NHL Awards Thread

Weekes Head

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you're gonna thank people and look back on your career which at the end of the day is what award ceremonies make you do, your always gonna sound like your saying goodbye.

I don't have a good feeling about Nieds either but I haven't every time he's been out of contract. I've always been wrong about him so far, let me be wrong again.

Anyone know what Marty was saying during his Vezina speech when he was speaking French?

I couldn't make out a lot (he talks really fast and I don't know much French anyway), but it was to his family and the last part was to his daughter and I think his other son, who were back at the house.

Edited by IAmCanadian27

now this is unofficial and only what I heard on another message board so take it for what it is worth (probably nothing)

http://www.devilsrule.com/forums/viewtopic...er=asc&start=40

starts on page 5 but MartinPierreBrodeurLover said that he heard the lady that was with brodeur is his sister in law.

But like I said it is a internet message board so take it for what it is worth

well, my friend works at a restaurant that marty is always at and he tells me marty is in tehre with his gf all the time... and that was the same girl... not to say it couldnt be his sister in law.. but im pretty sure that he has more class than that... Definitely was his girlfriend.. but i doubt shes his sister in law!

but what do i know!

you are 100% right ;)

Anyone know what Marty was saying during his Vezina speech when he was speaking French?

I couldn't make out a lot (he talks really fast and I don't know much French anyway), but it was to his family and the last part was to his daughter and I think his other son, who were back at the house.

That's exactly what I got too.... but he pisses me off like that. I can understand most in french... Richer, Burns, Demers.... but Brodeur talks a mile a minute. :lol:

idliketothankmyfriendsandfamilyfortheirsupportandunderstandingthr

oughalonghockey

eason. Idalsoliketothankmymomanddadforallthetimetheyspendintherinkwatchi

ngmeplay.

First Congrats to both Neids & Marty...

This was not Marty's best year, but IMHO there was no one else more deserving.... just that fact thatr Kipersof was nominated was a joke.... he played like 40 games!!! you should have to oplay atleast 60 games.....

and Neids had to win, but I was still very nervous, becuae Devs dmen always seemed to get screwed out of these awards....

Anyway the thing about Neids speech that really bothered me was the the first person he thanks was his agent..... that was just so wrong.... thank your wife and family first...thank you mom & dad first... buut your agent.... low class if you ask me....

that being said... Neids isstill my favorite player....

Congraduations to Marty and Nieder. :clap::dance: Very well deserved awards. If it wasnt for those two during the regular season we probaly wouldnt have made the playoffs. Espaically Marty he kept in at least half the games last year. Plus winning the Jennings and setting a new team goals against record was really impressive considering we had so many injurys last year.

And BTW it was good to see that Neid won running away, 72 1st place votes to Charas 19, and Chara was 2nd!!!

Broduer not as much but still convincingly, 15 of the 30 gms voted for him....

Yeah not great, but at least 1/2 the GM's voted for him and the other half were more or less split. Also I think the voting can be personal, human nature. I just don't see Slats, just to name one, ever voting for a Devil goalie. JMHO.

EDIT: I don't speak a word of French and I got the same drift from Marty's French part of his speech. :D I think the fast talking comes from all these years living in Jersey.

Edited by LizDevil30

Did anyone read between the lines of Neids acceptance speech.

Thanking his agent of 12 years and thanking Lou for all the memories in New Jersey??? And thanking everyone else in the organization AS IF HE WERE MOVING ON.

Did anyone else get that impression and really listen to what he was saying.

Did anyone read between the lines of Neids acceptance speech.

Thanking his agent of 12 years and thanking Lou for all the memories in New Jersey??? And thanking everyone else in the organization AS IF HE WERE MOVING ON.

Did anyone else get that impression and really listen to what he was saying.

No. I don't think anyone got that, Stubbs. :P

I went over to tsn.ca to read the summary of the awards, and saw some of the fan reactions to the winners. They tend to be very upset at Brodeur, Nieds and St. Louis winning. But the really funny thing is that if you go to the article about Nieds on the same site, discussing his contract, you'll see lots of comments about how he should leave NJ and how, as a great great defenseman and Norris Trophy winner he deserves a better stage and much more $$$ than NJ will provide. Now I'll bet if you compared some of the posters whining about Nieds winning and the posters who want their team to sign Nieds you'd see plenty of overlap.

What the hell are you guys talking about with the Marty sister-in-law crap?

WE ALL KNOW! Marty and his wife Melanie's brother's wife hooked up. This was the grounds for Mel adn Marty's divorce. Marty says hey it's cool she was separated from her husband at the time. -- whatever that means since it excuses nothing. So yeah -- it IS his girlfriend and it IS his FORMER sister-in-law.

Why can we not keep it straight? OR am I coming in on half a story here since I only read this page?

What the hell are you guys talking about with the Marty sister-in-law crap?

WE ALL KNOW! Marty and his wife Melanie's brother's wife hooked up. This was the grounds for Mel adn Marty's divorce. Marty says hey it's cool she was separated from her husband at the time. -- whatever that means since it excuses nothing. So yeah -- it IS his girlfriend and it IS his FORMER sister-in-law.

Why can we not keep it straight? OR am I coming in on half a story here since I only read this page?

I just figured some people were in denial, PK.

:noclue:

Hey, 17 people think like me!!! (well 15, anyway, cause I wouldn't vote him best in the league at center.)

Elias got 15 first-place LW votes... he finished third in the left wing voting, and outdistanced Rick Nash by more than 50 points.

He also got two firsts and 33 points at center and one vote for right wing, but I don't believe he even had a shift at RW all year (although he had a bunch the previous season) -- prob someone who just wanted to vote for him and couldn't fit him in with the LW logjam.

Here's the Marty breakdown with his closest competitors (interesting how the GMs had Kipper second and here he's fourth):

1....MARTIN BRODEUR, N.J......307...(39-33-13)

2....Roberto Luongo, FLA......232...(32-19-15)

3....Marty Turco, DAL.........153...(14-20-23)

4....Miikka Kiprusoff, CGY....148...(13-21-20)

5....Ed Belfour, TOR...........43...(3-5-13)

And here's the Nieds-led tallies:

1....SCOTT NIEDERMAYER, N.J...470...(86-12-4)

2....ZDENO CHARA, OTT.........352...(54-23-13)

3....Chris Pronger, STL.......249...(25-34-22)

4....Bryan McCabe, TOR........138...(12-18-24)

5....Nicklas Lidstrom, DET....131...(5-30-16)

Very dominant wins by Nieds. So good to see!!!! Voted by the league AND voted by the fans. Gotta love it!

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

I went over to tsn.ca to read the summary of the awards, and saw some of the fan reactions to the winners.  They tend to be very upset at Brodeur, Nieds and St. Louis winning.  But the really funny thing is that if you go to the article about Nieds on the same site, discussing his contract, you'll see lots of comments about how he should leave NJ and how, as a great great defenseman and Norris Trophy winner he deserves a better stage and much more $$$ than NJ will provide.  Now I'll bet if you compared some of the posters whining about Nieds winning and the posters who want their team to sign Nieds you'd see plenty of overlap.

You know I am sick of this better stage than Jersey crap. :angry: Our stage is just fine thank you, if you don't mind sharing it with three Stanley Cups. :clap: You are right Sue, if they had Neids they'd sing a different tune. Same goes for thinking Marty unworthy. Kip shouldn't even have been on the list and if you think losing more than you win is Vezina worthy then change the criteria for the award. I promise I won't go on my rant :rolleyes: about SOG, but since that was Luongo's claim to fame, he needs more on his resume than that before he gets handed the Vezina. Marty earned it, because Marty's better. :evil:

Hey defending Marty, it's my job. :wub:

Edited by LizDevil30

Hey, 17 people think like me!!! (well 15, anyway, cause I wouldn't vote him best in the league at center.)

Elias got 15 first-place LW votes... he finished third in the left wing voting, and outdistanced Rick Nash by more than 50 points.

He also got two firsts and 33 points at center and one vote for right wing, but I don't believe he even had a shift at RW all year (although he had a bunch the previous season) -- prob someone who just wanted to vote for him and couldn't fit him in with the LW logjam.

Here's the Marty breakdown with his closest competitors (interesting how the GMs had Kipper second and here he's fourth):

1....MARTIN BRODEUR, N.J......307...(39-33-13)

2....Roberto Luongo, FLA......232...(32-19-15)

3....Marty Turco, DAL.........153...(14-20-23)

4....Miikka Kiprusoff, CGY....148...(13-21-20)

5....Ed Belfour, TOR...........43...(3-5-13)

And here's the Nieds-led tallies:

1....SCOTT NIEDERMAYER, N.J...470...(86-12-4)

2....ZDENO CHARA, OTT.........352...(54-23-13)

3....Chris Pronger, STL.......249...(25-34-22)

4....Bryan McCabe, TOR........138...(12-18-24)

5....Nicklas Lidstrom, DET....131...(5-30-16)

Very dominant wins by Nieds. So good to see!!!! Voted by the league AND voted by the fans. Gotta love it!

The thing you have to rememebr w/ Kipersoft, as great as his season was... he played like 40 games.... no way he should have even been in the final three for the Vezina....

you are 100% right ;)

Whose right? he's right its his sister in law or im right.. its classless and i doubt it was her?

sorry i just got back to you , your 100 % right that it is his girlfriend, however i dont know if it is the sister in law :(

So yeah -- it IS his girlfriend and it IS his FORMER sister-in-law.

How do we know that's the same woman though? :noclue:

Were there ever pictures of his FORMER sister-in-law published showing that the girl he's boning now is the same as the sister-in-law? :noclue:

EDIT: FUTHERMUCKER! :rant:

Edited by sammyk