GAME THREAD!!11111

Weekes Head

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt almost killed Brodeur during the post-game. Matt was talking while Brodeur was drinking his bottled water.

Matt: "We learned something new today. The Devils have turned the agitator and enforcer roles over to Brian Gionta."

Brodeur: *loses half his water* *some goes down the wrong way and he almost can't breath*

Phew, 5-0!! Woot!

What did Gomez and Little G do at the end of the game???

YAY G!

Gionta took Leetch hard into the end boards while they were chasing after a puck. Leetch was bent down a little and you know Gionta's not exactly tall, so the Rangers thought Little G hit Leetch low & shall we say, "not very nicely". The Ranger fan in back of me was screaming, "that motherfvcker went low on Leetch" and I turned to the guy and said, "Do you know how tall Gionta is? Where else is he going to hit Leetch?". The guy almost socked me.

Anyway, DeVries roughed Gionta up for it. He took a minor for that. Later another Ranger (I forget who) nailed Gionta in retaliation for the Leetch hit. Gionta came in late to 'ptotect' Gionta which is stupid of Gomer and pretty much useless because I think Little G can pretty much take care of himself. Anyway, the Ranger and Gionta got roughing penalties (Ranger got a double), Gomer got a roughing and was tossed for 3rd man in.

"They are contenders. We are just trying to be one of the top eight teams in our conference. This game was not a measuring stick. They are playing for different stakes than we are."

:D

And to think people took offense when Burns made a similar comment at the Rangers' expense... guess this is just another instance of the Rangers copying the Devils. :lol:

That game was awesome... anyone who said Devils play boring hockey should be forced to watch this rout....Incredible...

Devils dominate

Nov. 15, 2003

langenbrunner15.jpg

Beaten Man: Devils' right wing Jamie Langenbrunner scores as beaten Mike Dunham looks on.

In the first game between the Rangers and Devils, a familiar theme was present. Devil domination led to an easy 5-0 victory over a flat Ranger team at Continental Airlines Arena this afternoon.

Coming out sharp, the defending Cup champs pounced on the Rangers getting the first seven shots including the opening goal barely a minute in. Making tape-to-tape passes and using their superior speed, the Devils quickly backed up the Rangers and grabbed the early lead. Off a solid forecheck from Jamie Langenbrunner, he fed Scott Stevens for a left point blast that rebounded off Ranger goalie Mike Dunham, which Jay Pandolfo converted for his fourth of the season at 1:10.

Once ahead, the Devils went for the kill. The next few minutes were spent in the Ranger end as New Jersey pushed for a second goal. The best chance came when a poor Ranger line change resulted in a Brian Gionta breakaway on right wing, which Gionta clanged the far post on. Afterwards, the Rangers finally got their legs and played the Devils to a standoff. They did have a couple of chances to knot the game late in the first. Off some good board work by Bobby Holik, Martin Rucinsky fed a wide open Holik on the doorstep. But Holik flubbed the puck wide of Martin Brodeur missing the golden opportunity. They also got a power play chance with under eight minutes left. With Patrik Elias off for elbowing, Alexei Kovalev centered a pass to the right of Brodeur. But an open Ranger redirected the puck just wide.

The second was more conservative as both teams didn't want to get caught out of position. The Rangers got an early power play when Scott Gomez hooked Mark Messier down a minute in. But the Devils PK did the job. Jamie Lundmark had the best chance but didn't get all of a rebound right in front, which Brodeur calmy kicked away. The Devils had a goal disallowed when a whistle was blown inadvertently on a loose puck that Gionta seemed to put in.

Shortly after that, the Rangers would go away for good on a couple of innocent looking plays. Off another bad line change, Devil defenseman Scott Niedermayer made a smart read and turned it into a 3-on-2 rush. Working a give-and-go with John Madden, Niedermayer took the puck on the right side and flipped a harmless shot, which a breaking Jamie Langenbrunner somehow redirected for his seventh past Dunham at 10:29. The Devils then sealed the game with two more goals 1:32 apart with under 3:00 left in the period. Taking advantage of a weak clear, Scott Gomez fed Brian Rafalski for a right point blast which eluded Dunham. On the play, Brian Gionta screened him and the puck looked to deflect off Brian Leetch. The Devils would get their fourth goal off hard work. Cycling the puck effectively, Elias fed Christian Berglund. Berglund, who was being tightly checked by Lundmark still was able to get a wrist shot off from the slot, which beat Dunham at 18:54. On the play Elias set a perfect screen. It was that sort of play which typified the game.

With the game all but decided, the third was predictably nasty. Just four seconds in, Chris Simon dropped the gloves with Turner Stevenson, getting the decision. On another sequence later in the stanza, Brian Gionta got into it with Dan LaCouture. Gionta was given two for roughing while LaCouture got a double minor for roughing. The third man in, Scott Gomez also was given two minutes and a game misconduct. Matt Barnaby and Jamie Langenbrunner also traded roughing reaction penalties 1:31 apart in garbage time.

The Devils would add a power play goal from Niedermayer, when he one-timed a Friesen feed by Ranger backup Jussi Markkanen. Markkanen replaced Dunham (4 GA on 24 shots) in the third stopping nine of ten.

Only one thing was really decided in the third. That Martin Brodeur would pickup his third shutout of the season and move into first among active goalies with 67 career blankings. Brodeur's best stop of the game came on a breaking Lundmark shorthanded. He held his ground to preserve the 18 save shutout.

Niedermayer, by far the best player on the ice was named the game's first star, finishing with a goal (4) and two assists. Langenbrunner added two points (1-1-2) while both Gomez and Friesen recorded two helpers apiece.

Notes: Devils (9-3-4-0) extended their unbeaten streak to a season best nine games (7-0-2). They host the Sabres (7-7-2-1) Wednesday night on Metro. Rangers (6-6-2-2) lost for the fourth time in five games. They take their awful 1-4 road record to Chicago (6-7-3-2) tomorrow night. They have been outscored 22-11 away from MSG. Michigan standout Jed Ortmeyer made his rookie debut, playing 10:55.

Nice write up Derek.

About how I saw it.

The only thing you left out is how the Rangers tried to goon up the game by going after the smallest players on the ice.

Simon punched Gionta and Gomez like a dozen times on 3 seperate occasions for no reason whatsoever. It was quite embarrassing for the Rag$.

Simon then backed away from Scott Stevens when challenged at the end, of course. Further adding to the total humiliation.

GO DEVILS!!! WOOO   :dance:

Sucks for me, I can't watch this game either! I will be at the school's playoff game... go lions lol.

I am missing my school's playoff game along with two of my friends, even though we're supposed to be there since I'm in the marching band. :evil: We are 1-6 and will probably lose, so who cares?!

1-6 and you are in the playoffs?!?!?! wow. Yeah I don't blame u for missing marching band stuff. I was in it till last month. I'm happy now just cheering. Our team lost :-( wahhhhh oh well....

Gionta took Leetch hard into the end boards while they were chasing after a puck.  Leetch was bent down a little and you know Gionta's not exactly tall, so the Rangers thought Little G hit Leetch low & shall we say, "not very nicely".  The Ranger fan in back of me was screaming, "that motherfvcker went low on Leetch" and I turned to the guy and said, "Do you know how tall Gionta is?  Where else is he going to hit Leetch?".  The guy almost socked me.

lol, ranger fans loose their temper quiet easily.

Edited by NJ_Devils_Fan

That had to be some of the worst audio I've EVER heard. Couldn't hear ANYTHING Doc or Chico said...granted, it wasn't so bad not having to listen to Chico, but it was annoying as hell not being able to hear ANY of play by play!

Could be; I had to fiddle around with the audio a bit going from main speaker to both speakers on my TV and it worked okay after that.

There were these hysterical people near me in section 217 who kept me laughing the entire game with their chants (MESSIER'S A ++++!!!!!!, 1 SINCE '40!!!!!!, then after the Niedermayer powerplay goal: IT'S A POWERPLAY GOAL.........F*** YOU, SAM ROSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Phew, 5-0!!  Woot!

What did Gomez and Little G do at the end of the game???

YAY G!

Gionta took Leetch hard into the end boards while they were chasing after a puck. Leetch was bent down a little and you know Gionta's not exactly tall, so the Rangers thought Little G hit Leetch low & shall we say, "not very nicely". The Ranger fan in back of me was screaming, "that motherfvcker went low on Leetch" and I turned to the guy and said, "Do you know how tall Gionta is? Where else is he going to hit Leetch?". The guy almost socked me.

:rofl: The truth sure can hurt :evil:

There were these hysterical people near me in section 217 who kept me laughing the entire game with their chants (MESSIER'S A ++++!!!!!!, 1 SINCE '40!!!!!!, then after the Niedermayer powerplay goal: IT'S A POWERPLAY GOAL.........F*** YOU, SAM ROSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

217 > *.*