Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

The Rock 07, what time did you go to Arena Bar? We got to Newark around 1 or 2 p.m. and the place was locked up tight. We were planning on bar hopping but ended up just hanging out at Scully's (ain't nothing wrong with that). Also, were you sitting in 225? I was too. Sitting next to the obnoxious kid with the horn. I apologize if you were one of the six people he forced to move :whistling:

DevilsIslandersPreseason10-3-08012.jpg

Thanks for all the pics. I love the Player banners. I assume they are new (at least since my last game). Last year i thought there was way way way too much white space everywhere in that place. Almost looked like an insane asylum. But looks really good now.

I don't have any faith that the player statue will up by opening night, and Brick City looks way more than 2 weeks to go. But what do I know.

I'll be their opening night and hitting Scullys, The Arena Bar and The Goal Bar (all for the first time). See you there.

Thanks for all the pics. I love the Player banners. I assume they are new (at least since my last game). Last year i thought there was way way way too much white space everywhere in that place. Almost looked like an insane asylum. But looks really good now.

I don't have any faith that the player statue will up by opening night, and Brick City looks way more than 2 weeks to go. But what do I know.

I'll be their opening night and hitting Scullys, The Arena Bar and The Goal Bar (all for the first time). See you there.

Those player banners need to be updated. You can see in the pic that Arron Asham is still up. They also still have Vish up there and Brookbank's still has his old sweater #8. They were up earlier this summer at the draft party. They were up to date at the time.

The Rock 07, what time did you go to Arena Bar? We got to Newark around 1 or 2 p.m. and the place was locked up tight. We were planning on bar hopping but ended up just hanging out at Scully's (ain't nothing wrong with that). Also, were you sitting in 225? I was too. Sitting next to the obnoxious kid with the horn. I apologize if you were one of the six people he forced to move :whistling:

I got there around 6. I was actually in section 17, got tickets from a friend who couldn't use them. I was in 225 about 20 min before gametime and then was standing in the area right below CJ during the National Anthem and during the first three or so minutes of the game. I'm going again tonight and on Opening Night too.

I got there around 6. I was actually in section 17, got tickets from a friend who couldn't use them. I was in 225 about 20 min before gametime and then was standing in the area right below CJ during the National Anthem and during the first three or so minutes of the game. I'm going again tonight and on Opening Night too.

Oh OK, I wonder if Arena Bar just opens up later in the afternoon. Good to know. I'll be there for Opening Night.

This might be slightly OT from the main topic of the thread because it has to do with stuff going on inside the arena, but I figured I'd throw it in here. I noticed that at least two of the Tastes of Newark stands went out of business. The one at the end opposite Jimmy Buffs, which I think was Portuguese and the one next to it which was named King's I think, are gone. The end stand is now a bbq place, which means I no longer have to trek all the way downstairs for my sandwich any more. The one next to that just sells candy and drinks now. Hobby's and Jimmy Buff's remain.

CJ also mentioned on hfboards that they're opening a Boardwalk stand (cheesesteaks, sausage & peppers, zeppole, funnel cakes, lemonade, etc.) on the upper concourse as well, now making it official...I have absolutely no reason to go down to the lower concourse any more.

As for the switch to Pepsi, it's making me nervous because they now only carry Boylan's Birch Beer at the stands, and if that gets phased out, I'm going to have to show my rage and write a very angry letter.

I apologize for nothing.

honk-onyellow.gif

How are you liking NHLNet L-Money? Did you catch the Devils/Flyers 95 Classic Series?

Edited by ILikeItVeryMuch

I apologize for nothing.

honk-onyellow.gif

How are you liking NHLNet L-Money? Did you catch the Devils/Flyers 95 Classic Series?

haha It's the sickest thing ever. Watched the '95 Devils/Flyers series recap show thingy and thought I was in heaven for about an hour. Welcome to the site, BTW. You honkity honky honkin SOB.

Edit: FYI, to be an official keeper of something, you've gotta get it OKed by ThreeStars in the keeper thread over in the Heaven forum. But if anyone should keep unwavering obnoxiousness, it is you, my friend. Baby's sleepin.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

haha It's the sickest thing ever. Watched the '95 Devils/Flyers series recap show thingy and thought I was in heaven for about an hour. Welcome to the site, BTW. You honkity honky honkin SOB.

Edit: FYI, to be an official keeper of something, you've gotta get it OKed by ThreeStars in the keeper thread over in the Heaven forum. But if anyone should keep unwavering obnoxiousness, it is you, my friend. Baby's sleepin.

What do you mean a Peter Pan Peanut Butter Alert?

Any news on when the Brick City Bar and Grill is supposed to open?

The last preseason game I walked past there and they were still under construction. One of the guys there told me it will be open on or around the holidays. So that could be either the end of November or December. It looked no where near done.

Got this from Mr.Krinkle at HF Boards:

So I heard on WFAN's broadcast on the way home today, Matt mention something about them setting up pregame near the Gameday Auctions stuff....one of the things they would have set up is the new "Rant Booth'.....where you can record your rant and if its good enough, they'll air it on the pregame show or show it in the arena during breaks.

And then a reply from Devils86...

I was at the circus on Sat and yes they are building a two tier multi media something...right where the game day stuff was...lt had multiple Tvs a air hockey ,bubble hockey game and computer kiosks...(both Philly and Boston has this)looks as if the game day part is moving to the right of the escalator as you come in.

This sounds really cool. This was the first thing that I realized that the arena was missing, a games area. I hope its up and running on Friday. Thanks Mr.Vanderbeek for listening to us fans! :clap:

This sounds really cool. This was the first thing that I realized that the arena was missing, a games area. I hope its up and running on Friday. Thanks Mr.Vanderbeek for listening to us fans! :clap:

They had a Tockey table for the home opener, it's kind of awesome that they're going to be expanding that whole deal. I love it.

We need to get puckrock into the rant booth, see if one of his trademark 2MA style rants can make it to the Devils pregame or something, hah.

wait where is this stuff gonna be?

The Yankees and Cowboys' new concession company will be headquartered out of Newark.

The Devils are currently with centerplate which provides them with concessions and merchandise. They are in financial turmoil, so it wouldn't suprise me if the Devils left their deal and joined Legends (the new cowboys/yankess company). The Devils have had a relationship with the Yankees before, and Lou and George are both Old time new york sports figures.

The Devils are currently with centerplate which provides them with concessions and merchandise. They are in financial turmoil, so it wouldn't suprise me if the Devils left their deal and joined Legends (the new cowboys/yankess company). The Devils have had a relationship with the Yankees before, and Lou and George are both Old time new york sports figures.

That may very well happen with Centerplate in a world of financial problems. Vanderbeek is probably on this issue already.

That may very well happen with Centerplate in a world of financial problems. Vanderbeek is probably on this issue already.
As long as they dont get rid of those Italian Hot Dogs, Mrs Fields, Carvel, and those Zeppoles! :ph34r: