2011-12 season renewal info

overtime98

So I just upgraded from my partial package this year to a full-season next year and I have a couple questions about Ticket Exchange, or whatever it’s called. My aunt is a STH for the Hurricanes down in Raleigh, and their exchange program gives them the ability to turn in their pair of tickets and get, say, four seats to that same game if they wanted to take my wife and I along while we’re visiting. I never used the Ticket Exchange this season with our partial package, but I looked at it a bit and I didn't see any kind of an option that would let me do something like that. It seems like our Exchange is strictly a buy/sell situation. Is that true, or did I miss something? Or, will I have more options next season as a STH than I did this season with just a partial package?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just upgraded from my partial package this year to a full-season next year and I have a couple questions about Ticket Exchange, or whatever it’s called. My aunt is a STH for the Hurricanes down in Raleigh, and their exchange program gives them the ability to turn in their pair of tickets and get, say, four seats to that same game if they wanted to take my wife and I along while we’re visiting. I never used the Ticket Exchange this season with our partial package, but I looked at it a bit and I didn't see any kind of an option that would let me do something like that. It seems like our Exchange is strictly a buy/sell situation. Is that true, or did I miss something? Or, will I have more options next season as a STH than I did this season with just a partial package?

Ticket Exchange is strictly a buy/sell option. The Devils set a minimum price you can sell your tickets for and their is no cap as far as how high you want to set the price.

Absolutely.. and kind of a head scratcher too.. I guess they figure packed balconies are more important than packed uppers

True, but what I'm curious to see is what the face value for single game seats for the balcony is going to be next year.

They are lowering the balcony because they are the worst seats in the house and no one wants to sit there because of the steep incline. The Devils have no problem selling the upper sides (currently green and brown color). Balcony is not a good selling section. Both 100 and 200 sections more than reasonably priced.

they've had a huge problem seling non-CI 200's. this will only make it worse

I'm not Donald Trump by any means, but there comes 's a point where we as fans and STH's have to stop complaining about price.

Current STH price in 200 section is $30 which I think is fair, especially for this market.

That's $2,640 for 44 games (2 season tickets + 3 pre season).

The Devils gave us a brand new state of the art arena.

A hockey team in which they invested the most money allowable by rules of the league.

A $100M superstar with possibly another monster contract coming with Parise.

They are running a business and they have to make money.

It is my personal opinion that the balcony behind the net was the only section they needed to adjust pricing on.

They did that for 2011-2012 season.

It's time to stop using price against them.

Edited by trailblazer

I'm not Donald Trump by any means, but there comes 's a point where we as fans and STH's have to stop complaining about price.

Current STH price in 200 section is $30 which I think is fair, especially for this market.

A hockey team in which they invested the most money allowable by rules of the league.

It is my personal opinion that the balcony behind the net was the only section they needed to adjust pricing on.

you can't have equal price for unequal value. having every non $10 seat in the uppers be the same price is goofy. pricing out a corner upper in say, 226, as more as a 4th row seat in 120, is extremely goofy.

the problem isn't the customers being whiny, it's that the Devils never decided "ok, this is all messed up, let's re-price the building 100%". instead they do it piecemeal, and every time they stuff gum in the broken dam, another leak gets sprung.

they're just not doing it right at all. those cheap balcony seats, how many of them are being bought as retention, and how many of them are being bought as new STH? betcha the former much more than the later, and in that case, they're *losing money* on the deal.

unfortunately second-level thinking isn't a pre-requisite for working in the Devils office. so they roll out a pricing scheme which will largely be taken up as relocation, and leave more empty seats in mispriced areas. the corners in the uppers are almost always empty. and rightfully so.

center ice mezz cost 85 and regular is 59 right? center ice 200 and corner are the same...logic just seems out there.

center ice mezz $55 (yellow) 1st row in 4 center 100 sections $88 (Lavender)

Logic being 1st row is essentially same view as 2nd level suite.

However, this has also been addressed for 2011-2012 I believe.

Meaning all rows same price in 100 section next season

What specific upper locations do you think is not priced correctly and what price do you think it should be?

all except the center two sections, and they should be the prices they were before they uniform priced the upper deck. having the top right (whoops, I mean left, was thinking from my vantage point) seat in 226 be the same price as a first row seat in a CI upper section makes sense for you? in my world, one of them is way overpriced. and it seems like the public agrees by how unpopulated those seats are on most days. considering they were often full in the past no matter what the game was.

you make it sound like it's difficult to have more acumen and business sense than the people who price out Devils tickets. they have screwed up virtually every section in the building at one time or another, and fix them one by one, creating another problem to replace the problem they just fixed.

they should have had a universal fix, get everything "right", and that's it. no more whining, no more complaining, it is what it is, move on, instead they constantly give people rightful gripes against them by screwing the pooch time and time again.

seriously, other than the clubs, what section in the building haven't they adjusted? this couldn't all be done at once?

Edited by maxpower

I will complain until Club Seats are $10 and Suites are free.

Yeah I mean I agree with max here.. And I've heard a ton of people, some even in the lower level, say that upper corner should be less than upper center.. Those sections are dead for 80% of games (and that's probably an understatement) so clearly the market feels they are overpriced..

My guess is that they decided since the balconies are bigger and more visible, they would price it super low to get people to move into those sections.. My bet is that prices there go up next season by a few bucks and then slowly continue to rise

The whole picture won't be clear until we see the face value pricing, and then where they give the massive discounts for their last minute deals

seriously, other than the clubs, what section in the building haven't they adjusted? this couldn't all be done at once?

Actually they are re-doing the club seats.. Front row or 2 will be $200, and the back 3 to 5 rows will be $150.. In between will still be $175.. That's the STH cost

Yeah I mean I agree with max here.. And I've heard a ton of people, some even in the lower level, say that upper corner should be less than upper center.. Those sections are dead for 80% of games (and that's probably an understatement) so clearly the market feels they are overpriced..

My guess is that they decided since the balconies are bigger and more visible, they would price it super low to get people to move into those sections.. My bet is that prices there go up next season by a few bucks and then slowly continue to rise

The whole picture won't be clear until we see the face value pricing, and then where they give the massive discounts for their last minute deals

Actually they are re-doing the club seats.. Front row or 2 will be $200, and the back 3 to 5 rows will be $150.. In between will still be $175.. That's the STH cost

I remember if you get the balcony's and pay in full by 3/8 or some date your prices are LOCKED in :)

It's starting to head towards more discounts for the uppers. It's probably easier to get more people in the building if you slash the balcony at a huge rate to get more sth's and offer $35 tickets for $20 in the uppers instead of having few sth's in both sections and offering $59 for $35 and a food card in the balcony. You would hope that's the ultimate goal anyway cause otherwise I don't get how anyone can justify higher prices for an upper corner than a balcony behind both nets.

I remember if you get the balcony's and pay in full by 3/8 or some date your prices are LOCKED in :)

Locked in forever? Hard to believe they would do that.. 20 years from now, when inflation has kicked in and we're up to 10 SCC's ( :pray: ) it's hard to believe they would allow someone to pay $22 for those balconies

I'm fine paying $24 for my seats next season because I know I will only have to sell like 5 games, but if I couldn't go to a lot then it wouldn't make sense because I'll have paid $24 but the balconies will be reselling for $22, so I'd at east have to drop to $22 to compete and probably less because people tend to value the balconies more

As a season ticket holder on the balcony ( 106 row 1 ) i'm a bit puzzled with what they are doing. I love my seats and renewed aleady at $42 per game, but now rows 4 & up are $28 ( $22 on defending side ) which I think is way too low. Now if I need to sell a game I can't go to on ticketexchange, the lowest I can go is $42 yet another STH in row 4 can sell his at $28? That's not fair at all!! I'm at a disadvantage because I pay more yet this year the tix for these same seats are exactly the same price!

Should I downgrade to row 4 at the relocation event? They are practically daring me to by doing this!

If I'm sitting in the balcony, I want front row. If you don't think it's worth an extra 14 per game to have front row, you know what you have to do.

it's definitely worth it for the games I go to, however it will now be impossible to sell non-ranger games on tix exchange with $28 seats 3 rows behind me. To me, it will cost me much more than $14 per game if I can't sell games i can't attend!

Locked in forever? Hard to believe they would do that.. 20 years from now, when inflation has kicked in and we're up to 10 SCC's ( :pray: ) it's hard to believe they would allow someone to pay $22 for those balconies

I'm fine paying $24 for my seats next season because I know I will only have to sell like 5 games, but if I couldn't go to a lot then it wouldn't make sense because I'll have paid $24 but the balconies will be reselling for $22, so I'd at east have to drop to $22 to compete and probably less because people tend to value the balconies more

you can give them away to someone who is less fortunate.

Good Karma

Edited by trailblazer

As a season ticket holder on the balcony ( 106 row 1 ) i'm a bit puzzled with what they are doing. I love my seats and renewed aleady at $42 per game, but now rows 4 & up are $28 ( $22 on defending side ) which I think is way too low. Now if I need to sell a game I can't go to on ticketexchange, the lowest I can go is $42 yet another STH in row 4 can sell his at $28? That's not fair at all!! I'm at a disadvantage because I pay more yet this year the tix for these same seats are exactly the same price!

Should I downgrade to row 4 at the relocation event? They are practically daring me to by doing this!

I think if you decide to be a STH of the NJ Devils you have to go into it prepared to eat any games you can't attend simply because the demand is not high.

Anything you get for them is gravy.

Give a few games away and put a smile on the face of a fellow fan who is not as fortunate to have STH.

It is more rewarding than money.

I would pay $14 more to sit front row but that just me.

you can give them away to someone who is less fortunate.

Good Karma

I can't help being business minded.. Bill Gates had the same issue.. Season tix aren't all rainbows and unicorns :lol:

I give away a lot of tickets.. I have 16 first timers under my belt lol

btw nice edit

Edited by Colin226