Trade rumor: Langenbrunner to BOS for Tukka Rask

ghdi

How is this even a rumor? Its just what some guy wrote on his blog, he doesnt cite any sources and is not affiliated with any publications. Its just some guy on twitter.

Thats why I posted it, I wasn't sure if anyone else knew who he was. I've unfollowed him as I didnt even find a link to his so-called blog.

That's a ridiculous trade, but I'd do it in a heartbeat just to have the best name in all of hockey on our team. Dude's name sounds like a random Star Wars villian.

Edit: For what it's worth, dude just changed the name of his blog today apparently, and I'd never heard of his blog under it's old name. Could just be trying to get attention.

Edit 2: I just said dude twice in this post, referring to two different people. I must be tired, and/or in the early 90s.

Actually Rask is an old soldiers name, means quick/swift etc.

That's a ridiculous trade, but I'd do it in a heartbeat just to have the best name in all of hockey on our team. Dude's name sounds like a random Star Wars villian.

Edit: For what it's worth, dude just changed the name of his blog today apparently, and I'd never heard of his blog under it's old name. Could just be trying to get attention.

Edit 2: I just said dude twice in this post, referring to two different people. I must be tired, and/or in the early 90s.

This trade makes 0 sense. Clearly, this "new blog" lacks any credibility. Rask was the #1 goalie in Boston until Thomas has a resurgence. Having two #1 goalies is a luxury.

Most teams know the Devils have no leverage because of its Cap issues. So I expect very little in return for any deals (3rd or fourth round picks for players like Langs).

This trade makes 0 sense. Clearly, this "new blog" lacks any credibility. Rask was the #1 goalie in Boston until Thomas has a resurgence. Having two #1 goalies is a luxury.

Most teams know the Devils have no leverage because of its Cap issues. So I expect very little in return for any deals (3rd or fourth round picks for players like Langs).

I agree....just Langs might fetch a 4th rounder..or 3rd if we're lucky.

I agree....just Langs might fetch a 4th rounder..or 3rd if we're lucky.

Smart teams in the cap era exploit teams in the position the Devils are in (Philly and now Atlanta in particular).

The Devils can't afford a player because we are looking to get rid of salary which is why we are more likely to get draft picks.

Smart teams in the cap era exploit teams in the position the Devils are in (Philly and now Atlanta in particular).

The Devils can't afford a player because we are looking to get rid of salary which is why we are more likely to get draft picks.

Draft picks is acceptable, provided you capitalize on them.

I also doubt after Chiarelli talked all that sh!t about us after the Kovy trade THEN the Kovy re-signing that he'd want to trade with us.

When did Chiarelli say anything? Can you get me a link?

Chiarelli had his own scrutinized contract issue with Savard and the Bruins are as much against the CAP as we are.

And as for Rask, he had a good year last year, but he is struggling a bit at 2-7-1 this year and there have been some rumors that he's not happy having to sit behind Thomas. He's still young, but they may decide to move him.

I also doubt after Chiarelli talked all that sh!t about us after the Kovy trade THEN the Kovy re-signing that he'd want to trade with us.

Are you kidding??? its because of the Kovy situation that almost all league GM' are licking their chops to exploit our situation.

Chiarelli will try to exploit us and add the quality depth necessary for a long playoff run, especially since it would cost him close to nothing.

I haven't heard what he supposedly said, but even if he criticized Lou, this is business. If you can make a good deal with some team, you do it (except if it's a divisional rival, then you have to think twice. The Bruins haven't had a problem with that, though, as they already had a trade with Toronto that raped the Leafs off Tyler Seguin). There's no room for crying because somebody signed a contract you didn't like.

That being said, this is NOT one of those good deals for Chiarelli and we don't really have a reason to believe in a single word in this rumour (there are no credible sources). Also, if Rask isn't happy being a backup... yeah, it makes perfect sense for him to be traded to New Jersey. :rolleyes: Unless, of course, Lou has some big plan of trading Brodeur, but I seriously doubt that (and not just because he said so... Lou says a lot of stuff and he won't let you know his true plans anyway).