Barry Melrose

Ice Man

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and if Scott Stevens wasn't injured there is no telling how many fewer goals Marty would have allowed. The point is you can not speculate. You have to look at what *did* happen. What happened is that Kiprusoff played in fewer games than some backups. You cannot give a guy a major award for that.

Oh, you're right on Petey. If it were up to me, Kiprusoff wouldn't have been nominated. He just didn't play enough games. But there's no doubting that he was the best goalie when he got the call each game for Calgary. That's why I put him on my first nhl all-star team.

IMO, If Luongo had played 41 games with the Devils scorekeeper, he wouldn't have a save percentage over .925 (which is still great but doesn't singlehandedly get you the trophy).

I forget which Maple Leaf it was that was whining after the six shot game in 2000, 'They always do that in this building (have low shot counts for the other team)...we had twelve shots at least' :lol: I never bothered to check how many shots they did actually have, I do have the game on tape though. Maybe one of these days :P

I forget which Maple Leaf it was that was whining after the six shot game in 2000, 'They always do that in this building (have low shot counts for the other team)...we had twelve shots at least' :lol:

:lol: I was at that game, how sweet was that? :dance: Two Laffs next to me.

Well, all stats aside, if Marty had a good enough season to even be nominated for the Hart, then hands down, he was the best goalie. No other goalie was nominated for the Hart. Thats why Melrose confused so many people saying marty deserved the Hart but not the Vezina....it doesnt make much sense at all.

Anyone else hear Barry announce last night that "All the trapping teams were eliminated in Round One."?

What does Calgary play? The Trap.

What does Philly play? The Trap.

What does Detroit play? The "Left Wing Lock" which is called that to avoid calling it "The Trap". Does anyone doubt why I hate Melrose now???

He's either stupid or a hypocrite or both.