All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I don't know if it was mention or not. Grabner and our Asst GM have the same agent.
  3. All purpose Patrik Elias memories and love topic

Elias was always my guy - when he started coming on in ‘99, I was all in. I’ve been at many games in my life including game 7 2003. Of course it was amazing. But Game 7 ECF 2000 in Philly - I was there in my Elias jersey and I was sure I was going to be murdered. That was my favorite live sporting event I’ve ever attended and Elias made it.
  4. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

So apparently Dom Smith was late for a team meeting the day of the first ST game and was benched...yep, dude definitely punched his ticket to Vegas.
  5. Olympic Hockey

Still got further in the tourney than the US buddy Let's hope we get the NHL players back in 4 years so that it can actually be the best in the world playing each other. No doubt in my mind Canada and USA would be the final in 2022. Too much talent not to.
  6. All purpose Patrik Elias memories and love topic

Throughout the course of NJ Devils history, a history that Lou planned and shaped, an idea has oft arisen in the minds of Devils fans - an idea that might be truth or then yet again delusion, it's an idea that we don't say aloud - that there is a moral and intellectual superiority to being a "prototypical Devil," a player who is defined by a certain level of will that allows for the sacrifice of personal accomplishment in the name of collective victory, and who honors himself not by sitting atop the scoresheet, but by honoring the culture of Devilhood, whatever that means. I'm not sure many Devils players really ever fit this standard more than we as fans just made adjustments to our thinking in order to say they did. Then again, maybe it was just easy to look good when the Rangers perpetually suck next door. But I digress, I'm not sure it ever meant much of anything to call someone a "prototypical Devil." Except for Patrik Elias of course, he was a prototypical Devil. Why so? I'm not really sure anymore. I guess when I was younger, in my head he would have scored 1500 points if it wasn't for the trap, the team's commitment to defense, and the fact that he could never find a linemate good enough to keep up. And as such, his noble sacrifice exemplified the holy code, the Way of the Devils. But then again, he did play with some great players and fit in on some high-scoring lines. I thought, "here's a guy who will score 120 points one day and win the Hart." He never did. Through my red-tinted lenses, from the first time I saw Elias on the ice, I knew he was the greatest passer of all-time. I saw him as a top-5 league talent who played defense because that's the damn right thing to do. It took some growing up to realize there was a lot of players out there who could pass well and had top talent, more talent even, and who were defensively responsible. At least Patty loved the Devils, more than anything else, he'd die before he left. But then...he almost signed with the Rangers. I mostly just pretended that didn't happen up until I was of wise enough mind to realize life is complicated and it wasn't such a big deal (but it was, Rangers suck!). Patrik Elias wasn't perfect. But, despite all of the things I just mentioned above, he was as damn near close to perfect as we ever came. And despite not being heralded as one of the league's all-time greats, he did some things that are indeed to be preserved in the elite annals of hockey. He played 1,200+ games for one franchise and scored 1,000+ points for the same. He is the Devils all time leading scorer in goals, assists, points, and shots. He has the most points by a Devil in one playoff season (23) and is the franchise leader in shots as well. He also won two Cups with the team, and most importantly off all, made perhaps the greatest pass in NHL playoff history, to win one of said Cups. Oh, and he's always seemed to be a damn nice guy.. And despite not every myth about him being true, some of them are. There is a reason he is the first NJ Devils' forward going to the rafters. He sacrificed for the system as much as was needed, he was a true team player, and cared for his teammates to the point of tears. And if the HOF selection committee knows hockey, they'll put Patty in in short order. Patrik was a special player, with a humility that opposed his great abilities, and who is everything that has made this franchise great. It seems like just yesterday I was watching him play tic-tac-toe across the ice with Arnott and Sykora. Now here we are, two decades passed from Elias's first NHL game. He was just a kid only yesterday right? But..he had already played damn well near 100 games by the time one Nico Hischier was born in Naters, Switzerland. Time flies, it really does. And throughout all of our lifetimes there will only be a few generations of players we get to see play their careers from start to finish and for me, one of those generations was damn well spent on Patrik Elias.
  7. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I don’t understand why everyone is so upset about this? It’s called being creative to fit a piece you want under your cap. Ottawa gets a 1st and a prospect, Vegas gets compensated for retaining some salary, and Pittsburgh gets their center. Don’t crucify the Pens for getting creative here because this is perfectly legal. Get over it.
  8. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Interesting. Why's that? Wasn't that something we were all super proud of that Lou was always able to find a way to push the rules in our favour and praised him for that? It was part of his genius in getting Stevens for example. But nothing he did was ever... this complex and to the level of that deal IMO. It's not a knock on Lou. It's equivalent to say "And we thought Crosby was fast and skilled... but here's that McDavid kid now" And then i said SOMEONE would obviously claim something specific... and sure enough, it happened lol How am i not making sense here?
  9. All purpose general trade speculation thread

You make literally no sense
  10. I have no idea. All i know is that we may never know unless it's happening lol What a lot of people are failing to understand is that... it's not because a trade is not happening that the rumour was bullsh!t. Many many deals are attempted and looked into but both sides just can't make it work and they move on. Sometimes those attempts are reported and sometimes they are not. That's not to say any rumours are true either.
  11. You’ll have to be more specific...
  12. Any truth to these moronic Karlsson rumors or nah?
  13. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Welcome to 2018 where the salary cap doesn't mean anything because you can just have another team take the hit?
  14. i see it now that its mentioned lol
  15. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Tadaaaaaa !!!!!!!
  16. All purpose general trade speculation thread

and we thought Lou was bending the rules back then..... this is like....... next level sh!t lol
  17. All purpose general trade speculation thread

such a fishy trade. Really don’t get Vegas’s reasoning.
  18. All purpose general trade speculation thread

What a crock of sh!t. Add another issue to the list for the next lockout. [emoji849] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. All purpose general trade speculation thread

IMHO, then this is typical cap circumvention and the league should not have allowed it. Gary Bettman wouldve been on Lou's case if the Devils did anything like this.
  20. All purpose general trade speculation thread

40% just this season is what I read
  21. Seriously, you don't see It? Always though it was a separated at birth thing
  22. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Wow not sure how Pitt got Vegas to agree to this. Vegas retaining 40% of Brassards salary. For Reaves and a 4th? Nuts.
  23. I don’t get it
  24. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Ryan “Really, a first round pick?” Reaves
  1. Load more activity