc -- who coulda made that call? Is that in? You can't even tell (gafaw with giggle chaser) Boy oh boy - the ref is fallin' down on that one... You dont wanna say anythign bad about the officiating especially in the finals -- but I was here folks and Doc was about to make the call but you know... you gotta hand it to Kane - that was a sneaky little shot there! Are we lookin' at it? Yeah yeah - there it is folks and you see how -- yeah... that's a goal... that's good (giggle giggle) yeah I don't know Doc, kind of a crrrrrazy end here -- and folks you have to be here - the crowd is like we are - they don't know WHAT happened"

Then Doc's little chitter chatter would be so much more relevant than just sheepish as it came off.

SO pleased Roenik was in tears... why does it make it that much sweeter?

:cheers:

Pretty dead on Chico impression there, haha. All it needed was him being unable to tell who scored. 'Oh, Hossa snuck that in!... What a shot by Hossa... or Kopecky. OH!!! That's Patrick Kane, Doc!!' :giggle:

You know -- in writing that above I just realized. Chico is just REALLY smart and massively sharp on the game. He blabbers because he sees everything as it's going down and he's beyond where the rest of the world is. He's so far ahead of most people watching that it seems like he's not paying attention - but in fact he's already seen and digested everything before a normal commentator can even get one word out. Sometimes he makes a mistake and speaks too fast - not because he's lagging behind. I love Chico :wub:

Pretty dead on Chico impression there, haha. All it needed was him being unable to tell who scored. 'Oh, Hossa snuck that in!... What a shot by Hossa... or Kopecky. OH!!! That's Patrick Kane, Doc!!' :giggle:

YES! perfect addition!

By the way, I gained a ton of respect for Roenick last night. That little speech to the 4 year old kid that was crying in 1992 was nice, and he was genuinely emotional. I think part because he will never have that win as a player, but part because he really identified with both cities involved.

And then Milbury pretended the moment was the NY Islanders and ruined it.

Chicago was totally robbed an epic moment by that reviewable goal. I can't see Chicago fans looking back at those final sequence of events and feeling satisfied with that anti-climatic ending. That had to be a strange minute or so for the fans of both teams. This sure as hell was not the moment when Arnott threw off his gloves and the rest of the team came flying over the bench. It was a very exciting game none the less.

Congrats to the Blackhawks and congrats to the Flyer's, not their fans, on a hard earned cup run.

By the way, I gained a ton of respect for Roenick last night. That little speech to the 4 year old kid that was crying in 1992 was nice, and he was genuinely emotional. I think part because he will never have that win as a player, but part because he really identified with both cities involved.

And then Milbury pretended the moment was the NY Islanders and ruined it.

Have to agree, that Roenick moment was really nice before Fat Face Milbury had to spoil it with being alive. I think Mike Milbury has become my least favorite hockey figure of all time, espcially after last night. Roenick was really feeling a moment that he's never experienced before and Milbury had to jump in and bascially say, "Stop crying you pansy! It's all about me!"

Mike Milbury is the hockey equivalent to pancreatic cancer and I have no idea why NBC keeps him on the payroll.