GDT: Alert: Domestic Violence Showdown Gio VS Gio (Mtl @ NJ). 3/16/13

Devil Fan

The point is that even if they managed two points out of this game they still played piss poor the entire contest. For the most part, they've been playing piss poor the past month. Based on that they could very well finish outside of the playoffs, 2 pts tonight or not.

I believe they will make the playoffs due to their start this season, but it's not about this. The point is they laid an egg to tonight and played with zero heart. Playoff bound or not, that is unacceptable and I'm not just gona write that off as some one -game phenomenon because its not and hasn't been.

Btw, Harri pesonen is nowhere close to being an NHL level player

Edited by devlman

lol they did not play piss poor tonight.  Not to jump on you, but this sounds like the crap I was hearing in 120 all night, where the mongloids there reached a new level of idiocy.  

They played a good team and it was a fairly even game.  We just can't score to save our lives.  The Rangers could stick Biron in and probably shut us out on Tuesday.  Then again, they're so far up the creek they might not score either.  We'll probably lose another stupid skills competition and be on the brink.

we have a 4 point lead on the 9 place with 19 game to go... Common believe we will make it

Ninth place also has two games in hand.  And they play us on Tuesday in another monumental game.  

Zajac needs to return from whatever alien planet he's on.  And Clarkson looks like one of the aliens in Space Jam that was a spazz, suddenly got zapped superpowers from NHL All-Stars, and now is a spazz again.  Even Elias had a poor game.  I don't think they played poorly as a team, but our best forwards have to start making positive contributions again. 

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol they did not play piss poor tonight. Not to jump on you, but this sounds like the crap I was hearing in 120 all night, where the mongloids there reached a new level of idiocy.

They played a good team and it was a fairly even game. We just can't score to save our lives. The Rangers could stick Biron in and probably shut us out on Tuesday. Then again, they're so far up the creek they might not score either. We'll probably lose another stupid skills competition and be on the brink.

I'm sorry bro but if you think they weren't awful tonight then I wholeheartedly disagree with you Edited by devlman

I'm sorry bro but if you think they weren't awful tonight then I wholeheartedly disagree with you

You're not taking into account the fact the other team's actually better the Devils.  Probably a 'bit' better at this point.  You can't expect the Devils to be dominating games when they're a tweener team playing one of the five teams that pretty much have a playoff spot sewn up in either conference.  They've played light years better in the last five games than they were in the losing streak of death when Moose couldn't stop a beach ball, and when he did the D was out to lunch.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You're not taking into account the fact the other team's actually better the Devils. Probably a 'bit' better at this point. You can't expect the Devils to be dominating games when they're a tweener team playing one of the five teams that pretty much have a playoff spot sewn up in either conference. They've played light years better in the last five games than they were in the losing streak of death when Moose couldn't stop a beach ball, and when he did the D was out to lunch.

But you're not taking into account the fact that Montreal was dreadful tonight, as well! They're a good team but were absolutely beatable tonight with the slightest of quality.

I'm not expecting the devils to light it up every game but when you have sellout crowds checking your team, and even sport, out for the first time, you have to have more more than 10% of the squad playing at expected performance levels.

Edited by devlman

Montreal was dreadful how, because they were boring? Newsflash, look at who their coach is. They had some great chances Moose made point-blank saves on.

The habs passing was poor, turned the puck over a ton, and were weak along the boards. We didnt exploit that because we were worse.

Montreal was dreadful how, because they were boring?  Newsflash, look at who their coach is.  They had some great chances Moose made point-blank saves on.

Don't even waste your time trying to be rational.    Montreal didn't play as well as I thought they would but we did a good job keeping the game contained.

Edited by maxpower

I have faith in this team but it's skaken. It has been since the off season. Lou dropped the ball by not having a plan B for Zach's ext, signed Sal to an extension based on locker room presence and an odd playoff performance and let guys like Poni walk while retaining Cam Janssen. He also re-signed Moose which I thought was a terrible idea. Right now this team has completely lost any MoJo they've had when they started the season. Sure Marty and Zubes are out, but who's to say they'll give the team a boost. There's bound to be sluggishness and rust. I would not be surprised at all if the analysts are right and we finish in 11th place.

Don't even waste your time trying to be rational.    Montreal didn't play as well as I thought they would but we did a good job keeping the game contained.

"Contained" doesn't get you points. A loss is a loss is a loss.

Do you think you are one?

Does Carp think he's one?

Bottom line, Montreal didnt play close to their standards. The bad news is we were further from ours. We didnt 'contain' Montreal. That's generalized horse manure speak. Tonight was about which team could play the least sh!ttiest.

Edited by devlman

I think I have to come down from my breaking point with everyone and everything tonight.  That was one of the most unenjoyable games I ever went to and it has nothing to do with what happened on the ice.  When you start hoping someone hauls off and clocks the sth in back of you who's screaming idiotic nonsense all night, you know it's bad.  And he isn't the only clown in 120 by a longshot, just the one in my ear all night.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Does Carp think he's one?

Bottom line, Montreal didnt play close to their standards. The bad news is we were further from ours. We didnt 'contain' Montreal. That's generalized horse manure speak. Tonight was about which team could play the least sh!ttiest.

The last post was a little more realistic, except that they aren't going to finish 11th unless they really, really suck the rest of the season.   The Flyers are off for a LONG time and then are going to get their own death stretch to make up for it.

It's 10 teams for 8 spots (at least until the Flyers start playing again) and I'm not overly impressed with the competition.   I thought Carolina had alot more points than they do.   Haven't really checked the standings this year.

And they did contain Montreal and they outshot them badly in the 3rd when Montreal should have totally run us into the ground.   Your expectations are way too high and you're not accounting for the schedule at all.    They're sorta lucky they bounced back because they schedule put them in a bad spot when they blowing points left and right 10 days ago.

Now, 2 weeks from now if they haven't started making some progress, then I'll get a little concerned.   But even then, the season's over in a couple of weeks, who cares.   It's not like 2010 where they were done in December and then you have 4 months of meaningless games to look forward to.

Edited by maxpower

The last post was a little more realistic, except that they aren't going to finish 11th unless they really, really suck the rest of the season.   The Flyers are off for a LONG time and then are going to get their own death stretch to make up for it.

It's 10 teams for 8 spots (at least until the Flyers start playing again) and I'm not overly impressed with the competition.   I thought Carolina had alot more points than they do.   Haven't really checked the standings this year.

And they did contain Montreal and they outshot them badly in the 3rd when Montreal should have totally run us into the ground.   Your expectations are way too high and you're not accounting for the schedule at all.    They're sorta lucky they bounced back because they schedule put them in a bad spot when they blowing points left and right 10 days ago.

Now, 2 weeks from now if they haven't started making some progress, then I'll get a little concerned.   But even then, the season's over in a couple of weeks, who cares.   It's not like 2010 where they were done in December and then you have 4 months of meaningless games to look forward to.

Again, "containment" doesn't mean sh!t if you lose.

I think they may already get into DEFCON 1 territory with a loss on Tuesday against a corpse team.  Granted, a corpse team that can still shut out a bad offense like ours, even if they've tuned out Tortorella.  They don't really have two weeks to get the offense going.  Even during this non-sucky stretch after our malaise we're still 3-2-1, and that's with playing decent-well the last four games.

But yeah at least there's not much time to have meaningless games even if they do crap the bed.

Did you really expect to win this game?    It would be one thing if they were playing a sh!tty team, but they weren't.   I expected them to get killed.   They exceeded my expectations.

I did expect them to win this game. They can't make the playoffs beating teams that aren't as good as them. Hell, in some cases they can't even beat those teams. But yeah, on home ice, having gained a bit more confidence, and playing a team that is "better" than them, I fully expected the Devils to win.

In two weeks if they don't progress you might as well change the channel to baseball because it will be all over.

I did expect them to win this game. They can't make the playoffs beating teams that aren't as good as them. Hell, in some cases they can't even beat those teams. But yeah, on home ice, having gained a bit more confidence, and playing a team that is "better" than them, I fully expected the Devils to win.

It was an ambush game at the end of a long run of games.   Against a good team.   It had death written all over it.   If the shoe was on the other foot and I was a Habs fan, and we lost that game, I'd go nuts.

It's a bug/windshield thing.    It's like the Rangers drawing us sitting around doing nothing while they play 3 in 4 during a slump.   *THAT'S* a game I expect to win and they better win it.