Devils resign Tim Sestito

Mayday

Pretty pathetic that TG has learned of the two signings (Leach, Sestito) from Capgeek.

If TG had a serious blog/article quota at the Record he would have been fired by now. He's just doing his job and he like any other media member covering the Devils gets treated like absolute crap from Lou.

Pretty pathetic that TG has learned of the two signings (Leach, Sestito) from Capgeek.

If TG had a serious blog/article quota at the Record he would have been fired by now. He's just doing his job and he like any other media member covering the Devils gets treated like absolute crap from Lou.

huh? TG is the best Devils' reporter and it isn't close. Also, the Devils don't put out press releases for these kinds of signings. capgeek must have a source inside the league office or, more likely, the NHLPA - it's no accident that he very often gets the terms of a contract before anyone else.

Yes, of course an AHL signing. But it's good to know that some of the stews on the back burner are being served while everyone waits for the main course. Also good to see the guy stay in the organization, I think he likes the system or at least he says the right things when asked. Happy time for him! And lucky for youse he's there, if the injuries start piling up the way they did early last season youse might have to call on your ECHLers for backup -- :P Oops, dang, now that the T-Devils are history those mighty ECHL prospects won't have been initiated into the brilliant covert Devils' system for lulling the opponents and fans to sleep and then not scoring while they lean on Marty's brick wall... :P

I thought Timmy was pretty good at face-offs in the AHL, but his percentage in the N is a bit under 50%. Then again, he hasn't had time to learn the linesmen and the likely opponents so I guess it's not bad for a rookie. Not worried about the goal scoring, since he seemed giddy the night he potted 4 goals in the AHL and said it wasn't likely to happen again, he knows his role. But for his sake I hope he tricks the hat in the N someday.

I was hoping he'd get to play his younger and taller brother, Tommy, in the NHL, always fun to see them drop the gloves, have to wonder how they both survived their youth. ;)

huh? TG is the best Devils' reporter and it isn't close. Also, the Devils don't put out press releases for these kinds of signings. capgeek must have a source inside the league office or, more likely, the NHLPA - it's no accident that he very often gets the terms of a contract before anyone else.

I don't think Andrew was dissing TG, he was saying that it sucks how TG (and Chere) has to rely on outside sources because the Devils won't even release basic information like signings.