N.F.L. Week 12

CRASHER

Why because they have one good player (Rice)... one streaky player (and let's not forget Kenny Britt's fumble and two drops as well) and a good O-line guy in O'Hara??

Really??

Let's slow down... it's bad enough the Rutgers bandwagon is infesting college :P

Miss. Valley State had Jerry Rice and Alcorn State had Steve McNair... let's call THEM legendary schools too....

Hell even DELAWARE had Joe Flacco AND Rich Gannon.... so gimme a break!!!!!!

Produce as many NFL GOOD pros as the Florida's, OSU's, Texas' and USC does... and THEN you can start chirping :P

Delaware = breeding place of elite QB's. :)

Also, for the record the school that produced Patrick Crayton could be the best college ever. Just sayin'. :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, for the record the school that produced Patrick Crayton could be the best college ever. Just sayin'. :lol:

You only have the courage to say this because your woman faked an injury to make you stay home :P

Pretty amazing what a somewhat competent coach and actually throwing down field can do sometimes.

Not in any way suggesting that the Bills are a very good football team..just saying...

What's more amazing is having your RB throw the ball from the 2 yard-line when he's averaging 4 yards per carry. Or leaving a rookie corner in straight-up man with TO. Or calling a Ted Ginn reverse when the previously mentioned RB is, once again, averaging 4 yards per carry. Our coaching staff should be mortified with that disaster. I know I am.

My god the Pats defense is fuking awful. What an absolute embarassment tonight. From the play calling to the personell the defense is just awful. I'm sick of all the talk about the Pats good young corners and safties. With that said the offensive play calling is flat out amateur stuff. There is no originality left in this team and that falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff. When you have Brady, Moss, and Welker and this is the best you can come up with something has to change. Were like the Colts and Bills of years past, well make the playoffs but have no shot in hell of winning the super bowl.

Bright side is the Saints will absolutly shred the Colts secondary and the Saints D isnt as weak as some people have said.

No nice way to say this...the Pats' D was exposed for what it is: a frontrunning, chest-beating bunch of frauds. Great, you can beat up bad teams and teams that beat themselves. Against the heavyweights you're nowhere to be found.

Oh well, they'll likely win their division, possibly their wild-card game, then get pasted by the #1 or #2 seed in the next round. I'm no longer on the fence about whether or not this team is a pretender...they've solidified that status in capital letters.

PRETENDERS. FRAUDS.

At least NO's defense makes plays when it has to. Great job by a NO squad that clearly came prepared to play.

The plot thickens for New England with this lose. Their game on Sunday against the Wildcat'fish just got 10x more interesting. :e-drama: (if you're Fish fan -or- Gang Green)

As I sit here looking at the Pats schedule.. with the exception of Carolina, there aint a whole lot of "off-days" here, I gotta tell you. The Texans are a dangerous team, and Jacksonville is dangerous aswell. I can totally see New England losing one of these two. Even playing Buffalo in Buffalo isn't as much of a gimmie anymore. Next week becomes the most important game of the season for the Patriots. Mainly because 'A: -It would be their 3rd lose in their last 4 games. (provided Miami pulls out the victory) -&- `B: -Should NE lose, their reign atop the Division would slip to just a *1 Win lead over the Dolphins. (and NY for that matter.. if the Jets take care of the Bills)

I've said it for the past 3 weeks now. If you're the Jets and\or Dolphins, maybe your best bet into the playoffs isn't the Wildcard... maybe it's winning the Division. If NE wins come the 6th.. then there's no way. However, IF (big if) the Phins can upset TB & BB next week.. then the AFC East title is off the Silver Platter for the Spygates.. because after what I saw tonight, this "defense" is the Great & Powerful Oz folks. (smoke and mirrors)

So cowboys fans...... Can the cowboys beat the Saints in a couple weeks? :whistling:

I'll answer this in a sideways way.....

If the Vikings lose a game before then, yes.....

If the Saints still have team Fraud up their ass and the Saints need the game for home field.... then no

Amazing to think at 8-3 and 7-4 that Dallas and Arizona have NO CHANCE at a bye week isn't it?

The plot thickens for New England with this lose. Their game on Sunday against the Wildcat'fish just got 10x more interesting. :e-drama: (if you're Fish fan -or- Gang Green)

As I sit here looking at the Pats schedule.. with the exception of Carolina, there aint a whole lot of "off-days" here, I gotta tell you. The Texans are a dangerous team, and Jacksonville is dangerous aswell. I can totally see New England losing one of these two. Even playing Buffalo in Buffalo isn't as much of a gimmie anymore. Next week becomes the most important game of the season for the Patriots. Mainly because 'A: -It would be their 3rd lose in their last 4 games. (provided Miami pulls out the victory) -&- `B: -Should NE lose, their reign atop the Division would slip to just a *1 Win lead over the Dolphins. (and NY for that matter.. if the Jets take care of the Bills)

I've said it for the past 3 weeks now. If you're the Jets and\or Dolphins, maybe your best bet into the playoffs isn't the Wildcard... maybe it's winning the Division. If NE wins come the 6th.. then there's no way. However, IF (big if) the Phins can upset TB & BB next week.. then the AFC East title is off the Silver Platter for the Spygates.. because after what I saw tonight, this "defense" is the Great & Powerful Oz folks. (smoke and mirrors)

Bad grammar and lame Spygate joke aside, I can't disagree with any of this. That's why blowing the game against the Colts was so crucial...had the Pats won that one, last night's game would have almost become kind of a throwaway...as an out-of-conference loss, it wouldn't really have hurt them much. But once the Pats lost to the Colts, last night's game became far more important. Now the door is clearly open for the Jets and Dolphins...it hasn't been kicked open just yet, but Miami can really make things interesting if they win.

What I really don't like about the Pats is that they've become a stat-padding bully team. It's ironic...they've become the Colts of the early 2000s, and the Colts have become the Pats of the early 2000s. The Colts win their share of ugly games, but they ALWAYS find a way to get it done...just like the Pats used to. The Pats of the early 2000s didn't run it up on the Titans and the Bucs of the world for the sake of running it up. They worried about WINNING. And yeah, the D is smoke and mirrors...in their two biggest tests of the season, they basically got a "D+" (Colts) and "F-" (Saints).

Bad grammar and lame Spygate joke aside, I can't disagree with any of this. That's why blowing the game against the Colts was so crucial...had the Pats won that one, last night's game would have almost become kind of a throwaway...as an out-of-conference loss, it wouldn't really have hurt them much. But once the Pats lost to the Colts, last night's game became far more important. Now the door is clearly open for the Jets and Dolphins...it hasn't been kicked open just yet, but Miami can really make things interesting if they win.

What I really don't like about the Pats is that they've become a stat-padding bully team. It's ironic...they've become the Colts of the early 2000s, and the Colts have become the Pats of the early 2000s. The Colts win their share of ugly games, but they ALWAYS find a way to get it done...just like the Pats used to. The Pats of the early 2000s didn't run it up on the Titans and the Bucs of the world for the sake of running it up. They worried about WINNING. And yeah, the D is smoke and mirrors...in their two biggest tests of the season, they basically got a "D+" (Colts) and "F-" (Saints).

Exactly, the scariest thing is we have become the Colts of the 90's. We can't beat the great teams (Saints) or the good teams (colts etc) but we have no problem beating the medicore (dolphins) and awful teams (jets). I think the pats fall somewhere in between medicore and good which is just a sad place to be because all you get with that is a quick bounce from the playoffs if your lucky enough to get there.

Exactly, the scariest thing is we have become the Colts of the 90's. We can't beat the great teams (Saints) or the good teams (colts etc) but we have no problem beating the medicore (dolphins) and awful teams (jets). I think the pats fall somewhere in between medicore and good which is just a sad place to be because all you get with that is a quick bounce from the playoffs if your lucky enough to get there.

I think they'll get to the playoffs (I can't see them tanking enough to lose the AFC East), but they're looking like a #3 or #4 seed, and this team is just too soft on the road to win two road games if they can win their home wildcard game. The #2 seed is crucial to them having ANY chance to win a SB...they need that home game and that extra week of prep, and if they had to go back into Indy for the AFC Championship I'd give them a 30% chance or so of pulling it off.

What I don't like about bully teams, and never have, is that their beatdowns of bad teams bloat their numbers, and lead such teams to believe that they're better than they really are. The Pats right now are a classic bully team. The Pats have a terrific point differential and very good PF and PA numbers, but as we've seen, much of that was garnered in the 59-0 and 35-7 pastings of the Titans and Bucs. That defense will probably manage to give up something in the neighborhood of 280 points, which is quite good, but we both know this is NOT a big-time defense...and that D is now screwing up the offense, forcing them to take chances they shouldn't.

Why because they have one good player (Rice)... one streaky player (and let's not forget Kenny Britt's fumble and two drops as well) and a good O-line guy in O'Hara??

Really??

Let's slow down... it's bad enough the Rutgers bandwagon is infesting college :P

Miss. Valley State had Jerry Rice and Alcorn State had Steve McNair... let's call THEM legendary schools too....

Hell even DELAWARE had Joe Flacco AND Rich Gannon.... so gimme a break!!!!!!

Produce as many NFL GOOD pros as the Florida's, OSU's, Texas' and USC does... and THEN you can start chirping :P

You are a fool. RU is just starting to turn out the NFL guys in larger numbers now. Gary Brackett, LJ Smith, O'Hara were the bigger names before the newer faces of RU made it to the league. Brian Leonard, Ray Rice, Kenny Britt, Jason McCourty, Eric Foster, Darnell Stapleton of the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Steelers were the newest. They will continue to come out of Piscataway in numbers. Anthony Davis, a current member of the OL, is expected to be a TOP 10 NFL PICK. Sure they do not have the number of players at the traditional powerhouse schools YET. It will take time. Do your homework before you talk...

You are a fool. RU is just starting to turn out the NFL guys in larger numbers now. Gary Brackett, LJ Smith, O'Hara were the bigger names before the newer faces of RU made it to the league. Brian Leonard, Ray Rice, Kenny Britt, Jason McCourty, Eric Foster, Darnell Stapleton of the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Steelers were the newest. They will continue to come out of Piscataway in numbers. Anthony Davis, a current member of the OL, is expected to be a TOP 10 NFL PICK. Sure they do not have the number of players at the traditional powerhouse schools YET. It will take time. Do your homework before you talk...

You mean like sitting in those stands for three years like I did????

What does Stapleton do for the Steelers, change their cleats??? CMON, he's not even ON THE TEAM NOW... give me a break!!

This is that highbrown level of Rutgers "Oh we're awesome because we make, win and run the score up in a Toilet Bowl game" idiocy that makes me HATE THIS TEAM and everything about that smug little fanbase that thinks because they can be above .500 each year they're National Champion Contenders!

LJ Smith... average TE in the NFL

Brian Leonard... FRINGE PLAYER CUT BY THE WORST TEAM IN FOOTBALL...kinda telling for the second best back in the school's history :P

Eric Foster... ONE HALF SACK in his career on a Colts team DESPERATE for defense

I'll admit I don't know McCourty, but he's what maybe a nickel... dime... back?? I need to look more.....

Rice is good yeah....

But I'm a fool because I look at schools like OSU, Texas, USC... you know.. BIG TIME schools and see they churn out better players year after year after year....

Schools can produce rare star players not by design (Jerry Rice, McNair, Flacco)... but the big time schools do it year after year... after year...

why not win a Big East Title for once before you sniff the Kool-Aid like it's Gospel??

hell even CALLING IT Kool-Aid on this forum is offensive to THE REAL KOOL AID LOU SERVES!!!!

Get the fvck off your high holy ass and get back in the college thread where you BELONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leonard wasn't cut by the Rams, he got traded from them to Cinci (where he's a back-end roster players), but yeah calling Rutgers a football manufacturing dream is a stretch. They're certainly improving but I'd hardly put them in the upper echelon of schools as far as NFL talent. Their best QB in the pros was Ray Lucas :lol: Their best NFL defensive player, uh ???

Edited by Hasan4978

You mean like sitting in those stands for three years like I did????

What does Stapleton do for the Steelers, change their cleats??? CMON, he's not even ON THE TEAM NOW... give me a break!!

This is that highbrown level of Rutgers "Oh we're awesome because we make, win and run the score up in a Toilet Bowl game" idiocy that makes me HATE THIS TEAM and everything about that smug little fanbase that thinks because they can be above .500 each year they're National Champion Contenders!

LJ Smith... average TE in the NFL

Brian Leonard... FRINGE PLAYER CUT BY THE WORST TEAM IN FOOTBALL...kinda telling for the second best back in the school's history :P

Eric Foster... ONE HALF SACK in his career on a Colts team DESPERATE for defense

I'll admit I don't know McCourty, but he's what maybe a nickel... dime... back?? I need to look more.....

Rice is good yeah....

But I'm a fool because I look at schools like OSU, Texas, USC... you know.. BIG TIME schools and see they churn out better players year after year after year....

Schools can produce rare star players not by design (Jerry Rice, McNair, Flacco)... but the big time schools do it year after year... after year...

why not win a Big East Title for once before you sniff the Kool-Aid like it's Gospel??

hell even CALLING IT Kool-Aid on this forum is offensive to THE REAL KOOL AID LOU SERVES!!!!

Get the fvck off your high holy ass and get back in the college thread where you BELONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I never said that RU was on par with the big time powerhouses. It is obvious it will take some time to get there. They are moving in the right direction under Schiano. 2. Say what you want about Stapleton, he has a Super Bowl Championship ring. You have a high school class ring. 3. I never said they were National Championship contenders either. 4. Brian Leonard was more suited to be a fullback in the NFL. He does have great pass catching abilities that the Rams failed to utilize. He was not cut, he was traded to the Bengals. He has been a solid player and had a huge catch and run on 3rd down to keep the game winning drive alive late vs the Steelers. Keep putting words in my mouth and keep hating on Rutgers. In a few years from now they hopefully have a BE title to their credit. They will have many more players in the NFL and will be a program that consistently produces talent. You will still be a dude with internet muscles, hiding behind your keyboard. :cheers:

Edited by ThreeCups

1. I never said that RU was on par with the big time powerhouses. It is obvious it will take some time to get there. They are moving in the right direction under Schiano. 2. Say what you want about Stapleton, he has a Super Bowl Championship ring. You have a high school class ring. 3. I never said they were National Championship contenders either. 4. Brian Leonard was more suited to be a fullback in the NFL. He does have great pass catching abilities that the Rams failed to utilize. He was not cut, he was traded to the Bengals. He has been a solid player and had a huge catch and run on 3rd down to keep the game winning drive alive late vs the Steelers. Keep putting words in my mouth and keep hating on Rutgers. In a few years from now they hopefully have a BE title to their credit. They will have many more players in the NFL and will be a program that consistently produces talent. You will still be a dude with internet muscles, hiding behind your keyboard. :cheers:

1. they won't get there... it's the Big East

2. I never played HS, College or the NFL, so obviously my goals and aspirations for championships in life would be way different, so that's as foolishly as me saying he hasn't won a Ford's Cup and I have... whoo hooo, he never tried... but ok, so we talk about flexing internet muscles and go for lame cheap shots... hooray!

All I have to say about the NFL this week is, KENNY BRITT and RAY RICE! RUTGERS taking the NFL by storm...

3. and again, like I said...one borderline pro-bowler, and a guy who was just as easy the goat for fumbling the drive before (I watched this whole game.... did you?), for a guy who's been inconsistent and has the Braylon Edwards level of drops-ises (and I saw him drop many a pass in college.... Teel was a better QB then he got credit for because his WR's were stiffs.... you know like that other star Underwood, who was cut before pre-season ended right B ) ??)

4. Again, ONE big play does not a key player on the team make (ask David Tyree about that :P)

Having a light sprinkling of players in the NFL, still doesn't make them ANYWHERE near close to being a credible college school for developing NFL talent... I only thought that was the whole point of that

....nothing like having facts shown at you (albeit in an angry fashion, I was quite happy to have the RU-smug-zone out of my life... and a 200 mile drive for work will piss anyone off)... but it still doesn't dismiss the fact that you're seriously overrating your program because you sit in the lil student section 6 (or 7... I don't remember anymore, thank God) times a year!

Edited by CRASHER

1. they won't get there... it's the Big East

2. I never played HS, College or the NFL, so obviously my goals and aspirations for championships in life would be way different, so that's as foolishly as me saying he hasn't won a Ford's Cup and I have... whoo hooo, he never tried... but ok, so we talk about flexing internet muscles and go for lame cheap shots... hooray!

3. and again, like I said...one borderline pro-bowler, and a guy who was just as easy the goat for fumbling the drive before (I watched this whole game.... did you?), for a guy who's been inconsistent and has the Braylon Edwards level of drops-ises (and I saw him drop many a pass in college.... Teel was a better QB then he got credit for because his WR's were stiffs.... you know like that other star Underwood, who was cut before pre-season ended right B ) ??)

4. Again, ONE big play does not a key player on the team make (ask David Tyree about that :P)

Having a light sprinkling of players in the NFL, still doesn't make them ANYWHERE near close to being a credible college school for developing NFL talent... I only thought that was the whole point of that

....nothing like having facts shown at you (albeit in an angry fashion, I was quite happy to have the RU-smug-zone out of my life... and a 200 mile drive for work will piss anyone off)... but it still doesn't dismiss the fact that you're seriously overrating your program because you sit in the lil student section 6 (or 7... I don't remember anymore, thank God) times a year!

Borderline Pro Bowler? Rice will probably make it this year, and he has stiff competition in the AFC. If he was in the NFC he would be a shoe in. (EDIT: Here are Ray's stats this year. Only 821 rushing yards and 6 TDs to go with 582 receiving yards and another TD. 1,403 ALL PURPOSE YARDS AND 7 TOUCHDOWNS THROUGH 11 GAMES. Season Projections: 1,194 rushing yards and 847 receiving yards for a WHOPPING 2,040 ALL PURPOSE YARDS and 10 TOUCHDOWNS! Is this not AMAZING?) Chris Johnson, Jones-Drew, and Thomas Jones are having big years. Britt just as easy the goat? Good players make errors sometimes and atone for them. I saw the fumble on the drive before, and that was a rookie mistake of not knowing there was a defender coming from behind. He was fighting for extra yardage after he got up off the ground. Britt had a huge catch over a defender on 4th down deep in their end on the game winning drive, and then obviously the game winner with no time left. Again, you have some Rutgers hatred stemming from somewhere else I am not sure. I never brought up Underwood, I knew he was overrated. Someone wearing a Rutgers hat and/or shirt must have kicked your ass at a bar or something. You will see more and more Scarlet Knights in the NFL in the near future. As much as you want to discredit all that is Rutgers, you cannot dispute evidence. The evidence will be more and more players from Schiano's program going pro. Deal with it. I am not comparing them to a Miami or Oklahoma, but they are well on their way to being more of a fixture in the overall picture.

Edited by ThreeCups

Borderline Pro Bowler? Rice will probably make it this year, and he has stiff competition in the AFC.

So wouldn't that by your own admission be a borderline Pro Bowler? :noclue:

As much as you want to discredit all that is Rutgers, you cannot dispute evidence. The evidence will be more and more players from Schiano's program going pro. Deal with it. I am not comparing them to a Miami or Oklahoma, but they are well on their way to being more of a fixture in the overall picture.

winner.

...the debate was Rutgers turning out NFL players recently. (in which you named 10 off the top of your head) Not really sure how it turned into; "Who's Probowl type player(s) -vs- who isn't. :noclue:

.... on to something more relevant.... very sad that Jamal Lewis' career is going to end with such a sad whimper with him being put on IR today.....it's always sad when a player retires from injury... but the way he ran... he deserved better

(and again that ball of douche Mangini doesn't even acknowledge it!!!)

So wouldn't that by your own admission be a borderline Pro Bowler? :noclue:

Not borderline. If 4 guys had 5,000 yard rushing seasons from the same conference in the same season (never happen just using as an example), obviously 1 would be left out. The guy left out would not be a "borderline Pro Bowler" to anyone. In this case, several guys are having Pro Bowl years. It is voted on so the most deserving players may not necessarily be in the game. That is just how it works. Like I said, it is unfortunate for AFC players that 4 of the top 6 or so backs are all in the AFC.

winner.

...the debate was Rutgers turning out NFL players recently. (in which you named 10 off the top of your head) Not really sure how it turned into; "Who's Probowl type player(s) -vs- who isn't. :noclue:

I was not sure about that either, but regardless Rice is putting up Pro Bowl numbers for sure.

.... on to something more relevant.... very sad that Jamal Lewis' career is going to end with such a sad whimper with him being put on IR today.....it's always sad when a player retires from injury... but the way he ran... he deserved better

(and again that ball of douche Mangini doesn't even acknowledge it!!!)

Jamal was a monster AFTER he got some steam. Thankful for his SUPERBOWL contribution.

I know he hated Mangini and I am sure that was what was forcing him to retire prior to the injury.