Who are you rooting for NOW?

sheeps

Who are you rooting for, for each conference?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for, for each conference?

• Calgary and Philadelphia
    • Calgary and Tampa Bay
    • San Jose and Philadelphia
    • San Jose and Tampa Bay
    • no one

These threads will never stop coming...

P.S. The predictions leaderboard is coming but I'm going away to DC til Friday then Elmira on Saturday then Cleveland on Thursday then DC on Sunday... hopefully Friday? Hopefully? Two days? Not too bad, no?

You're coming up to Elmira on Saturday? Thats only a half hour away from me. Whats the occaission?

Grandma lives in Elmira, my sister's going to Cornell for grad school, by the way. She went for her B.A. there, then got an M.Ed. from Vanderbilt, and is going back for her Ph.D.

I love that area, you should do the wine tours while you still have a chance!

Ah, I see. There shouldn't be hockey in areas that don't get frozen ponds for kids to play on, is that it? Would it interest you to know (probably not, but I'll say it anyhow) that the majority of Tampa Bay is northern transplants of one form or another? Did it ever occur to you that while you can't pick out a local pond to play on during winter time you can play street hockey down there all year round? Oh, but it isn't Canada and doesn't freeze during the winter so they must not care about hockey. They pay the price of admission which you, as someone who doesn't go to NHL games with any regularity, don't. You can point to all your $5 tickets to minor league and junior league games all you want, but when someone shells out $55 for a upper tier seat that means a bit more. You don't need to live through cold winters to appreciate hockey. Hell, the Mexican population of Laredo, Texas apparently is so enthused with the minor league team there that they announce the games in both languages. Japan isn't exactly a cold country and their national team is continuously improving as interest levels go up there.

Because there shouldn't be hockey in those areas. Its called take away from Canada and give to the areas who couldn't give a half **** about hockey.

Rewind 20 years and that's what people are saying about bringing hockey to NJ.

I don't think so. This area has had three successful (more or less) hockey teams in it since expansion. The Devils would not have been moved here if the Isles, Flyers and Rangers had not been thriving. The northeastern US is a traditional hockey market. South Florida certainly is not.

Sharks and Tampa.

I think the Sharks are a more sophisticated version of the Flames and will pull out this series. Nabakov is great, as is Kipper, but I still give Naby the edge. Plus, San Jose is a more balanced team than the Flames. They have similar styles - mainly consisting of great speed.

As for Tampa, geez, anyone but Philly.

Because there shouldn't be hockey in those areas. Its called take away from Canada and give to the areas who couldn't give a half **** about hockey.

Rewind 20 years and that's what people are saying about bringing hockey to NJ.

I don't think so. This area has had three successful (more or less) hockey teams in it since expansion. The Devils would not have been moved here if the Isles, Flyers and Rangers had not been thriving. The northeastern US is a traditional hockey market. South Florida certainly is not.

Hey, I don't have a problem with teams down south-if they have a good fan base, then all the better. Every team has its die-hard fans. BUT the one thing I do have a problem with is multiple teams in one state....3 in NY, 3 in CA, 2 in FLA...doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Um, Hells, you do realize that the state of California is about the size of two thirds the east coast put together right? You also realize that driving from NYC to Buffalo takes between 5 and 6 hours? The Islanders and Ducks I can see you making a case against, but the Sharks and Kings? The Sabres and Rangers? Tampa to Miami is 4 hours and change, thats not exactly competing markets.