Looks like it's time again....

olp

Ok, I admit it - I was the first one to say I thought the Devils would be one and done in the playoffs. Still, it just kills me that it has to be against the Flyers. I just can't handle that - so it's time for the rant:

First victim: Brodeur. He's been mediocre at best the second half of the season and I really didn't and still don't expect that to change. Sorry Marty, thought more than half of those goals could have been stopped. Time for him to carry this team on his back - sad thing is though, I just don't have the confidence that he can do it. Brodeur needs to start playing like that cocky French bastard we all know he is.

Niedermayer needs to stop trying to do too much. Think it's time to take Martin off the top line - worked fine in regular season, but he's looked like a rookie thus far and Niedermayer is overcompensating. The penalty in the first game I don't fault him for - driving the net is always ok with me and Brodeur put the thought into the ear of the ref regarding interference. 2nd penalty - no excuse for. Niedermayer is out best penalty killer and has to stay out of the box. Put White back with him I say.

Can someone please work with Martin on the touch up icing?

The Larionov experiment obviously didn't work. We saw he obviously couldn't work his "playoff magic" - so much for that theory. Time to put Kozlov in there and leave him in there.

Stevens isn't coming back and I'm tired of hearing about him. Gee, ya think the press is trying to distract the Devils with their constant banter about Stevens? Nah, they wouldn't do a thing like that.

I hate ESPN.

I hate that I am forced to watch the ESPN feed because Loughlin is so damned boring as a play by play man. I can't stop fixating on the size of his head.

Did I mention that I hate ESPN?

One last thing - a plea to Devils fans at the game. Don't boo. Don't boo the first 30 seconds of a power play. Don't boo if they're losing. Just don't boo - this team needs the fans behind them, not putting more pressure on them. :argh:

One last thing - a plea to Devils fans at the game. Don't boo. Don't boo the first 30 seconds of a power play. Don't boo if they're losing. Just don't boo - this team needs the fans behind them, not putting more pressure on them. :argh:

I agree completely! I hate the boos. It makes me wanna cry. :evilcry:

As for the rest of your post, it's all been said in another thread. Over and over. :P

Ok, I admit it - I was the first one to say I thought the Devils would be one and done in the playoffs. Still, it just kills me that it has to be against the Flyers. I just can't handle that - so it's time for the rant:

First victim: Brodeur. He's been mediocre at best the second half of the season and I really didn't and still don't expect that to change. Sorry Marty, thought more than half of those goals could have been stopped. Time for him to carry this team on his back - sad thing is though, I just don't have the confidence that he can do it. Brodeur needs to start playing like that cocky French bastard we all know he is.

Niedermayer needs to stop trying to do too much. Think it's time to take Martin off the top line - worked fine in regular season, but he's looked like a rookie thus far and Niedermayer is overcompensating. The penalty in the first game I don't fault him for - driving the net is always ok with me and Brodeur put the thought into the ear of the ref regarding interference. 2nd penalty - no excuse for. Niedermayer is out best penalty killer and has to stay out of the box. Put White back with him I say.

Can someone please work with Martin on the touch up icing?

The Larionov experiment obviously didn't work. We saw he obviously couldn't work his "playoff magic" - so much for that theory. Time to put Kozlov in there and leave him in there.

Stevens isn't coming back and I'm tired of hearing about him. Gee, ya think the press is trying to distract the Devils with their constant banter about Stevens? Nah, they wouldn't do a thing like that.

I hate ESPN.

I hate that I am forced to watch the ESPN feed because Loughlin is so damned boring as a play by play man. I can't stop fixating on the size of his head.

Did I mention that I hate ESPN?

olp... I'm not sure what to say...usually your rants are so brutal, I'm disappointed!!! Did you take an extra dose of nice pills today???

olp... I'm not sure what to say...usually your rants are so brutal, I'm disappointed!!! Did you take an extra dose of nice pills today???

Ya know, you're right.

I want to see someone, anyone knock that big p#ssy Primeau on his ass.

Roenick is one ugly mother f^cker. In fact, the Flyers are one ugly ass team if you ask me. Not one good looking man on that team, at least not that I can think of.

And I'm already sick of Chico - good god, can this guy make any more excuses for goalies? It's simply nauseating. Can we start a pool and all chip in and buy him a new rug?

And Burns being the nice guy is starting to piss me off too. I want to see this guy as pissed off as I am.

Best I could do Red - just can't seem to get too angry. I mentally prepared myself for a round one defeat months ago.

olp...  I'm not sure what to say...usually your rants are so brutal, I'm disappointed!!!  Did you take an extra dose of nice pills today???

Ya know, you're right.

I want to see someone, anyone knock that big p#ssy Primeau on his ass.

Roenick is one ugly mother f^cker. In fact, the Flyers are one ugly ass team if you ask me. Not one good looking man on that team, at least not that I can think of.

And I'm already sick of Chico - good god, can this guy make any more excuses for goalies? It's simply nauseating. Can we start a pool and all chip in and buy him a new rug?

And Burns being the nice guy is starting to piss me off too. I want to see this guy as pissed off as I am.

Best I could do Red - just can't seem to get too angry. I mentally prepared myself for a round one defeat months ago.

olp much better...

Now I'm really PISSED!!!

Screw Philly... Screw Primuea, Screw Esche!!!!

DEVILS RULE!!!!

And don't pull a Montreal fan. Booing their own Captain.

Now THAT was disgraceful.

And I agree in general, I never understood the fans turning on the boo machine so quickly. I understand you don't want to cheer when the team's sucking (I would recommend the ol' sit on your hands for a few seconds) but booing DURING play doesn't help; in fact it only makes them press more if anything. I've NEVER seen boos inspire a team to play better. Sometimes cheers can though.

One last thing  - a plea to Devils fans at the game.  Don't boo.  Don't boo the first 30 seconds of a power play.  Don't boo if they're losing.  Just don't boo - this team needs the fans behind them, not putting more pressure on them.  :argh:

Nice post. And your last point is probably the best one. When a team is down, they need their fans to lift them up.

Am I the only one who thinks the Devils will pull through.

Even while reading, 'Devils Demise' on espn........

After reading a couple threads saying "I believe", countless posts from various posters about how it's not over yet....yes, you probably are the only person who still believes.

:blink:

Man, that really sucked ass. I remember that, he was going ON AND ON about something with Chico while Gionta is in the middle of scoring a goal to close the gap to 3-2...oh please Matt Loughlin, can you find it in your heart to FORGIVE Brian Gionta for INTERRUPTING you while you were going on about meaningless nothings! "oh hold on a second, they scored". :rolleyes: