NHL Awards Thread

Weekes Head

I liked what St. Louis said about playing with Marty and not against him. :evil: I'm not going to read anything into Neids speech, it was great. He's a Jersey boy.

Sammy here's the thread where Mel Brodeur's pic is: http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12436

Yah, I've seen those before, and I think those are her worst pics to be honest. She seems manly or something in them. She looked much better in earlier pics. That and I HATE it when women tie their hair back. :D

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, just got time to sit down and watch the TV and missed everything. Was the nieds speech that bad? :(

The speech was not bad. It was the longest I think. He thanked everyone. You know if he didn't thank Lou and the organization for all the great years, memories, etc you'd all say that was a sign that he was unhappy with the team and was hitting the road. :rolleyes:

Damn, just got time to sit down and watch the TV and missed everything. Was the nieds speech that bad? :(

The speech was not bad. It was the longest I think. He thanked everyone. You know if he didn't thank Lou and the organization for all the great years, memories, etc you'd all say that was a sign that he was unhappy with the team and was hitting the road. :rolleyes:

I dunno, I think Tortorella thanked every single person in the City of Tampa. :evil:

Nieds' speech was terrific... he was articulate, he was deliberate and gracious.

He specifically thanked his agent Meehan.... a message to Lou.

It was the best speech of the night.

It sounded like it was professionally written.

Congratulations to all the winners. The awards seemed a bit "dressed-down" compared to last year, but I like this years' more because everyone I expected and wanted to win, did win.

Right off the bat a big congratulations to Kris Draper. The league has acknowledged his hard work. He's the guy who gives the team more than a 100% every night. Slowly but surely, the Red Wings are becoming Draper's team. I loved his acknowledgement of Kirk Maltby; these two are going to be terrific for Team Canada come August.

Congrats to Scott Niedermayer for his 1st Norris trophy. So pleased he won. He had an unbelievable season. He does need a haircut, though.

Congrats to John Torterella for winning the Jack Adams. He's an awesome coach. I loved his speech, too.

I expected Marty to win the Vezina and I'm happy he did because he's been jipped a few times. Also congrats to the Devils on the Jennings.

Jarome - he was great. King Clancy AND the Richard trophy. Too bad Ilya couldn't make it, man he would've had some classic speech in store.

Midgy - wow. Art Ross, Hart and the Pearson - first guy since Gretzky to win all three. Loved the little wink Marty Brodeur gave him when he mentioned he was looking forward to playing with him come August. And his teammate Brad Richards. Richards looked a bit tired, eh? All that travelling probably getting to him.

Well, congrats to all the winners and nominees again. 'Twas a good season.

I remember at the SC celebration last year, McKenzie saying how great it was to play in NJ and it was a great place to live and then next we hear he's off to Nashville. Rheume wanted to finish his career in Jersey and well he was gone.

so Nieds says thanks for the memories and he stays :P (I've got to find my Mary Sunshine smilie!)

I'm happy for Nieds and Marty... but you know.. it's ME here so I have kind of a little teeny kicked inthe gut feeling too :saddevil:

I, too, was VERY put off by the Niedermayer speech.

"It's been a good 12 years, it's been fun"

The s's in there means "has" as in past tense, as in over.

"It is been a good 12 years, it is been fun" doesn't make any sense.

-----------------------

The other thing that turned my stomache was that he thanked Meehan first and foremost over Lou.

Add in the "Thanks to the Devils organizations. There have been a lot of good times, but there have also been a lot of rough times."

A POSITIVE way of putting that would be "There have been a lot of rough times, but there have also been a lot of good times".

Maybe it's semantics, but Niedermayer sounded like he wanted out of Jersey (I do it too, am I an honourary resident?) ASAP, while Iginla sounded like he wanted to stay with the Flames until they have to put him in a nursing home.....

Let's remember one thing here, we just saw this article today that said Nieds had 'rejected' a contract so naturally everyone's going to take everything he says in the negative tense. Like LizDevil said, if his acceptance speech was short the grumbling would be ah he's unhappy :P

Sometimes you can outsmart yourself when you try to read too much into things.

I liked what St. Louis said about playing with Marty and not against him.  :evil:   I'm not going to read anything into Neids speech, it was great.  He's a Jersey boy.

Sammy here's the thread where Mel Brodeur's pic is: http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12436

Yah, I've seen those before, and I think those are her worst pics to be honest. She seems manly or something in them. She looked much better in earlier pics. That and I HATE it when women tie their hair back. :D

I agree Sammy, I don't think their great at all! I've seen alot better ones of Melanie, but this one tonight with him is the 'new and improved' as far as looks goes!

(Sorry Melanie) :saddevil:

I remember at the SC celebration last year, McKenzie saying how great it was to play in NJ and it was a great place to live and then next we hear he's off to Nashville. Rheume wanted to finish his career in Jersey and well he was gone.

Well, Lou may have had more to do with those to leaving than they did themselves.

what's Marty's new woman look like? Blonde or brunette? Thin? details -- I have no cable remember! (priorities folks! What's with all this Nieds stuff :P )

Couldn't see her body, but she had thin face and my bet his a body to match. Oh and she was a brunette. Kinda short hair too I think...

what's Marty's new woman look like? Blonde or brunette? Thin? details -- I have no cable remember! (priorities folks! What's with all this Nieds stuff :P )

pretty face, petitte, dark medium hair, light eyes...she's been to practice at sma with the kids this past march

One thing I was not pleased with: Markus Naslund making the 1st All Star team as the left-wing and not Ilya Kovalchuk. I thought Kovalchuk had the better season.

Nasland was more consistant. If Kovalchuk had a 2nd half like his 1st half, he'd have walked away with half of tonight's awards.

what's Marty's new woman look like?  Blonde or brunette?  Thin? details -- I have no cable remember!  (priorities folks!  What's with all this Nieds stuff :P )

Couldn't see her body, but she had thin face and my bet his a body to match. Oh and she was a brunette. Kinda short hair too I think...

Yeah, I saw her at a game and she's pretty thin.

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2004/html/c...atdrive2004.php I'm pretty sure that's her in the second picture.

what's Marty's new woman look like?  Blonde or brunette?  Thin? details -- I have no cable remember!  (priorities folks!  What's with all this Nieds stuff :P )

pretty face, petitte, dark medium hair, light eyes...she's been to practice at sma with the kids this past march

Next time post some pics! :evil:

One thing I was not pleased with: Markus Naslund making the 1st All Star team as the left-wing and not Ilya Kovalchuk. I thought Kovalchuk had the better season.

Nasland was more consistant. If Kovalchuk had a 2nd half like his 1st half, he'd have walked away with half of tonight's awards.

I see the gripe but Don's right -- and somehow Naslund feels more right - well like Don said consistant!