Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

I did the Rangers pre-sale and mine is being delivered on Friday in a 3lbs package as it came with the Rangers scarf and hat.  3lbs is a good amount of kindling for when I move into my new place with a wood burning fireplace in Jan.

Well hey now, might also need to clean the toilet bowl out and you certainly wouldn't want to waste a new brush on that task.. Better to use something with sh!t already on it :P

Nice! Is that an actual pin on the ticket?

Looks like they stamped the tix to give it a raised logo look.. Very nice touch! And we deserve it after dropping so much dough on one game

Edited by Colin226

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Icethetics:

Devils fight back against Stadium Series modernization

Speaking of the New Jersey Devils, they are the one team I don't have solid information on. But in this case, I trust the rumors. And you probably will too once I lay it all out.

Knowing as we do Lou Lamoriello's stance on jerseys — that is, the Devils wear red, white or, begrudgingly, a throwback and NOTHING else — it's no surprise to hear that New Jersey will apparently be sporting their red and green retros this winter.

They've been used on or around St. Patrick's Day in recent seasons since 2010.

This goes against the decidedly modernized jersey designs being implemented for the Stadium Series. And it's speaks to Lamoriello's sweater conservatism in a big way. Was he able to fight back against the powers at Reebok and the NHL?

But there's a twist. Even if the colors and striping survive, it sounds like we're still getting that chrome crest. There are some battles you just can't win, I suppose. I'm eager to see how it all comes together. The Devils have not announced a public unveiling date yet.

Neither have the Blackhawks

So looks like we will be chroming it up. On a retro style jersey i think that it is going to look horrible.

From Icethetics:

So looks like we will be chroming it up. On a retro style jersey i think that it is going to look horrible.

bah if this is the case I'm proud of Lou for trying but not surprised he couldn't stand his ground completely on the logo. I wonder how it was finally decided and who told him that he had to cave- ownership? Bettman?

Rags Stadium Series jersey is going to be unveiled today.

From what I have seen and heard, it will be predominantly white with the same cookie cutter design of the others.  On the front they will have the diagonal 'NEW YORK" that will be chromified.  The shoulders will be blue with the Stadium series patch on one shoulder.

Rags Stadium Series jersey is going to be unveiled today.

From what I have seen and heard, it will be predominantly white with the same cookie cutter design of the others.  On the front they will have the diagonal 'NEW YORK" that will be chromified.  The shoulders will be blue with the Stadium series patch on one shoulder.

You mean something like this? :P

AKP01Hi.jpg

Looks like we will be chroming it up. On a retro style jersey i think that it is going to look horrible.

..if the powers that be (Bettman, O'Neil, etc.) actually succeed in forcing LL's hand for using the chrome logo.. I would be stunned.

Edited by Beezer34

..if the powers that be (Bettman, O'Neil, etc.) actually succeed in forcing LL's hand for using the chrome logo.. I would be stunned.

I don't think Lou holds the same amount of clout as he did say 10 or even 5 years ago. Remember last year he wasn't really involved at all in the lockout talks. In a smaller nhl sure he was like the godfather but I feel in some ways in the business end the league has grown too big for him in the sense that his influence is diminished.

I don't think Lou holds the same amount of clout as he did say 10 or even 5 years ago. Remember last year he wasn't really involved at all in the lockout talks. In a smaller nhl sure he was like the godfather but I feel in some ways in the business end the league has grown too big for him in the sense that his influence is diminished.

..you may be on to something.

My friend works at the Globe where Lou goes about once a month, and he knows him quite well. He tells a story how the league consulted Lou prior to the expansion in 1991, and talks about how it was Lamoriello who pioneered the suggestion of extending the season into June. (before that, the NHL finals would end in May) Couple things to reference here --besides Lou's authority--  #1) Lamoriello was a 49 year-old man in 1991.. and  #2) The NHL was a 21 team league!

I think it's fair to say the NHL respects Lou's stature.. but he certainly doesn't have the obedience in command, that he once had.

Edited by Beezer34

Yes, he does.

I'd venture to say he's the biggest reason they're doing an outdoor game at Yankee Stadium.

I would venture to say if it were up to Lou he would have just rather not be in the game, not his style.

The league is the one driving the stadium series, and one in NYC was going to happen whether Lou was involved or not. I'm glad they're doing it and were a part of it (especially the first of the 2 games), but I really doubt Lou is the biggest reason the game is going to happen.

I'd agree, but the lack of a new jersey for this simple has Lou written all over it.. The league wanted everyone to have new jerseys, but the Devils clearly resisted.. He may have less clout, I do agree, but at the same time the owners clearly have a ton of respect for him and will undoubtedly concede if Lou feels strongly enough about something.. He has more right to "protect the brand" (guessing that's what Lou calls it) than anyone else on this Earth

I would venture to say if it were up to Lou he would have just rather not be in the game, not his style.

The league is the one driving the stadium series, and one in NYC was going to happen whether Lou was involved or not. I'm glad they're doing it and were a part of it (especially the first of the 2 games), but I really doubt Lou is the biggest reason the game is going to happen.

I agree that he probably didn't really care and would rather not be in it, but at the same time he knows this is huge exposure for the team.. Vanderbeek said that if a Winter Classic was played in NJ, it would involve the Devils.. Lou is on the Yankees BOG, so it's not a stretch to think that he was told to get the Devils in this game and did so under orders.. Again, I agree it's not his style, but if he were to turn the game down it would be terrible for the franchise

I'd agree, but the lack of a new jersey for this simple has Lou written all over it.. The league wanted everyone to have new jerseys, but the Devils clearly resisted.. He may have less clout, I do agree, but at the same time the owners clearly have a ton of respect for him and will undoubtedly concede if Lou feels strongly enough about something.. He has more right to "protect the brand" (guessing that's what Lou calls it) than anyone else on this Earth

oh believe me I've been in this thread hoping Lou keeps to the regular or retro jerseys, and as you see by my avatar I have a lot of respect for him. But if the chrome logo is on it I think that's a small sign of Lou not being able to dog in his heels like he used to.

I will say this; the fact it's taking so long is a good sign. --provided you WANT to see a jersey that the team's never worn before. ie; different stripe design, chrome, etc.

Edited by Beezer34

So when are we going to unveil our jerseys?!?!?

The suspense is building...

It's ****ing frustrating at this point.. Like WTF just come out with it! They obviously had the plans set a while ago.. I'm with everyone else who is baffled by them not releasing all of these jerseys before the holiday shopping season.. I'd love to hear why, because I genuinely don't think they screwed up and are that incompetent.. At the same time, I can't see any logical reason

It's ****ing frustrating at this point.. Like WTF just come out with it! They obviously had the plans set a while ago.. I'm with everyone else who is baffled by them not releasing all of these jerseys before the holiday shopping season.. I'd love to hear why, because I genuinely don't think they screwed up and are that incompetent.. At the same time, I can't see any logical reason

i havent read this thread in a while but i thought the jerseys they were wearing were just retros?

I'm baffled by them not releasing all of these jerseys before the holiday shopping season.. I'd love to hear why, because I genuinely don't think they screwed up and are that incompetent.. At the same time, I can't see any logical reason

..because Lou's still fighting Harris & O'Neil? :P