Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Yes?  I mean - you could just ask the question yourself - what do you think the Devils would/could/should pay Briere if they got him, rather then rely on this guy, who almost certainly has no sources whatsoever.  Then you've got people saying 'Ooh, we're gonna get Briere at that price?'  etc.  It lends the discussion an air of certainty it shouldn't have.  I mean like I've been saying, it will be years over dollars for a lot of these guys, so that's not totally unreasonable, but it seems pretty unlikely.

Who cares? This argument comes up every year on here.

Its speculation and regardless of the chance of them being true or not is besides the point. Everything doesnt have to be black and white to be discussed or speculated on a damn forum.

Who cares? This argument comes up every year on here.

Its speculation and regardless of the chance of them being true or not is besides the point. Everything doesnt have to be black and white to be discussed or speculated on a damn forum.

Would you believe it if some random guy off the street just start spouting that he "heard" things? 

I think everyone pretty much agrees to just laugh off what Єklund (2.3% accurate) makes up but the twitter no names are even worse, track record wise.

Would you believe it if some random guy off the street just start spouting that he "heard" things? 

I think everyone pretty much agrees to just laugh off what Єklund (2.3% accurate) makes up but the twitter no names are even worse, track record wise.

I dont think anyone disagrees with you about Єklund (2.3% accurate), but your first statement is ridiculous.

Speculation and fantasy are part of the allure of these next few days. What will we do? Whats a realistic potential contract?

This isnt TSN.

Some posters on this forum act like they are a panelist on The McLaughlin Group. Sheesh. The speculation is part of the fun. After all, hockey is a game and games are supposed to be fun.  :dizzy:

There should be more rational people like you on the internet. I dig your style. :cheers:

I could not agree more. It's really fun to get excited about any deals, especially when it effects the Devils. All we can do is sit back, (try to) relax and enjoy the show because that is all this is. A big fun show!

I dont think anyone disagrees with you about Єklund (2.3% accurate), but your first statement is ridiculous.

Speculation and fantasy are part of the allure of these next few days. What will we do? Whats a realistic potential contract?

This isnt TSN.

But posting "The Devils have offered this" isn't speculation or fantasy, it's making stuff up. 

I don't care if people want to speculate or fantasize about things, it's just silly to post some nobodies made up BS to get twitter hits and acting like that's a fun place to start discussions.

How is reposting some random twitter accounts statement about something different than me saying I heard a statement from a stranger on the street?

But posting "The Devils have offered this" isn't speculation or fantasy, it's making stuff up. 

I don't care if people want to speculate or fantasize about things, it's just silly to post some nobodies made up BS to get twitter hits and acting like that's a fun place to start discussions.

How is reposting some random twitter accounts statement about something different than me saying I heard a statement from a stranger on the street?

Where was "the Devils have offered this" posted without stating that it was a rumor beforehand by anyone here? Where has anyone in this thread put any real stock into the information? I'm not even the first to mention the same BS that's being discussed here.

The links are provided to show the source, as its requested at the bottom of every page. You can choose to click it or not, last I heard clicking a single Tweet do not accumulate or give that tweeter any sort of boost as a webpage does. Whether the source has weight or not is up to the reader to decide. I personally don't put any real stock into any of them, however, I think rumors no matter whether they're from you or McKenzie, or Twitter Rumor Guy #373 are a good starting point to discuss/fantasize. They're not posted as news or anything of that sort.

Is 3 yrs/7 million a realistic # for Briere? I would say he will likely get more, but if that # was true Id think it'd be a great contract.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) gets mocked because he has no credibility, using him as a jump off point for discussion is silly.

Using Arthur Staple or TG is a decent place to start off a discussion, otherwise you might as well just state your own opinion or say I want to talk about something.

Is 3 yrs/7 million a realistic # for Briere? I would say he will likely get more, but if that # was true Id think it'd be a great contract.

Exactly, you're analyzing a statement from someone who just made this up out of thin air.  It just leads to pointless clutter.  I'd rather hear what you think about Briere than what some persons made up twitter guess.

Some posters on this forum act like they are a panelist on The McLaughlin Group. Sheesh. The speculation is part of the fun. After all, hockey is a game and games are supposed to be fun.  :dizzy:

Exactly even if something is just a rumour based on nothing at worst if its bringing discussions and people saying what they would think of that deal if true and everything. Thats all fun. Some posters here are really too tight ass and act as if they own the place lol ridiculous

Exactly, you're analyzing a statement from someone who just made this up out of thin air.  It just leads to pointless clutter.  I'd rather hear what you think about Briere than what some persons made up twitter guess.

WTF is wrong with that? I dont see how its "clutter" if we're taking the rumor and discussing whether or not it could be factual. And IMO, the rumored # is exactly what I would want it to be except for the third year. 

If I posted "I want to see Weiss signed for 5 years/20 million". That just came out of my ass. I would then hope that other members would agree/disagree as to whether that was a fair offer or not. No one is taking rumors as gospel. Its a discussion basis. Whether its from you or some random on the internet. It's not pushing the idea that this rumor guy is true or not. That is irrelevant to the whole point here. 

Whats clutter is people who dont like rumor discussion arguing about it with people who enjoy speculation/fantasy on a forum where there's no rule against it in common threads like this. An argument that occurs every damn year!

I get it, when a stranger tells you guys something that you know is likely a lie you want to discuss it with your friends.  It's ok, you're free to do that and I'm free to tell you I think it's a waste and silly.

Edited by Devils731

I get it, when a stranger on the street tells you guys something that you know is likely a lie you want to discuss it with your friends.  It's ok, you're free to do that and I'm free to tell you I think it's a waste and silly.

Yea, b/c a wackjob on the street is exactly the same as discussing hockey transactions lol. Never change, 731. Same head up the same ass. In politics and in life.

Back to RUMORS!

Ponikarovsky to the KHL?

Ruslan Fedotenko (IHP) and Alexei Ponikarovsky (NJD) leave the NHL to join the KHL and Donbass Donetsk.

Edited by ghdi

Hearing Devils on the verge of signing Clarkson for 7 years and $49 million. Source is my twitter. Now waste your time and discuss:

i'll bite on purpose and prove that i dont care about the sources since were just discussing numbers. so there you go...

7m per season is way too much, he's crazy.

here... im feeling fine, i dont hate the world cause i lost 20 seconds of my life replying to it and it gave an opinion on a subject who could bring up another discussion which is what were here for.. where's the fuss?

WTF is wrong with that? I dont see how its "clutter" if we're taking the rumor and discussing whether or not it could be factual. And IMO, the rumored # is exactly what I would want it to be except for the third year. 

If I posted "I want to see Weiss signed for 5 years/20 million". That just came out of my ass. I would then hope that other members would agree/disagree as to whether that was a fair offer or not. No one is taking rumors as gospel. Its a discussion basis. Whether its from you or some random on the internet. It's not pushing the idea that this rumor guy is true or not. That is irrelevant to the whole point here. 

Whats clutter is people who dont like rumor discussion arguing about it with people who enjoy speculation/fantasy on a forum where there's no rule against it in common threads like this. An argument that occurs every damn year!

The problem is that you and I understand that and some people do not.  This inevitably turns into a game of telephone where weeks later, people wonder why Lou didn't sign Briere to that deal he supposedly had on the table. 

The problem is that you and I understand that and some people do not.  This inevitably turns into a game of telephone where weeks later, people wonder why Lou didn't sign Briere to that deal he supposedly had on the table. 

Ive never been under the impression that a Twitter-like wildfire hivemind occurs on here or disregarded this possibility. I guess I put too much stock into the intelligence of our members to differentiate between speculation and tangible rumors.

Edited by ghdi

I need Danny briere on my team for one reason and one reason only. My ex girlfriend was a huge flyers fan and had three jerseys. Richards, carter and briere. Briere coming to nj would be a wonderful finish. Voodoo dolls do work my friends.