Fraser files for salary arbitration again

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Personally I do believe that this can have it's own thread.. DM isn't paying by the thread and this is Devils news so it deserves to be separate from the general NHL offseason hoopla where "Carcillo signs with CHI" should be relegated to..

On topic, I can't believe this goon rode the bench for what seemed like the entire last half of the season (save a few games) and he might be on our team again.. He got his break being called up to the NHL and did alright, and he even got lucky taking less money to be guaranteed a full NHL season last year.. But please, we know what his ability is and Lemaire made it pretty clear when he took over that Fraser should be a spectator like every other hockey fan and save the playing for the athletes who have the talent to be there

The wannabe mods would do well to read these posts from two members who have been here since the beginning (and Colin, who hasn't been here quite as long):

i think both eckford and fraser deserve their own threads. still convinced that lou asked fraser to apply for arbitration so he could get that 2nd buyout period.

I still disagree with the offseason thread... it use to be we had it for busy periods like July 1 and the trade deadline; but anything about individual Devils got their own threads...

I know I'm not alone in that I don't bother reading the all-in-one thread because its too long with too many subjects. But basically that thread has the thread supporters just spamming "who cares!!!!", "its in the offseason thread!!!!" rather than discussing what little news we have about the Devs right now.

agreed. These signings always got one in the past.

The free agency thread should really be for non-devils related conversation if anything

Personally I do believe that this can have it's own thread.. DM isn't paying by the thread and this is Devils news so it deserves to be separate from the general NHL offseason hoopla where "Carcillo signs with CHI" should be relegated to..

Point is, not everyone who didn't fall off the boat yesterday agrees on this. Devils news has always warranted separate mention from any league-wide aggregate threads, regardless of how insignificant it might be.

The wannabe mods would do well to read these posts from two members who have been here since the beginning (and Colin, who hasn't been here quite as long):

-----

Point is, not everyone who didn't fall off the boat yesterday agrees on this. Devils news has always warranted separate mention from any league-wide aggregate threads, regardless of how insignificant it might be.

Feels like I've been here forever :lol:

-----

I meant to say this same bottom part in my post.. I was giving my opinion based on the way things have run since I joined

Edited by Colin226

Agreed, i thought as in past years we would have Devils signings/news in their own threads and everything else going on around the league in a big thread :noclue: I see nothing wrong with this thread. I also notice how no one got on Daniles back for the "Devils in Contract Talks With Larsson" thread.

As for Fraser, I think he is either stupid or being advised badly. I had a certain level of understanding to his filing for arbitration the last time round, but this time its really not called for. At this stage i say let him walk, regardless of whether you think he is half decent or not. I would rather let Urbom play next year than give Fraser another chance now.

:offtopic:

Okay wow, I don't want to derail this much further (this is the last I'll discuss about this outside of PM) but I'm going to steal this quote from another thread because it summarizes the point I was trying to get across with my post (which I apparently failed to do):

I'd simply point out that this "gentle reminder" regarding thread creation has been done frequently here by many of the kind vets to the same new posters. New posters are the life blood of message boards like this - but its always good to get a feel for a new web community.

Some not only choose to ignore it - but even insist that its not a good way to do things and they can't be bothered to follow the will of the overall board.

I think that attitude might be what has got some folks on a short fuse.

I have nothing personal against new posters (Why the hell would I, honestly?) but occasionally some newer posters have 'abused' that lovely 'create a thread' button in the past. As if being the first to post a thread on something is a competition.

I have nothing against good discussions, that's why I even check these forums. Knowledgeable fans and (generally :giggle:) constructive conversations. My simple request to the newer posters is that they show some restraint before starting a new thread, and in doing so clutter up the main forum, and see if the topic's already being discussed in another thread or consider if it's worth its own thread anyway.

In the grand scheme of things this isn't even a huge deal :lol: it's funny how small things can BLOW UP in the offseason when we're all bored.

/rant

Edited by Devilsfan118

Time and time again it's proven on this forum that new posters shouldn't be able to create threads until a certain amount of time passes so they can learn the way the forums work. SO many random threads now on the main page it's getting tough to keep track of all the different conversations

It cant be that tough to keep track of the 'random' conversations can it?? Its simple. Click on the thread that says Fraser to read and discuss Mark Fraser. Click on the thread that says Eckford to read and discuss Tyler Eckford. If you can go through a 48 page thread to find a conversation then this method should be a breeze.