Three faces of Newark's arena

El Diablo

They are printed in the Newark Star Ledger itself. IMO all the designs are pretty silly, especially the glass one. If anything the colliseum one would be the nicest, because the other two are just lacking. The third design basically looked like the New Jersey Devils threw up on a space ship and the end result was an awful looking arena.

Just my opinion though.

They are printed in the Newark Star Ledger itself. IMO all the designs are pretty silly, especially the glass one. If anything the colliseum one would be the nicest, because the other two are just lacking. The third design basically looked like the New Jersey Devils threw up on a space ship and the end result was an awful looking arena.

Just my opinion though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree - Is this the best they could do ? :puke:

You have got to be kidding me. What is there to like about the Coliseum style arena? It wouldn't even be original or innovating 30 years ago. Just look at the Spectrum in philly, looks just like it. Its just a giant oval with giant brown curtains. WOW, now I am ready to go watch some hockey. This is definitely not going to be picked. The one you called you a

I don't think coliseum one will look like the Spectrum. The Spectrum has those weird agragate panels, while these are brick. It probably looks that way because it's a webcam pic. I do kinda like the spaceship one. Looks like a terminal from JFK.

BTW: :hail: to RD for the pics!

You have got to be kidding me.  What is there to like about the Coliseum style arena?  It wouldn't even be original or innovating 30 years ago. Just look at the Spectrum in philly, looks just like it. Its just a giant oval with giant brown curtains.  WOW, now I am ready to go watch some hockey.  This is definitely not going to be picked.  The one you called you a

i kinda like the bottom one better cause the middle one looks common.

But im not really a good judge without an actual picture so that first one is really hard for me to imagine.

The first one is the worst drawing. The buildings obscure the actual arena and the way it is drawn it is more of a concept than a building. The second one looks way too much like the Spectrum (that is not a positive thing). I like the third one the best of the three but I would like to see a better conception of the first one.

not crazy about any of the designs

The Coliseum is probably best, not too flashy or futuristic. But it doesn't look run down like Nassau or The Spectrum.

The last one looks too big and generic, like it belongs in florida or something.

I'm not sure what that glass concept is supposed to be.

All that matters is what's inside.

Personally I like the "spaceship" it just looks more modern then the other two. The first one looks like that guggenheim museum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shows how dumb i am.. i thought the first one was the space ship one lol..

Well i cant go by names.. but i guess the outside of the third picture appeals to me cause of the surroundings of trees and stuff... but that doesnt mean the first 2 wouldnt have that.. and i really cant jusdge the first one by the picture at all, it seems like there is something blocking part of it.. i dunno...

I'm back. I've been really busy of late and haven't even been able to check up on the board or the progress in Newark (I know, its shocking).

I honestly can't tell what the first one would look like in real life. The second one is average, but not overly special. The last one is nice, but looks way too sterile to me. I'd prefer the third one if they had more brick and less glass. The pure glass walls are too unapproachable. Besides, it wouldn't fit Newark's architecture without the brick.

I'm back. I've been really busy of late and haven't even been able to check up on the board or the progress in Newark (I know, its shocking).

I honestly can't tell what the first one would look like in real life. The second one is average, but not overly special. The last one is nice, but looks way too sterile to me. I'd prefer the third one if they had more brick and less glass. The pure glass walls are too unapproachable. Besides, it wouldn't fit Newark's architecture without the brick.

Good point, I like the brick work on the Sovereign bank arena in trenton and it fits into the neighborhood of brownstone homes.