coldply123

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We played Carolina. Thats why.

bingo.

Hale is not as terrible as many make him out to be. He's a rookie and is making mistakes that would be expected of a rookie (especially one that missed so much college time).

I've seen enough to believe that he will be a solid #3 defenseman for a good team in the future.

Well, DR, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. coldply is right on the money. Had Hale played, he would have been -4 and Carolina would have won the game 5-4. I base this simply on the fact that he has played 54 games and has been -4 in all of them, putting him at -216 for the season.

I guess Optimism is the flavor of the month.........

I dont care if Hale may be good........the fact is he has played poorly as of late and his inability to get physical or clear rebounds has cost at least two games the last week, and about four the last two and half weeks.......And thats just him......

We are getting another defenseman, whether people agree with it or not.......And the odd man out will be Hale.........

Hale has been the weak link on defense, and hes been getting exploited constantly, and his +/- is absorbed by the fact he has the greatest goalie in the world behind him......

Hale does pretty much suck...

we as Devils fans have been "sold" on how Hale is the future and he will be this great Defenceman...

well he is costing the team wins, he may develop into a good D-man but for now he is a good bargaining chip for Lou and I would not be surprised if he is used while his value is still high...

There is a good chance Hale will be trade bait, and I don't have a problem with that...

at this point Ray Giroux from the Rats would be more solid D than Hale...

plus he has that nasty kidney disease that at any time could rear it's ugly head and snuff out his career...

either way, you gotta trust Lou...he's a genius...

Jeez........Hale is 22 years old and never played a game in Albany, and after 50-60 games or so in the NHL you guys are sold on the fact that he sucks???? Are you serious? If he's included in a trade that brings the Devils some defensive help it might work out in the short term, but Hale will be a good defenseman in this league, and then you will be second guessing Lou just like with Mitchell and Souray.

I'd like to give a guy more than a bloody year to get situated. We still lead the league in fewest goals-against, right? He's still on our team, right?

I think he's coming along fine.

You know what I find hilarious is trade talk about Odelein. The NHL Live guys LOVE saying this should be the Devils first option. (Oh well, after Boughner and Zhamnov went elsewhere they had nothing to talk about.) As a veteran presence, I can understand him helping a team. As a defenseman, I don't want him anywhere near my team. Included in the lot I can count on one hand of former Devils whose game I don't respect.

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

I must be watching a different guy than you are. Hale will be just fine. He hasn't been bad at all for a rookie. Hell, Pronger and Jovanovski were both WORSE their first years. Brown is the weak link, and he's been paired with Hale for a while now. Give the kid a chance, will ya? :blink:

I have to agree with J-Mac and Triumph here. As Devils fans we are spoiled by a near flawless defense every year. Hell, last year we took a 1st pairing defenseman, stuck him on the 3rd pairing, then benched him. Of course Hale is making mistakes, he's a young defenseman. Have people forgotten the early years of Colin White? Do you realized how many times Ken Daneyko was bounced back down to the minors? Usually Only superstar defensemen have a smooth transfer, Martin is a big exception (I think he will be a star, not a superstar).

Hale isn't even a minus on the team.....

14:48 minutes per game

4 assists

+3

61 PIM

54 games

I am honestly laughing at some of you. You don't realize how lucky you are to have scouting like this.

Daneyko last year

15:36 minutes per game

2 goals

7 assists

+6

33 PIM

69 games

Jason.....it seems like people expected Hale to step in this year and be a Scott Stevens clone. This became even more pronounced when Stevens went down. Still, he has had a very solid rookie year IMO and I don't understand why everyone thinks Hale is so expendable. I'd rather have him in the lineup come playoff time than Brown.

Jason.....it seems like people expected Hale to step in this year and be a Scott Stevens clone. This became even more pronounced when Stevens went down. Still, he has had a very solid rookie year IMO and I don't understand why everyone thinks Hale is so expendable. I'd rather have him in the lineup come playoff time than Brown.

Exactly....Defensive Defensmen usually take 3 years in the NHL to start to shine....its a little harder for Hale to adapt to his style then Martin who doesn't use hitting as a part of his game. I think Hale is adapting quite well to the NHL and he may have been the best dmen in the Leafs game. As much as people want to blame the Habs game on him, it was Niedermayer's damn stupid elbow/butend that cost the devils the game.

No we expected him to play hockey.

Paul Martin is playing awesome.

And we expected Hale to play up to that par, or better.

And he's not, so trading him for a realistic cup run, to me, seems like the right thing to do.

I don't want a rental though, I want somebody that can do something for us for a long time, rather than just a veteran D only there to get his name engraved.