NJ Devils officialy offers a contract to Saku Koivu

SS-SS

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koivu is a pipedream. Start thinking more Robert Lang in a cheap 1 year deal or maybe even Mike Comrie.

Not really. The Devils actually offered Koivu a contract, so it's not like some irrational fans screaming "sign Sedins/Bouwmeester/Hossa". All we can do now is wait.

BTW, guys, are there going to be any signings today or are the GMs and agents taking a day off due to July 4th?

I really don't think a long term deal with Koivu interferes with Martins contract, it just means Lou needs to do GM things to keep him. Teams shed salary in one way or another all the time, they even did it before the cap I am not worried.

That said, while I think he would be a most welcome addition, I don't think it happens, we forget their are lots of other teams trying to improve before next season starts and they are less stringent with their purse strings, for better or worse.

I guess someone's got a story, but via Spector, Kovalev's agent says that the NJ Devils never offered a contract and are not amongst the 5/6/ teams left biddin gfor his services....

Hmmmm.....

Spector's Theories

Didn't think we were....

I don't think we we'e. I think this is just an idiotic article.

Edited by GOLDJR41

I've been interning at a roller hockey rink in Edison, and every day I hear a guy from Staten Island complain about New Jersey's pizza. Next one is going to get smacked.

Staten Island Guy just probably isn't used to toppings like pepperoni and sausage. He's probably more accustomed to AquaNet and garbage.

I guess someone's got a story, but via Spector, Kovalev's agent says that the NJ Devils never offered a contract and are not amongst the 5/6/ teams left biddin gfor his services....

That's good. Not only is he a right winger (and we have plenty of those, that's why we let Gionta go), he's also old and inconsistent. If Lou wants to bring a forward, he should go after a center (and we know he is going).

I just home Devils sign him but i wonder if all that Zajac arbitration story will affect the negotiations because

Lou won't be able to know how much money he has in bank

We have a little over 12 million in cap space and Lou sounded pretty content to do nothing else after we signed the dude from Finland, so I don't know if Zajac's arb hearing will really factor too heavily. I know Lou is concerned about the cap drop next season but whatever Koivu makes + whatever Zajac wins in arb isn't going to come close to making up 12 million dollars.

David Krecji of the Bruins just signed a contract as an RFA worth 3.75 mil a year. So I can't see Zajac exceeding that much in arb.

Staten Island Guy just probably isn't used to toppings like pepperoni and sausage. He's probably more accustomed to AquaNet and garbage.

I hate to say .. Connecticut -- specifically New Haven pizza is the best Pizza in the country hands down. Hands down no contest :noclue: NJ pizza is amazingly awfully -- it runs a close second to pizza hut or shakey's even! It's doughy and the sauce is just off....like it's from a can. You might get lucky if you have a brick oven place... but pretty much folks -- NJ pizza really does suck. You might as well be in the Midwest -- seriously.

Edited by Pepperkorn

I hate to say .. Connecticut -- specifically New Haven pizza is the best Pizza in the country hands down. Hands down no contest :noclue: NJ pizza is amazingly awfully -- it runs a close second to pizza hut or shakey's even! It's doughy and the sauce is just off....like it's from a can. You might get lucky if you have a brick oven place... but pretty much folks -- NJ pizza really does suck. You might as well be in the Midwest -- seriously.

LIAR! How could you say such mean and hurtful things?! :evilcry:

Best pizza I ever had was in San Diego believe it or not.

Depends on where you go. Around me, Pat's in Pt. Pleasant or P.J.'s in Brick are pretty awesome. Federici's in Freehold might be the best thin-crust on the planet. Aside from them, it's a crap shoot.

Holy crap! A redheaded woodpecker! He's much bigger than I expected! I've never seen one! I thought they were full of it when they said they had one next door because there are red bellied all over... how cute!

Sorry -- forgot what thread I was in :blush: OH! I already ruined this thread with pizza talk... sorry guys!

Hmm.. pizza in San Diego... I've never been there. But I did like this place called Island pizza on Sanibel - the crust was like a cracker... :unsure: I think I've posted this here before.

Depends on where you go. Around me, Pat's in Pt. Pleasant or P.J.'s in Brick are pretty awesome. Federici's in Freehold might be the best thin-crust on the planet. Aside from them, it's a crap shoot.

NY has the best pizza, specifically on Long Island and some places in the city, sorry but upstate doesnt count cause theirs sucks. its impossible not to find a good pizza place on long island, or bagels for that matter

we have dominos, and pizza hut but their the worst pizza on LI

Whereabouts in SD, if you remember?

I have a strong affinity for that city, even though I've only been once. Three separate trips to Cali, to three separate cities, and SD was by far my favorite.

I'm an old San Diegan myself. It's called Del Mar Pizza, right by the beach. The guy that used to own it was named Tony and he was from NYC. I suspect he doesnt run it anymore however, he was already old, so it may not be the same nowadays. Of course, for the real SD treat, it's Rubios for fish tacos or Robertos for rolled tacos.

Pizza Hut on Rt 9 North after the Mall because it's still open after 25 years.

Vesuvio Belmar

Federici's Freehold

Vic's Bradley Beach

Not pizza but real quick:

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/m440-p33.aspx

I was reliving my past and driving down Ocean Ave with my mother, father, my uncles and aunts who grew up living, working and putting themselves through school at St.Peters and St. Francis in Altoona PA.

All of them lived at Jerry Lynch's, also the Sea Girt in and the Byrne Boys and then would hit Sideroffs at 19th Ave and Ocean Ave for the best hot dogs on the shore.