Training Camp

TheRadHeedan

Hey All I am taking the train up to Newark tomorrow early afternoon to check out port 44, eat some lunch and throw some back. Im wondering if anyone knows what time the team will be skating at the pavilion. Figure i could hang out and watch from the windows for a while.

So I figure this is as good a thread as any to discuss scrimmages and other stuff.

So far today Arnott scored off a supposedly nice feed from Elias. Chemistry coming back already? Also McKenna just came in and is getting lit up by Kovalchuk and Rolston. Maybe if Rolston scores enough we can make him look attractive to other teams.

Edited by Amberite

I like the first two lines Parise-Zajac-Kovy and Elias-Arnott-Langs but I feel like it would be more effective to spread the talents of Parise and Kovy out a bit. Sort of how Crosby and Malkin played on the same line for a while a couple years ago but then realized they have that 1 2 punch with separating them on lines 1 and 2. Just my thoughts. Preseason should be interesting with the kids coming up.

I like the first two lines Parise-Zajac-Kovy and Elias-Arnott-Langs but I feel like it would be more effective to spread the talents of Parise and Kovy out a bit. Sort of how Crosby and Malkin played on the same line for a while a couple years ago but then realized they have that 1 2 punch with separating them on lines 1 and 2. Just my thoughts. Preseason should be interesting with the kids coming up.

It all depends on how Elias-Arnott-Langenbrunner pan out. Kovalchuk obviously makes any line better, but let's be honest. Assuming they have chemistry, an Elias-Arnott-Langenbrunner line is good enough to be the 1st line on most teams, so there is no absolute need to put Kovalchuk on that line. If he can be together with Parise and Zajac (which would be leagues better than most 1st lines in the league) while still maintaining a very strong 2nd line, there is no need to spread them out.

I would rather Tedenby and Josefson both on different lines with veterans. That would require Tedenby or Josefson starting off on the 4th line, something NJ did with Gomez back in 99-00.

Seems like the Zubrus - Josefson - Clarkson line is sticking so far in camp. They had a good day today (Clarkson and Josefson both with a goal), so it's likely they'll keep them together a while longer. If that line makes it through camp, and Tedenby makes the team, what you said is probably exactly what will happen.

Trying to get back into the writing scene... here's my camp preview

http://doublegsports.com/2010/09/21/training-camp-with-the-devils/

didn't you already get the first line wrong since kovie is playing with parise? i doubt they are going to switch around like lemaire did, that was the biggest whine we heard from the players.

didn't you already get the first line wrong since kovie is playing with parise? i doubt they are going to switch around like lemaire did, that was the biggest whine we heard from the players.

Personally I don't think Kovy will be on that line as the season starts. I typed that Saturday morning as well... but I don't see why it's a good idea for him to stay there.

Personally I don't think Kovy will be on that line as the season starts. I typed that Saturday morning as well... but I don't see why it's a good idea for him to stay there.

As soon as we got Arnott, I thought the lines would be:

ZZ Pops

Kovy-Arnott-Elias

So far in camp Mac seems to like the 2 studs together; Zajac between Parise and Kovy, with A-LINE 2.0 consisting of Patty, Arnott, and Lags. I would prefer to split up Kovy and Zach to have 2 more balanced lines, but the Kovy and Parise duo can be LETHAL

As soon as we got Arnott, I thought the lines would be:

ZZ Pops

Kovy-Arnott-Elias

So far in camp Mac seems to like the 2 studs together; Zajac between Parise and Kovy, with A-LINE 2.0 consisting of Patty, Arnott, and Lags. I would prefer to split up Kovy and Zach to have 2 more balanced lines, but the Kovy and Parise duo can be LETHAL

The problem i have with Kovy and Parise on line is it gives other teams and easy shot at shutting down our top two players. if we have those to together they will just match that line with their best defense. I say keep parise and kovalchuk separated.

The problem i have with Kovy and Parise on line is it gives other teams and easy shot at shutting down our top two players. if we have those to together they will just match that line with their best defense. I say keep parise and kovalchuk separated.

It will not be an easy task for any defense to "shut down our top two players". Kovy and Zach on the ice simultaneously will give opposing teams nightmares. Not to mention that if you stick your top pairing out there against Kovy and Zach all night, Elias-Arnott-Lags will also need to be contained. The Devils will be a matchup problem for any team they go against....