Rooting Interests Thread

PaDevsFan

I saw this on the nj.com boards, a really cool way to track how everyone is doing, and we can do it on a daily basis. It gives a good indication of where we are and what we have to do.

Every time a team wins = no change, OTL = -1, Loss = -2 from the max pts a team can get at the moment.

Team ---- GR --- PTS (Max)

Sabres -- 17 --- 106 (4 Losses)

Canes --- 16 --- 103 (2.5 Losses)

Rangers - 14 --- 102 (2 Losses)

Leafs --- 16 ---- 99 (.5 Losses)

Devils -- 17 ---- 98

We could keep rolling this on a daily basis keep track of how far we are in the overall possible points.

Agreed. Simple way to break it all down.

Edited by mmajeski06

The Rags remaining schedule.

Bold = current playoff teams

• @ Ducks
  • @ Sharks
  • vs Isles
  • vs Habs
  • @ Pens
  • vs Panthers
  • vs Sens
  • @ Bruins
  • @ Sabres
  • @ Isles
  • @ Flyers
  • vs Bruins
  • vs Thrashers
  • vs Devils

The Canes remaining schedule

• vs Thrashers
  • @ Caps
  • vs Blue Jackets
  • @ Sabres
  • vs Maple Leafs
  • vs Islanders
  • vs Sens
  • @ Lightning
  • vs Lightning
  • @ Caps
  • vs Habs
  • @ Isles
  • vs Sabres
  • vs Red Wings
  • @ Thrashers
  • vs Lighnting

Meh. The schedules aren't tough nor easy for both teams. But we have 3 games in hand on the Rags, and 1 game in hand on the Canes. The same can be said for Buffalo.

The isles might not be a playoff team but they have become tough to play against and those games wont be pushover games for wither team either...

If we keep winning there is at least a chance we can complete this miracle!!!

The isles might not be a playoff team but they have become tough to play against and those games wont be pushover games for wither team either...

If we keep winning there is at least a chance we can complete this miracle!!!

Agree. NYR actually have 3 more tough games besides the ones in bold...2 against NYI and one vs us. So they pretty much have 4 "easy" games, that's it

Edited by cubanjd305

The Rags remaining schedule.

• @ Ducks
  • @ Sharks
  • vs Isles
  • vs Habs
  • @ Pens
  • vs Panthers
  • vs Sens
  • @ Bruins
  • @ Sabres
  • @ Isles
  • @ Flyers
  • vs Bruins
  • vs Thrashers
  • vs Devils

The Canes remaining schedule

• vs Thrashers
  • @ Caps
  • vs Blue Jackets
  • @ Sabres
  • vs Maple Leafs
  • vs Islanders
  • vs Sens
  • @ Lightning
  • vs Lightning
  • @ Caps
  • vs Habs
  • @ Isles
  • vs Sabres
  • vs Red Wings
  • @ Thrashers
  • vs Lighnting

Meh. The schedules aren't tough nor easy for both teams. But we have 3 games in hand on the Rags, and 1 game in hand on the Canes. The same can be said for Buffalo.

Hey the Islanders are playing BETTER than the Flyers, and possibly the bolts and Pens right now! they are not an easy win,

I think Risky has the right of it. On the bright side that keeps the pressure off. There is no dark side. Right mow Flyers have to try to brush this minor choke job off. I don't envy them at all. If all they get is we screwed the Devils from the losing. Well that's ... Well pretty weak sauce as Triumph says!

I also think 90 wont cut it. 92 - 93

Well 90 can very well be enough. Assuming if all the teams ahead of us play at their current pace, 90 will be enough. But that most likely will not happen. We're currently sitting at a .492 points percentage which paces us out at 81 points. A birdie tells me we'll surpass that number hopefully. Unless the Rangers get hot, I think they'll fall out of the playoffs. So using pace is not really the best indicator of where each team will finish. But looking at this from an analytical point of view, none of the contending teams made a significant trade or have shown any significant improvement. The Sabres went 18-18-5 in their first 41 games, and since then are 15-7-3. They're the only team I would say have been playing well the past month and a half. The Canes, Leafs, and Rags have been mediocre for the most part. The Thrashers have been bad. So I give it a 65% probability that 90 points will be enough.

7th Rangers: 54.4 PTS% = 89 points

8th Sabres: 55.4 PTS% = 91 points

9th Hurricanes: 53.8 PTS% = 88 points

10th Maple Leafs: 50.8 PTS% = 83 points

11th Thrashers: 49.2 PTS% = 81 points

Edited by Korean Kid 23

All the Devils have to do is lose 2.5 fewer games than the Canes and 2 fewer games than the Rangers. Doesn't seem that crazy when you put it that way. I'm predicting Sabres 7 and Devils 8. Canes and Rags miss.

We can get up to 91 points without having to go on crazy winning streaks. We can lose up to 3 regulation losses and 1 OT loss, and still get 91 points.

Win 3 lose 1

Win 3 lose 1

Win 3 lose 1

Win 3 lose 1

Win 1

A couple more big ones tonight.

We beat Ottawa

Need Pitt to beat Buffalo at home

Need Isles to step up and take the Leafs out at home tonight

if these happen we will pass Atlanta to move into 11th 1 point behind Toronto for 10th with still a game in hand on them

We would also move within 5 of the Canes for 9th and only 6 back of #8 Buffalo.

These games are big tonight!!

please no 3 point games!!