GDT: New Jersey @ Winnipeg

Quinn01

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am not going to freak out yet. Still a lot of hockey left and if we can get that back and if Marty doesn't let in another softy this game we are still good.

We have pretty much outplayed them for most of the first period.

This. Devils will come out guns blazing in the second. Mark my words. :tomato:

Why are the jets fans booing Kovy so much? Is it still over him leaving that franchise or something more?

I think its over the pizza they all ordered and Kovy didnt chip in but ate 2 of the slices. Bastard....

Edited by Quinn01

Wow. A bunch of people complain that Marty isn't getting any respect from the Winnepeg fans, then he lets in a goal and his own fans immediately turn on him and demand he retires.

Why are the jets fans booing Kovy so much? Is it still over him leaving that franchise or something more?

I think it's because when they moved, kovy said one of his reasons for leaving the Thrashers was fear of them moving to Winnipeg. I think they took it personally haha.

Wow. A bunch of people complain that Marty isn't getting any respect from the Winnepeg fans, then he lets in a goal and his own fans immediately turn on him and demand he retires.

Gotta bash someone....cant just take it with a grain of salt.

I've made no mention of WPG's fans. I've been saying Marty should hang it up since last season. You make a good point though, when things get so bad that you're own fans are harping on you maybe it's time to hang em up.

Yeah we'll be up like 2 goals and Marty will give up two goals from the blueline with no screen.

Maybe, maybe not. We just don't know yet and I'm not going to get all worked up right now when all so far that has happened is we are down by only one with two periods yet.

If I was to freak out let me at least wait until the game is over.

lol...but if that wasn't screened (and I think it was but I didn't see an angle from behind Marty) that's his third bad goal in barely over a period of hockey this week.

I think it's because when they moved, kovy said one of his reasons for leaving the Thrashers was fear of them moving to Winnipeg. I think they took it personally haha.

I don't see anyone who complained of their fans turning around and bashing Marty.

Lol, after last game didn't he say they should cheer him on, since he is at least partly responsible for them having a team again?

Maybe, maybe not. We just don't know yet and I'm not going to get all worked up right now when all so far that has happened is we are down by only one with two periods yet.

If I was to freak out let me at least wait until the game is over.

The reason I'm freaking out with some one here is that Marty, predictably, gave up a soft goal and there's two periods left. It doesn't appear like he's trying to rise to the occasion.

The reason I'm freaking out with some one here is that Marty, predictably, gave up a soft goal and there's two periods left. It doesn't appear like he's trying to rise to the occasion.

Eh decent point but let's at least wait and see if that goal does indeed cost us the game.

He has played well so far in this game, but yeah I do agree he let's in way too many softies the past couple of years.

Edited by DevsMan84

In his defense, for every softie he gives up, he makes atleast 3-5 HOF saves. Atleast give him credit where its due.

I didn't jump on Marty.. I love that I can still watch my childhood Devils idol playing for the team.. He and Elias are all that are left and it's coming to an end

This is how I see it too. This is most likely the last 3 months of an absolutely legendary career. Might as well enjoy the end, because there won't be another like him and chances are if there is, he won't be a devil.

This is how I see it too. This is most likely the last 3 months of an absolutely legendary career. Might as well enjoy the end, because there won't be another like him and chances are if there is, he won't be a devil.

I would agree if he was playing at least an average game by Marty standards. But watching him pop and fizzle is both frustrating and tragic.

I didn't jump on Marty.. I love that I can still watch my childhood Devils idol playing for the team.. He and Elias are all that are left and it's coming to an end

The problem is if he keeps playing like this, the yahoos in the stands are going to start to razz him, and soon. And I'd rather he retire before seeing 'that'.