Heh + did you know?

sheeps

"Calgary Flames coach Darryl Sutter had a novel suggestion Tuesday when asked if, considering the visiting team has won every game in the NHL's Western Conference final, he might put his players up in a hotel so they can pretend they're the visiting team for Game 6."

Funny, right?

But did you know?:

Burns did that for every home game (in the playoffs) last year.

Edit Two: Apparently it's a Lamoriello rule that's been in existence foreverish.

Edited by mrsheeps

Well, I can see the justification behind it. If they players go home, they see their wives and their kids, get in a shouting match with the wife, the kids are acting up ... you remember the work that needs to be done around the house....

Staying in a hotel builds comraderie AND limits distractions.

Well, I can see the justification behind it. If they players go home, they see their wives and their kids, get in a shouting match with the wife, the kids are acting up ... you remember the work that needs to be done around the house....

Staying in a hotel builds comraderie AND limits distractions.

Exactly Lou's thinking.

NEverson and Brooks call Lou paranoid when the Devils lose, though.

I thought a lot of teams did this. :noclue:

me too.

Wasn't there a big stink b/c the Isles and the Bolts were in the same hotel in Tampa for the first round and the Isles ended up getting a new hotel b/c "the pool was polluted" by the Bolts players'?

-emily

In the fall of 2000, I was at a business meeting at the Devils hotel ( which I was unaware of). I stopped for a shoe shine and mentioned that I was going to CAA to get the photo taken with the Stanley Cup. The shoe shine guy told me that the Devils stayed there thru the palyoffs, and Scott Stevens had given him game tix.

I thought they stayed away from home 'cuz as Rocky's trainer said:

"Women weaken legs! "

"Women weaken legs! "

haha... well the woman could just get on top and then the guys wouldnt have weakened legs....

"Women weaken legs! "

haha... well the woman could just get on top and then the guys wouldnt have weakened legs....

One would think it would weaken hips...

but thats a novel idea Langs ;)

Every year the Post writers (N)Єverson & Brooks would make some pithy comments about it.

but if sather did it, they would call him a genius and worship the toilet he sits on....