GAME THREAD!!11111

Weekes Head

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliment Msweet. The game did get nasty and to be honest, I shut the TV off after the 2nd. I just saw some of the third via MSG highlights that a few mentioned. If Nedved really did what was said, that's ridiculous. There's no place in the game for stickwork. The Gionta hit on Leetch was a little low. Granted he's a small player but I can see why the Rangers got upset. That is one of their stars and they can't just sit back and do nothing. It also looked like Gionta chopped down on Leetch with a slash later. But I doubt it was intentional. And LaCouture can handle himself. I wasn't surprised by what happened. I would have preferred they not lose it like that in the third and save the energy for their game against Chicago tonight. All that fighting can tire a team out. And now they have to travel. But when games turn ugly, this is what tends to happen. I guarantee you if they took out the Instigator Rule, half the stuff that goes on in these games wouldn't.

On that play where Simon battled Gomez, Gomez got away with an elbow. That's why the Rangers bench was hot. Gionta came in as the third man and the Devils got a PP.

On all the roughing stuff, they usually will get the reaction. It's just how it is. Doesn't make it right.

P.S. The Rangers played scared early on in the first.

I am still floored by Holik's comments after the game. Sadly, he's right on.

Well, it was only one game. I hope the Rangers show some resolve against Chicago tonight.

Well, it was only one game. I hope the Rangers show some resolve against Chicago tonight.

If the Rangers can't put forth a decent effort against Chicago... then I'm calling for slight roster changes and Sather's head by this point if I'm a Rangers fan. Sather has done well with the team, but I think they need someone other than him behind the bench if they want to succeed. And I still say there's just too much "star talent" and not enough role players on the Rangers -- or at least, too many players who think they're stars and not role players (this includes Mr. Holik at times).

Kovalev should be dealt from the Rangers, IMO. Take whatever they can get for him, ship Hlavac off with him, then give Carter more ice time and shift around some lines; make some call-ups for younger guys to see fourth line time, etc. But that's just my take on it as a Devils fan... I could be way off... who knows what makes the Rangers tick?

I love Brooks's take on Kovalev so far as a Ranger.. he's been terrible.

I don't think they can trade him.. he's still owed 5 million or so this season. If he's going to score 25 goals and put up 25 assists, he's not worth that kind of money. Who knows where Alexei will end up after the lockout. Somehow I doubt it will be with the Rangers.

Haven't been at the computer since Friday afternoon, so I'm getting in here a little late, but that was one sweet game. :D I love to see the Devils dominate *and* score a few goals. :P Jamie is playing so well - good for him!

Yesterday was great for hockey fans - 12 solid hours of hockey! Gotta love it!