Rangers Looking To Dump Lindros

Weekes Head

According to TSN.ca:

Rangers looking to dump Lindros?

TSN.ca Staff

4/24/2003

The New York Rangers are reportedly looking to unload Eric Lindros in the off-season.

Sources tell the New York Post that general manager Glen Sather is interested in entertaining offers for Lindros, who was acquired in August 2001 from the Philadelphia Flyers.

However, after two seasons in New York - and two non-playoff appearances - it appears the Rangers are not entirely convinced that Lindros can be the anchor to the Rangers ressurgence.

The fact that Lindros is scheduled to earn $9.3-million next season severely limits the number of teams who would be capable of trading for him. The Post cites the Toronto Maple Leafs as a possible destination for No. 88.

Toronto coach and general manager Pat Quinn attempted to deal for Lindros when he was with Philadelphia, but both sides failed to come to terms leading up to the 2001 trading deadline. However, any renewed interest in Lindros will likely have to wait until Quinn's position as coach and general manager of the Leafs is settled by ownership.

The Post also reports that the Rangers are unlikely to make a big financial splash in the free agent market this summer. They are expected to shun big name talent such as Sergei Fedorov and Derian Hatcher in favour of someone like Todd Marchant, who is not expected to re-sign with the Edmonton Oilers.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=38...951&hubName=nhl

According to TSN.ca:

Rangers looking to dump Lindros?

TSN.ca Staff

4/24/2003

The New York Rangers are reportedly looking to unload Eric Lindros in the off-season.

Sources tell the New York Post that general manager Glen Sather is interested in entertaining offers for Lindros, who was acquired in August 2001 from the Philadelphia Flyers.

However, after two seasons in New York - and two non-playoff appearances - it appears the Rangers are not entirely convinced that Lindros can be the anchor to the Rangers ressurgence.

The fact that Lindros is scheduled to earn $9.3-million next season severely limits the number of teams who would be capable of trading for him. The Post cites the Toronto Maple Leafs as a possible destination for No. 88.

Toronto coach and general manager Pat Quinn attempted to deal for Lindros when he was with Philadelphia, but both sides failed to come to terms leading up to the 2001 trading deadline. However, any renewed interest in Lindros will likely have to wait until Quinn's position as coach and general manager of the Leafs is settled by ownership.

The Post also reports that the Rangers are unlikely to make a big financial splash in the free agent market this summer. They are expected to shun big name talent such as Sergei Fedorov and Derian Hatcher in favour of someone like Todd Marchant, who is not expected to re-sign with the Edmonton Oilers.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=38...951&hubName=nhl

I dunno.

First, the source is 'Liar Larry' Brooks from the Post. Second, although I hate Quinn, I think he sees what everyone else sees, that Lindros isn't even a good second line center anymore, and he's making 1st line $$$. It pains me to say this, but I just don't think Quinn is that stupid. The only way I think Concussion Boy land in Toronto is if the job Quinn loses is GM, not coach. Since they are planning to have him do only one job next year, that could be the case.

Yeah right, I'll believe that when i see it. Rangers not spend money? Thats like a oxymoron or something.

Dumping Lindros is prolly a good move for them.

He is not the man he used to be. He will be hard to move @ his price.

:-)

As far as the Rangers not going after UFA's? B.S. That is the NYR m.o.

Federoff or Hatch will be the "last piece" of the puzzle.

vince