Devil Dog

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o:o:o:o

who wants to pick me up in NYC???

-emily

Stevens will be at Claremont Auto for about 2 hours signing autographs and posing for pictures.  ANyone interested should contact the dealership for more details.

Lets have a good turnout for the captain.

Thanks...I called and he will be there between 2-330pm :clap::clap::clap:

If anyone needs the phone number it is 973 575 0100.

work picnic... do I dare adjust my priorities? and the whole family would have to go..

AND MY HUSBAND WOULD BUY A CAR WHILE WAITING JUST TO ANNOY ME!!!! See then right as I was at the head of the line he'd pull me out saying I had to sign some papers or something equally as inane and mock critical!

june 5th ...

work picnic... do I dare adjust my priorities? and the whole family would have to go..

AND MY HUSBAND WOULD BUY A CAR WHILE WAITING JUST TO ANNOY ME!!!! See then right as I was at the head of the line he'd pull me out saying I had to sign some papers or something equally as inane and mock critical!

june 5th ...

Hey, you might get a new Cadillac out of it. :noclue:

My husband was actually pretty cute about it :lol: There will be hundreds of people I'm sure :saddevil: My husband was shocked Stevens was going to be out and about - kind of thinks this is our last chance... :P ok MY last chance. but I'd really like to get Bex's sweater signed as half arsed as it is.

El diablo -- here's the post from earlier in the week. It's going to be PACKED. I know now I can't make it - feckin' picnic - forced fun and it's been mandated I appear :saddevil: I just called for an rough estimate on attendance and there's no way I can do both - this is smack in the middle of picnic time -- which I probably have to go to by myself now too since my husband has a huge thesis meeting on Monday. :saddevil: It's ALWAYS something with me :(

Just got home from the signing and it was pretty good. Not too many people (guess the weather was a factor) and the dealership did a nice job with giveaways and stuff. Was lucky enough to get 2 things signed (was actually the last person to go up before they announced 1 per person so they could get more people in) Scott looked good and was in a pretty good mood. Overall, it was worth going.

Scott looked good

like he ever doesn't?!?

i bet he's even cute in the morning all sleepy and grumpy.

did anyone dare ask him when he was coming back to play?

jealous,

emily

i just came on to ask the same thing Emily... whats the deal.. u didnt go up there and not ask if he was returning right? Please tell us the news!!!

i just came on to ask the same thing Emily... whats the deal.. u didnt go up there and not ask if he was returning right? Please tell us the news!!!

I just wished him luck and said that I hope to see him next year but someone probably asked. It's hard to assume wheter he'd play next year or not from just seeing him for a few minutes but for some reason, I just get the feeling that if there is a season next year, he'll play. Compared to the other 2 signings I went to with him, he was by far the kindest this time. Maybe the time off was good for him, I don't know.

And by the way, what I found hilarious is that the dealership handed out pocket knives while we were on line waiting, I was seriously hoping we don't have any disgruntled ranger fans around.

If I had gone I probably wouldn't have thought to say a freakin' word. He probably would have had to remind me to say "Hi" even... :saddevil:

There was too much on my plate this weekend ( :rolleyes: this and every) I don't think there's one thing I didn't halfass... well actu -- no.. I was going to say the laundry but I forgot -- I spilled soap all over the laundry room floor <_<

I went also saturday....It was pretty cool. took some pics. Stevens was happy and in good spirits. Iasked him if hes planning on returning next year and he smiled and nodded his head.....He seemed like he was planning on returning. He'll be back.

I got there around 1:30 and the line was out the door. Waited about 2 hours in line to get to him. They limited to 1 signature around 3pm because the line was still around the building..... It was pretty neat...It all was free, including food and a 50/50.

I wished Stevens good luck and hope to see back!

I had a chance to speak the dealership manager and he said that they were caught off guard by the nimber of people that showed up. They really only expected about an hour and a half worth of signings and they ended up close to three hours.

Scott made some comments that he was also surprised at the crowds size and he seemed to appreciate how everyone was treating him. I was told that the dealership would be having future signings with Scott as well as other Devil players so I will keep you all posted.

Also, Stevens got a new truck as his "appearence fee".

Great job to all that were able to come out and show support for the Captain and the team!!

:saddevil: ok... I went :P

I was awful. I'd never been to one of these things. I didn't even say anything. There I am and I hear this loud firm "Hi" and I realize I didn't even acknowledge Scott Stevens as a person... :( I'm the rudest person on the face of the earth! I was the ONLY person who didn't chitter chatter... :( I just slapped Rebecca's little shirt down like he was a postal worker doling out stamps or something... but I was all alone and stuff. I just talked to this nice granddad inline the whole time about hockey and Rebecca. I felt so out of place and stuff... I hate being shy.

It's okay, PK. I know just how you feel. It DOES suck! At least you got a "Hi!". Marty didn't even look up from signing at the dinner. :saddevil: Little G did though, and I giggled like a freakin' school girl! What a dope! He must have thought I was an idiot!!! :argh: Eh, I guess it's true...you do make your own destiny.