Set Up Chat Now, So You Can Worry About

DevilMinder

I have set up the IRC server again, most of you like to connect via the mIRC client. The server is arena.webchat.org and the channel is #njdevs

If you want to try the mIRC route go to www.mirc.com and download the latest client.

After installing the program click on Tools/options and then click on the servers word in the left window. Click on "add" for the IRC Server selection area.

Description is Whatever Devils chat/Njdevs.

IRC server: arena.webchat.org

Leave the rest of the defaults and click add. Now click the lightning button in the left corner and join the chat. You will need to join my channel next.

in the status bar just type /join #njdevs

If you need any help just post!

I tried to set up my mirc for that server, and although I got on, I got this msg...

#njdevs Cannot join channel: Only registered, identified users can create channels.

I guess this means the channel only exists at game times? I use undernet usually so I guess this is different.

I don't want to register on this network as I own a channel on undernet and my mirc is tailored for that. Is there still a link to join thru this site instead of using my mirc?

I tried to set up my mirc for that server, and although I got on, I got this msg...

#njdevs Cannot join channel: Only registered, identified users can create channels.

I guess this means the channel only exists at game times? I use undernet usually so I guess this is different.

I don't want to register on this network as I own a channel on undernet and my mirc is tailored for that. Is there still a link to join thru this site instead of using my mirc?

You can use mIRC for different networks...mine is set up for this one, undernet, anothernet and dalnet. all you have to dew is register a nick nothing else :o

I'm using Trillian Pro, but I think it's about the same for the non-Pro version of it. You'll want to add an IRC connection and add a new server. Give it a description of whatever you want (njdevs.com works well ;) ), server arena.webchat.org, country United States, port 6667, group whatever you want (njdevs.com works well once again :) ). Then find your newly-created server in the IRC server manager and on click on the Perform Buffer tab for it once you've selected the server off your list. Have it perform the following line on connection:

/join #njdevs

and click on Set on all servers in group. Finally, click on Create and Connect. With any luck you'll be chatting at this point. :)